Server Smash killboard: Top 10 weapons from last 5 server smashes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hovelmotte, Nov 6, 2014.

1. T0x1s

KPH and KPU do not show if a weapon is OP or not. Example Banshee right now. Many people use it and the stats go up and people say its OP.
  2. Alkezo

Then why did the PPA get nerfed?
  3. Matt879

Thx OP, now the orion's gonna be nerfed into oblivion. Ever considered that perhaps a bigger % of VS forces was HA because they had more infantry (not a single VS vehicle weapon in the killboards, yet breakers and the airhammer show up several times)
  4. NinjaTurtle

Logged in just to like, would read again. LMFAO
  5. Goretzu

The one problem with the thread is the OP said that......... then.......... jumped to some conclusions himself! :D
  6. Stigma

That's not actually true - they are perfect carbon copies of eachother in stats. I think the only sniper that genuinely doesn't have bulletdrop if the phaseshift ES VS thing. bulletdrop just isnt something you really notice on most weapons unless you are firing at extreme ranges.

-Stigma
  7. Takoita

The only surprise for me in that list is EM6 - I would've expected more of the good ol' SAW. Or maybe it is just better when firing on the move and I simply don't know what I am talking about?
  8. Isokon

If NC/TR really wanted an LMG with the .75 modifier, they could go for the NS-15M, but for some reason they don't. VS not only makes more use of the NS LMG, they also perform better with it and I am really wondering why.
  9. Fellgnome

That "some reason" is probably that it has near 167 tier RoF with 143 dmg per bullet combining to make it the second highest TTK automatic only behind the Corvus.

As for VS using it more, that could be because it's a mid-long range weapon that doesn't completely suck like their Flare and Polaris do. VS has the worst mid-long range LMGs of all factions.
    • Up x 2
  10. minhalexus

EM6 actually sucks when compared to GD-22S and the Anchor.
    I think it got nerfed or something. I was surprised GD-22S wasn't up there, I like it better than the Anchor.

Gauss-SAW is sure fun to play, but I don't think it works in Server Smashes.
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

You do know that the NS-15 does better on the VS than the Orion right?
  12. Fellgnome

Yeah and I know why. It's 1k certs and the Orion is a starter weapon. TR NS-15m does better than CARV too. And NC's of course does better than SAW.

You can't just conclude a linear overpowered to underpowered line from usage metrics alone without considering who uses the weapons, why they use them, and for what kind of play-style.

All starter weapons are used by noobs who have to use them for every play-style whether they're good for it or not.
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

I was referring to Q4 users where noob factor doesn't really exist, and even then the VS NS-15 vs Orion is a difference of 4.29 compared to a difference of 2.71 between the CARV and TR NS-15.

Where this is actually a huge disparity is between the NC NS-15 and Saw at 8.35 but that is where things like weapon role comes into play, not so much with the CARV and Orion since they are both geared towards CQC. So really, the CARV and Orion are fine but the Saw really needs to not be the starter NC LMG... something that there isn't much debate over.
  14. T0x1s

Because it was doing something it was not supposed to do. All AI secondaries was supposed to be short range weapons to be able to defend the MBT or Harasser against infantry trying to kill you.

PPA was only used long range spamming spawns. No other AI secondary could do that.
  15. FieldMarshall

I think it comes from the fact that everyone says is OP. Naturally SS tryhards wants the best possible option.
    Result, everyone goes HA and uses the Orion (Because its so freakin strong that you cant afford not to right?). Orion gets the most kills.
    NC doesent have a "OP" weapon and spread their kills out to whatever weapons they like the most. Including other classes.

Wish it would show more stats. Numbers of players as HA on each side, Kills as HA and total kills overall.
  16. barunedpat

17. Justicia

Here's the top 10 of the Server Smash final from Saturday:

[IMG]

The biggest difference is of course that the AV nades don't appear in the top 10 any more. It had about 200 kills. Fewer than AV mines, AP turret, and the knife for example.
    • Up x 1
  18. Vixxing

So a weapon that kills full flakarmored MAX in 0.4 seconds isnt OP?
  19. T0x1s

AH kills a flak armored MAX in 0.1 seconds at the same range Banshee needs to be with default mag.
  20. Pacster3

Here's the top 10 of the Server Smash final from Saturday:

[IMG]

The biggest difference is of course that the AV nades don't appear in the top 10 any more. It had about 200 kills. Fewer than AV mines, AP turret, and the knife for example.[/quote]

And if you see that overall Vanu did more kills than NC you obviously got to root for an Anchor-Nerf. ;-)

Orion is a good weapon. HAs are used a lot. Orion is their first weapon so most are experienced with it. In case of Vanu the HA is even more interesting cause the MAX is simply underperforming and some other classes are easily outperformed when it comes to firepower by other factions.