2 Years and still no ban on teamkillers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackbird, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Blackbird

Just ran into a pure teamkiller . Yes that is all the guy does . I have reported him . Others have reported him .
    He spawned into the spawn room . I reconized the name . We were totally circled by NC . Im saying to myself BLEEP BLEEP , there goes any fun in this fight . I pull my pistol and watch . First thing he does is look around take his rifle and TK a fellow who just spawned in . So I put him down .

He is not the only one .

There is no possible excuse SOE can have for not erasing these peoples accounts ! No excuse !
    SOE there are killboards in case you did not know . I and other players can look these players up and see their kill history . It really makes SOE look like they approve this type of behavior .

SOE either needs to say ..Go ahead and teamkill all you want ! Or they need to ban these obvious teamkillers
  2. minhalexus

I don't get this teamkilling stuff.
    Weapon lock is pretty quick, and I don't like losing SPM.

Maybe they can decrease friendly bullet effectiveness.
    • Up x 1
  3. WorldOfForms

TKers are the only thing that really bothers me in this game. Sometimes I am in the spawn room and a guy will just kill me out of the blue, and I know I didn't accidentally TK him earlier. I repeatedly will send tells asking why they TKed me and they never respond.
  4. Grunt_Alpha

Not ban them but disable their weapons after two team kills for 30 mins......bans will be unfair as a lot of idiot team mates will just run in-front of you while you are shooting at an enemy. Or the best solution will be to remove friendly fire from the game.
  5. WorldOfForms

Removing friendly fire would be terrible for the game, the reason of which has been discussed over and over on these forums.

Weapons lock should just be more strict. They could start with a very short lock and then ramp it up quickly.
    • Up x 5
  6. SpruceMoose

I got a whole list of guys who've team killed me for dumb reasons, might as well have some fun with it
    them -"go play a real class noob" runs me over with harasser
    what I did - (phaseshifted while repairing)

"Infiltrators don't help at all" daltoned
    (tankmines on air pad)

"sniper *****" PPA scythe
    (rammed him with a galaxy)

"flashes don't help go spawn a magrider" PPA magrider
    (more c4)

"you tried to run me over!" as I save my flash from rolling over, but manage to clip his shields. shoots rockets at me
    (working on it)

"sorry scrub but I want that generator exp." heavy kills me for gen exp.
    (me and friend weapons locked ourselves on him as he screamed and rage quit in prox chat)

as a game I memorize their names and kill them when I get the chance
    my own way to manage that anger

the tells I get after
    • Up x 10
  7. FateJH

I don't know how but you guys seem to run into the worst people when you log on.

It sorta works that way already. Removing the warning stages and starting with the said short weapons' lock cycle seems appropriate.
    • Up x 1
  8. Sneakle

Those type of players are so annoying. It's a huge deal while in combat. Some friendly idiot shoots you in the head and your shield is down for 10 seconds, that is a huge deal for the game play. Some idiot uses a grenade on friendlies, well because he is actually the opposing faction logging on as the opposing faction harassing, or c4.

Then there are the reckless ones who just dont care, they are just as annoying but it's different. They will get locked and suffer a bit. The ones who change to another account doesnt.

One rant about this system is vehicles. Quite a bunch of players should have their "driver licens" revoked for a a week when they keep running friendlies over just because they dont care. And yes, they dont give a rats **** about the 6 players they run over just as long their Harassar/tank doesnt get blown up.

Drivers driving at full speed near a bunch of friendly should get a much bigger penalty. Lock the equipment AND put in an extended time where they cant use vehicles.

The problem is, if you dont record a video of players doing these things, you wont get them banned. I've reported alot of those who blow up friendly tanks, aircraft and killing infantry for fun, but it doesnt seem to work, not even a warning to those players.

One of the most annoying things is when some one gets mad about not being allowed in a vehicle because its private or squad only and he blows it up with c4. Or if he is one of those players who runs infront of everybody shooting, realizing he gets shot by friendlies and then kills the friendlies for doing so, arf!

I report them with the harassment option ingame. I take it if enough do it they will get a warning? Suspended and eventually banned if they keep it up? The problem is that they can have several accounts and I dont think SoE takes notice of these things unless tehy switch back and forth alot. Ie, they can use an account one night and be idiots and another next night and be normal?
  9. Imperial Sect

It's a 4th factioner. Seen many a person on Emerald do this crap, even go as far as c4ing friendly sunderers because their main faction is losing. I completely agree with you, people like this should be banned and done away with.
  10. tahn1000

i've reported when it happens to me and a bunch of others, but only out of indignation. seriously, i don't think they give a stuff about their own rules. you just get the standard copy/paste/insert appropriate name response and you know nothing's going to happen.
  11. Turtleseek

-Players that performed dozens of teamkills within a short period.
    -Players with a higher amount of TK than enemy kills.
    -Players who destroy multiple friendly deployed sunderers.

