HC1-Couldn't be a Pulsar C

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Butterlander, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Butterlander

TR begs for 167 tier carbine, stuck with T5 AMC pea shooter forever.

SOE gives us weird close range 167 gun. TR are like WTF? This not ranged carbine!

SOE buff weird 167 gun - give less recoil angle, give .75 ADS, give to NC as "Bandit"

SOE give TR crappy Razor clone that's just like a T5 AMC with lower velocity and different DMG tier.

Why can't TR just have one GOOD headshots carbine? .175 jitter recoil, no bias pull, decent RoF (577-600!)

We just have two pea shooters now, both "meh" accuracy, both bad TTK.
    • Up x 6
  2. Harmaakettu

I just recently auraxiumed it and I think it's great. Easily one of my favorite TR carbines after the Jaguar.
    • Up x 1
  3. NCstandsforNukaCola

T5 AMC was bad? :confused:
    • Up x 8
  4. Rovertoo

Because giving the Mercenary accuracy and range like the Razor would be too powerful? The Cougar is a good weapon just because it's a Razor with extra rounds.
  5. Butterlander

Merc is already more accurate, IDK what you're smoking. Razor has velocity and HVA advantage, but that's mainly it. I'm not asking for a Mercenary with Razor's advantages either, you're just making straw man.

Compared to Mercenary, Pulsar C, AC-X11 it's not a real long range carbine. It's a sustain damage easy handling shorter range carbine.
    • Up x 4
  6. Hiperion

T5 AMC is good, just change of weapons some times im sick of 652 rpm and i change to my jaguar
  7. Bankrotas

Correction TR begged for Razor clone. They got that and then cried it's not TR enough. Then it was changed to 35 ammo clip Razor clone.
    • Up x 1
  8. stalkish

TR =/= NC =/= VS
    Get over it or...
    Sorry if that sounds harsh.
    • Up x 1
  9. Voidsnore

No, many TR wanted a Pulsar C or Mercenary. It was not specific to Razor. Razor would be the last choice for me. T5 AMC was already very similar to it.

I was TR main when this change happened, went VS honestly just to use Pulsar C, that's how disappointed in Cougar I was.
  10. Bankrotas

Well they should've spoken up, cause all the cries were for Razor.

Which ain't great. No "long" range carbine adaptations are good. But speaking of Pulsar C, neither Merc or Razor are as good as it anyways.
  11. Oddhermit

Roll VS, pick Pulsar C as your free weapon.

TR will never get a mid-long range carbine as good as NC or VS as long as they want to keep giving TR worse stats for more bullets per mag. It's why I left for VS.
  12. Crywalker

Some old responses to this issue:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/22and1/cougar_is_just_not_what_tr_wants_from_a_167/

As you can see, not a lot of people are asking for a Razor clone. Some people liked the first Cougar, some people wanted a more long range gun, but nobody was like "give us a Razor 'cause 550 RoF is so awesome!".

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/226bte/what_is_the_niche_for_the_new_tr_hc1_cougar/

And here we have people actually suggesting Pulsar C-like stats specifically.

Anyway, I didn't go VS like some people, I just quit the game. Cougar proved their incompetence @ weapon balance to me beyond all doubts. I was so excited that TR might finally have a 167 tier gun, and then it came without all the stuff the better 167 tier guns have. All I really wanted was .175 horizontal recoil, 0/0 recoil angle, 577-600 RoF, and a decent velocity. And they gave us a T5 AMC mutated into a 167 tier gun instead.
    • Up x 2
  13. patrykK1028

Why cant VS have good 167dmg AR?
    I want SABR in place of Corvus
    • Up x 3
  14. Rovertoo

Then what are you asking for? The Cougar is a perfectly viable weapon.
  15. Butterlander

Have you tried reading thread titles? I wanted something more like the Pulsar C: more versatile w/better TTK and accuracy, but screw the 5 extra rounds and Razor/T5 AMC velocity. We already had an easy-handling high velocity plinker gun, we needed a hard hitting gun for all-purpose use and nailing people with headshots.

Agree. All factions should have one good 167/577-600 dmg primary that just works for all-round use. Dropping RoF/DPS way too low with very little accuracy benefit - arguably worse accuracy in Cougar/Razor's case - just isn't worth it as a trade-off.
    • Up x 1
  16. BobSanders123

We have SABR. Use that and make VS rage.
  17. Butterlander

If I could use SABR on Light Assault/Engineer that'd be neat. But I can't.
    • Up x 1
  18. patrykK1028

Yeah, that Cougar looks similiar to Corvus. Cougar is lacking rpm for no reason and Craprus is lacking A LOT of rpm for very little accuracy advantage.
    But there are more unbalanced weapons that only have disadvantages... basically every burst fire rifle except SABR (the only one with good first shot recoil multiplier), Battle Rifles, slug Shotguns...
  19. Paperlamp

I have had the same problem, hated the Cougar, felt like we'd been duped, bamboozled, smeckledorfed.

But then I learned some important things. This game is dying. This game isn't remotely competitive. They don't have many people working on the PC version - they're just trying to keep it on life support and milk it while they get the PS4 version going. The nuances of weapon balance aren't going to be getting any attention unless they're on the most commonly used/abused overpowered weapons, or if people rage loud and long about them like the Spiker.

If you play TR you also need to understand and accept that the faction was designed for playing while drunk.

Accuracy is not our forte.
    • Up x 2
  20. Boosted

The problem with SOE, I think they hate on TR and VS. Anytime there's some kind of marketing, NC is always the faction on the front page. I mean look their loading screen, NC is fighting TR and VS.
    • Up x 1