Cheaters or P2Win-ers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by orangejedi829, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Yuukikun

you forgot ''using a mouse'' as an exploit in your list.
    • Up x 4
  2. Mindcrime

Here is a video to highlight the subtle difference between all the bads in this thread and the rest of us.

• Up x 1
  3. runtt

since 99.9 % of the ppl dont know about this supposed legit wall climb in a heavy. I 'am pretty sure its called an exploit .
  4. WTSherman

To be quite honest, if I had a group of players that openly claimed to be cheating on my server and went out of their way to post gameplay footage that looks more or less exactly like what I see from most confirmed bots, I'd go ahead and ban them on principle whether the detection software picked up anything or not.

People like that are toxic to the community anyway, so good riddance to bad rubbish.
    • Up x 2
  5. Shanther

Gotta love "exploits" anyone can do. Don't blame bad people for not knowing about things. The Dunning Kruger is strong with people.

Uhhhh.
  6. drstrange2014

WTSherman, well said.
  7. LegioX

That is some suspicious shooting there in that video. I can clearly see how the sight is "snapping" to the persons head in some of those killstreaks. More robot than "human motion." I smell fish.
    • Up x 1
  8. RykerStruvian

Going to call you out on the exploits. A lot of people do not know about things in games that you are not supposed to do. Just because you know about something that can be done doesn't mean it SHOULD be done. For instance, there were crates in one of the outposts on the northern part of Indar (I forgot which one) and you could crawl inbetween two and clip through it. It would then let you shoot out from it but nobody could shoot in.

So just because people knew about it and something anyone can do it doesn't mean you should do it.

On the topic of clipping, I didn't take any screenshots or video, but there was a huge fight on Indar north of Tawrich and someone was warping around shooting people spawning at a sunderer. Considering the fight was really huge, I wasn't sure if it was a side effect of lag or if he really was warping about (he was appearing and disappearing. it looked like a speed hack almost). It looked as if he was clipping through some of the terrain as well.

Some other people saw the guy but I wasn't able to get his name and he didn't kill me. So I wasn't sure if it was just lag, a bug, or an actual hack.
    • Up x 1
  9. SeanFree

You guy are such ****lords lel.

Players this good are a minority, it's not hard to not run into them most of the time. Cry less.
    • Up x 1
  10. Shanther

Trying to compare wall jumping over a wall to hiding in a box where people can't shoot you is insane. The former is entirely harmless, the latter is not.
    • Up x 2
  11. Posse

The fact that you can't do it doesn't make them cheaters.
    • Up x 1
  12. WTSherman

I don't care how "good" anyone thinks they are. Their gameplay is suspicious at best and their attitudes are downright toxic. If I can use the former as an excuse to get rid of the latter then good riddance. Means I wouldn't have to deal with the reports anymore either, they'd be gone.

On the slim chance they happen to be legit, so what? Game's still better off without them, just like BCP. Heck if BCP hadn't quit I wouldn't have been surprised if he was eventually banned on the grounds of his sheer toxicity alone.
    • Up x 1
  13. cykael

Anyone could do wallclimbing in WoW and it was considered an exploit because you could reach places that weren't intended to be reached. That said, apparently the devs of PS2 have said that they like the feature and it's working as intended (I like it myself as well to be honest).

Well I dunno if they are cheating but most of that gameplay is pretty far from what I'd consider cheating. I haven't seen how aimbot looks like in PS2 but most of the times in that vid people take their time to aim and start firing after that. I find it funny how people just come out of woodworks screaming cheats when more impressive stuff is done in other games on daily basis.

Even though most of this vid is sped up you can still see his insane pin point accuracy flicks and he's completely legit. You can also check some of his other videos to get an idea. And he's not the only one, most top caliber pro players can pull off stuff like that on regular basis.

If I'm defending cheaters then I guess the joke's on me but I can't see anything super impressive in these videos, just some good aim, movement and recoil control.
  14. orangejedi829

Hey guys! I took all of the advice in this thread:
    - Always have situational awareness
    - Try to quickly identify friend from foe
    - Never stop moving, even while shooting
    And especially:
    - Make sure your aim is true before you start firing
    - AIM FOR TEH FACE
    I ditched my Warden-toting HA and loaded up the default Medic load out (since I'm a lowly BR 18 and don't own any auto rifles). Got 97 kills in 3 hours. (Intense music added to make my shooting seem more skillful).

And to think I used to hate that gauss rifle.
    Anyway, I think we can give the players in this thread the benefit of the doubt. I've only put ~30hrs into the game. It seems reasonable that people who have put 1000s of hours in could be as good as these guys are.
    • Up x 1
  15. HammerbossNC

Another scrubby,jelly of 2nd most kills Ravens all servers.
    Git gud reachcat noob bot.
  16. HammerbossNC

Hue hue hue.
    Go arm that bot.
  17. Predator01cz

Nah dude.. that's just average Vanu
    try playing VS sometimes, it's the ultimate easy mode
    comes with free night camo and hate from everyone with half sense for balance.
  18. Mindcrime

Confirmed bots? Openly claimed to be cheating? Not only are you delusional you have no idea what the **** you are talking about.
    • Up x 2
  19. Utrooperx

So the other night, me and a couple of guys were defending a BioLab...in a very similar occurrence, here comes this VS HA with a guided missile Beetlejuice, complete with the magical ability to dance between bullets...after I got off'd a few times, I did something he didn't expect...I started tossing claymores everywhere. After the other guys noticed that Mr. VS was walking into my mines, they switched to Engineers and we mined the whole place...end tally...I got him 4 times with claymores...and twice with my Lynx...because he was too busy looking for mines to look for me.

Second time I ever heard the Recursion Tracker declare "Submission...forced a player to log out"...

:)

Remember, mines are persistent...they stay when you switch classes...and if you max out the pouch, you can place up to three AI and/or five AV...at the same time. As the "defender", you know where the attackers are going...drop your mines appropriately.

Easiest kills in the game...;)
    • Up x 4
  20. Atis

When I jumped from VS to NC it sure felt like easymode ON. I guess, having more than half sense for balance has something to do with that.