Imo players that meet one of these conditions should be automatically disconnected then banned. At this point it doesn't even matter if it's intentional or not : If you "accidentally" blew up four frieldly sunderers or killed 20 allies in 5 minutes, you should probably be doing something else
  12. ajma

I get clearly intentionally teamkilled once or twice in each session. I'm trying to learn to shrug it off.
  13. Jac70

Very rarely happens to me. I got shot in the face while stood in the spawn last night and I just shot-knifed the guy. I looked at his killboard and saw that he had just started playing so probably a genuine mistake. There was one annoyance a few weeks ago whereby I had a Sunderer set in an advantageous spot. Enemy couldn't take it down then all of a sudden it just exploded - tank mines set off by a friendly. That could only have been one of the enemies getting frustrated and logging onto an alt.

If they suspended people who were playing as NC, then switch to VS and soon after TK a sundy then that would help.
  14. FieldMarshall

Here is a story about justice that happened to me yesterday. The story has been slightly altered for dramatic effect.

Me and 3 others were standing in a Biolab spawnroom a while after a cap,
    i was half-afk doing some other things while one was in the tube, one was looking at the equipment terminal and one was just standing around.

Suddenly the guy from the spawntube takes 2 steps forward and looks around the room with evil in his eyes.
    The kind of evil only a 13 year old teamkiller could have. Then ADSs at the equipment term guy and unloads his carbine into his head.
    Equipment guy's head exploded in a bloody mess. (Or... it would have, if there was blood in PS2).
    Me and the other guy just standing there didnt move, but it caught my attention.

I sat back down in front of my PC and didnt move my character as i watched my screen. "Will i be next" i thought.
    I certainly wasent going to let some teamkilling ****** go free, so i prepared for the worst. "This guy needs to die" i said to myself.
    I had my hands ready, like some serious texas western cowboy showdown crap. And squinted my eyes as i watched the TKer look around the room.
    The other guy in the room with us was frozen with fear (or he may have been afk, we may never know).
    The killer turned towards me and looked me straight in the eyes. When i saw him ADS at my face, i knew it was almost time...
    As soon as he fired off the first bullet i quickly ADSd popped him in the head with my SAW before he even dropped my shields.
    I could almost taste the tears as his body hit the cold floor.
    If i had one, i would have extinguished my burning cigar on his pile of blood and said a clever one-liner.

The other guy that was standing in the spawnroom looked at the corpse, then at me. Cant tell if he was surprised or not he is only a cold faced expressionless pixelman anyway.
    I like to think he wanted to thank me for (possibly) saving him.
    I walked into the sunset as i redeployed, and sent the teamkiller a tell about how embaressing it must have been for him.
    • Up x 2
  15. JobiWan

Happened to me and a squad mate last night, two of us trying to hold a base against 3 Scythes spamming the spawn room, we pulled AA heavies and were holding our own, we took a few down, they kept sending an infil to the capture point and we kept killing him too.

Went on for about 15 mins and was really good cat and mouse stuff.

Until.....

Suddenly there were only 2 Scythes, and a BR1 player spawned into our spawn room and killed us both, then left. Obviously one of the attackers had switched factions just to kill us.

I've seen a suggestion for a timer when changing factions, I think this would work, even 10 mins would be enough to stop this blatant abuse.
    • Up x 1
  16. Xasapis

SOE only intervenes on TK reports from people who don't retaliate back.

Don't expect more than a few days ban. That works for most normal people and throw away accounts.
    • Up x 1
  17. Aeravic

A solution might be to remove weapons lock altogether. Sure, they get to TK more people but at least now you are not being punished for killing the TKer.
  18. Xasapis

I would make it stricter. One TK with handheld weapons locks you for 10 minutes, unless the victim "forgives" the TK.

Vehicle kills are a bit more complicated. From deployed Sunderers who kill freshly spawned players and blame the owner to debris kills, vehicles present a grey area that is not present in infantry fights.
  19. Yuukikun

10% tk rate should be automatic ban.
    • Up x 3
  20. Goretzu

I've been TK'd for being solely responsive for driving off Air that was camping us and stopping us retaking the base.

Apparently instead of driving off the Air and keeping it off with an AA MAX I was supposed to be charging towards the cap point whilst being repeatedly killed by Air before I could get halfway there! :D

Really though if anyone has 25%+ TKs in total over say a month they should get an automatic suspension, if they continue to do that over 3 months (non-consecutive - so 2 suspensions then just a ban) they just should be banned and good riddence.