The later stages of resource revamp cannot come soon enough...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hermit92, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Hermit92

Just wanted to gripe a little about the current resource system. I know SOE has part 2 planned and I hope they bring it out by the end of the year. As fun as chain pulling your favourite vehicles can be, the current vehicle spam is kind of ridiculous and is hurting the game IMO.

Vehicles are powerful and can tip the scales of battle when used well. Therefore there should be some consequences in losing them. Right now I can do a suicide run with my sunderer, then pull another right after losing it. As a result I often see an abundance of sunderers all around a base. This makes everything chaotic, and also does not scale well with population imbalances.

SOE you guys got to prioritize this as a road map feature.
    • Up x 8
  2. Gorganov

That is kind of the point though. Vehicles are designed to control the field and prevent the other side from getting too close.
  3. Hermit92

Yes I don't mind the vehicles being powerful as they should be. I just dislike the current stage of the resource revamp. There is way too much vehicles being pulled way too frequently. That and I am also curious about SOE's original plan for stage 2 with base nanite resupplies. I don't remember the details and its no longer on roadmap but I remember it sounded pretty cool.
  4. Dhabu

I agree with the OP. I love having new toys as much as the next person (or at least, I would if they weren't underpowered *coughvalkyriecough* but without any kind of resource system, there's very little incentive to fight for any particular base, especially if the odds are at all against you. While the earlier system had its flaws, losing (for example) Hvar on Indar didn't just prevent you from pulling MBTs outside the warpgate; it was a lot of vehicular resources you would lose to the enemy as well. I know not everyone cared about territorial map control even in those times, but more people did, more of the time.

I know the next phase is coming, but in the meantime, the game has lost a lot of its special persistence that gives the combat some kind of lasting significance. That was a lot of what keeps me logging in, fighting difficult fights, and getting emotionally invested in my play, my squad, my outfit, and my faction. And it's not there right now.
  5. patrykK1028

The actual resource system is OK, next stages of Directives are far more important.
    • Up x 2
  6. CipherNine

True. Planetside is becoming boring and meaningless, next stage of Directive system is sorely needed.
    • Up x 1
  7. OldMaster80

Agreed with OP. In current status resources mean nothing. Even as F2P I never run out of resources and in the worst case I have to wait like 1-2 minutes.
    They could remove nanites from the game and I would barely notice. There is no incentive to use resources wisely it is just pre mindless spam.

Resources stage 2, missions stages 2 and 3, and fix for redeployside ASAP.
  8. RolandTEC

The later stages of RR will not be coming this year. They are going to try to revert it back somewhat to what it used to be like. The reason stated was that the RR would require alot of UI work and the UI guys are working on the PS4 version atm. I think this was in the last Higby pls stream if you want to know more.
  9. Leftconsin

Playstation 4 is to blame for a lot of things right now.

Personally, I want more work on directives. Rewards at lower tiers, prestige tiers, more different tiers, more things you can do to achieve (I have to auraxium MAX punch... really?)
  10. vanu123

Vehicles either need to be weak/spammable, or they need to be powerful vehicles with a massive resource cost. Tanks are not powerful, they finally match the higher end of what should be their resource cost.
    Personally I'd rather have a very powerful tank that cost 750 resources than a paper thin cardboard box of a "tank" we have now.
    • Up x 2
  11. Targanwolf

it's not just vehicles...its continuous aircraft too
  12. Targanwolf

whats wrong with rez sickness impairing re spawn of vehicles.How hard can that be to implement ?
    its been around at least a dozen years(in some other games) just to stop whats going on in this game.
  13. patrykK1028

**** PS4
  14. Imperial Sect

The vehicle spam is fine. What we need is a real rocket launcher, the ones in the game right now feel like peashooters. Decimator needs a nice buff from 1335 damage to around 2K, but with the increased damage this would need a slight revamp of the HA class.
  15. Septus

I think they need to revert all the nerfs they made to vehicles, AP is now the best choice in most situations. HE and HEAT aren't very useful. What is the point of using a AI weapon when it doesn't do its job? I play 95% infantry and I am fine with a tank blowing me away one shot and a liberator coming in and changing the course of a battle. Imagine in real life a 50 on 50 battle on the ground and then one side brings in an attack helicopter. Who do you think will win?

Just make it mean something when the tank blocking the road is taken out, or the liberator is blown out of the sky. It shouldn't be back in 1 minute. If they do revamp the system to make vehicles less frequent without making them stronger again that will be very bad. Personally I also think losing an infantry should mean something to. People are very against increasing spawn timers so maybe for each death 1 second is added to or removed from a cap timer depending on which side you are on, but not if revived by a medic. That way if you are 24 versus 48 but your 24 are very good and die less often, you still have a chance to take a base.
  16. uhlan

What they needed to do from the start is have two steps to controlling territory, area denial (Something to keep vehicles busy and not to resort to the zerg-siege mentallity we have now) and base points.

In a system where the territories actually mean something the point would guarantee you some manufacturing or technical resource and the territory would offer a elemental resource to aid in manufacturing. These things would then have a direct effect on equipment that can be pulled from bases in supply.

The problem is that there are far too many bases. One every few hundred meters strung a long a flow-chart and a resource system without any reprocussions.

There needed to be supply chains, base starvation, partisan activity by squads (no ghost capping individuals) which can cap a base
    behind enemy lines. This is especially true because of the zerg effect. There needs to be a way of drawing off forces from zergs, without instituting ghost-capping chaos. Even creating ambushes to supply vehicles by "partisans" which could then be taken over to feed a base cap behind the lines.

Partisan activity would only be allowed in times of great population disparity. Partisans would only allow basic equipment draw and vehicles up to the Harasser.

Perhaps a Partisan class with specific limitations could be instituted.

Base starvation would necesitate Gal drops more often and siege breaks.

There needs to be some complexity brought back into the game which requires a little teamwork.

As it is now, it's an increasingly meaningless and boring spam fest.