[Suggestion] How about a change to the Auraxium Vehicle Lumifiber Directive reward.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ronjahn, Nov 8, 2014.

1. ronjahn

So after finally completing the Master level Directive for the Vanguard and then equipping the long awaited Lumifiber reward, all I can say is that I am extremely disappointed.

It looks almost exactly like the Lumifiber I spent SC on over a year ago, except there is one catch.

On my graphic setting, it looks worse and tends to flicker between a bright yellow and white color. I have never seen it glow the purple color of Auraxium.

How about you either change it so it actually appears Purple or switch it out and come up with something new. Auraxium plating, similar to the Gold plating, would be a nice touch.

I haven't seen any other vehicles with the Directive reward, as far as I can tell since it looks like normal Lumifiber, but if they look as bad as the Vanguard, you might want to adjust that too. Why have players grind for something broken or that they can spend SC on? In all honesty I'd rather have a hood ornament.
    • Up x 3
  2. CNR4806

The special glow is supposedly what differenates it from normal lumifibers, but that distinction needs to be more clear for it to matter.

I think the idea of auraxium lumifiber is nice, and it gives F2P player something to fill that rather significant cosmetic slot if they're willing to work for it.

I don't think they're all supposed to glow purple though, since that's a faction color of VS.

==========================

Off-topic: My LMR is 0.95, so I'm apparently slightly better than you at Forumside (tm).

But the biggest winner is probably kogoros (the author of the totally awesome Nanite Systems Comics), whose LMR stands at a whooping 13.35.
  3. Bonom Denej

Yeah, because they're not supposed to be purple. The auraxium lumifiber use a similary "moving" texture than the auraxium infused armors and that is what cause the flicker. If you look closely, it's supposed the be like some sort of liquids of different colors are moving. I think they're pretty neat honestly, it's a matter of taste. But what you describe is actually what that lumifiber is meant to be.
  4. Klypto

I still want Blue Lumifiber for my Vanguard. Directive lumifiber is boring in any case so I choose to ignore the fact that I have it.
  5. Linus

Yep the auraxium lumifiber looks weird, day or night (even on ultra graphics)
    I purchased the gold trim a long time ago, and this one is looking far better.

This reward is nothing but a lazy tiny texture change and perhaps this is all what we deserved for our efforts.
    At least, this kind of accomplished directive can be seen as an ultimate achievement, but if you do that just for the cosmetic reward, it does not worth the pain...
  6. Tearofsoul

I just finished my Mag master today, and I see no difference with/without Auraxium Lumifiber Trim on my Mag at all, not at all. extremely disappointed.
  7. ronjahn

Is auraxium not purple?

I'm pretty sure my auraxium medals, directive weapons, and the auraxium spires all over the planet would agree that auraxium is in fact purple.

If the wanted to call it Glowing Green Yellow White Flickering Fusion Trim, then we'd be on to something, but where it's called Auraxium Trim, and all other experience with Auraxium = Purple, I was kind of expecting purple. Not my fault they named the games precious metal Auraxium and chose the VS faction color for the color of the metal.

What I'm getting at is this trim was a lazy addition and looks awful even when compared with the infantry Auraxium Armor, which IIRC is a shimmering purple on all factions.
  8. ronjahn

Having the most well known and probably most skilled tanker in the game call the reward for the time and effort he put in "boring" and to say he "ignores that he has it" should be reason enough for this to be changed :)

Aren't these directives supposed to be rewards and incentives for players exactly like you to continue playing and have goals to reach?

Actually after a second of thinking, maybe the directives are there to create more players like you when this is released on ps4....
  9. Predator01cz

I'll take the chance to rant about how stupid the directives for harasser are.. basically they reward everyone except the one who actually drives the harasser.

And yeah.. the lumifieber should be more distinct..
    I had to be told that the glowing NC sundy I'm looking at has actually auraxium lumifieber, since I couldn't tell a difference from the other generic lumifieber sundies.
  10. Klypto

I still equip it since it's a slot cosmetic, but I don't actually turn it on for any reason.
  11. Bonom Denej

Maybe but purple is also VS empire main color and if you go there, you'll be happy to learn that gold can be white and diamonds can be green.

You're wrong here. The auraxium infused armors are empire colored... VS purple, TR red and NC blue.
  12. BengalTiger

Well then, why not purple/blue for NC, purple/red for TR and purple/ ... ... cyan? for VS?

A two cycle, dual color lumifiber is what I envision.
    One cycle flashes in faction color, then in the next it flashes in purple, going through white in between the two saturated and blooming main colors
  13. Bonom Denej

Why not. But hey, honestly, deal with the fact that you don't like the actual one, because devs probably aren't going to change it. I like the way it look and I don't know if it depends on the graphics quality but personally I can clearly tell the difference between the classic and the lumifiber if you're not too far away.
  14. BengalTiger

Never wrote I didn't like it, I just think it would be more unique to have such a color theme.
  15. Bonom Denej

I thought you were the OP, my bad =D