[Suggestion] New Directive Weapon Reward beyond the given weapon.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Anonymous Qwop, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Anonymous Qwop

Basically, after a person unlocks the special directive weapon for a specific weapon class, they are given another level after that. Rather than receiving another weapon at this level. They receive a weapon attachment that can be attached to any weapon in that class only (NS weapons not included)

For VS: Rechargeable batteries, ammunition attachment. Replace clip with a cooldown mechanic, the current Carbine, Assault Rifle, and LMG auraxium directive weapons already have this. The drawback is smaller clip size.

For NC: A double-barrel under-barrel shotgun/smoke-grenade/grenade-launcher (2 shots per clip rather than 1). Aiming down sights is replaced with firing both shots at once. Normal fire is still one at a time. The drawback is that the double-barrel under-barrel attachment for some reason adds some horizontal recoil to the main gun.

For TR: A special compensator that works in both the horizontal and vertical axes. The drawback is the same as a silencer.

Requirements: Simply auxarium every weapon in that class (NS and faction specific).
  2. gary the sewer hobo

I think this would be a better reward for the goldd tier, for example, get 4 gold medals on LMGs and you get the ammo attachment for all LMGs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Luminiouscow

For NC, they shouldn't have a shotgun. They should have a mini railgun as their underbarrel, so they can take out light vehicles and light tanks. The railgun should have NO splash damage, so it would be useless against infantry, unless you can aim and get a direct shot.
    • Up x 1
  4. SpaceZeal0t

VS: heat mod for all weapons
    TR: chain clip mod for all weapons (instead of reloads they get one large pool of ammo)

As for nc idk shotgun mod. :eek:
  5. Kubin

I know it's sci-fi and all but said railgun would be far, faaar too weak to damage armor. Staying within Planetside's "physics" - even Railjack isn't able to damage armor and it certainly is huge*** railgun. Something that could fit under a medium-sized barrel would never damage armor because its own barrel would be way to short to gain enough velocity.

And I'm saying this based on how railguns work. Actual (IRL) railguns are HUGE because its projectile isn't explosive or anything - it's just a pure, raw kinetic force of a massive object sped up to enormous velocity by traveling through long magnet-filled "rail". It's just a modern cannonball and all it matters is velocity.
  6. Rovertoo

It's feasible that in the future, they've been able to put the force of an Armor piercing round inside a small railgun. Wouldn't do much damage, but could potentially go through armor. And Nanites.
  7. Anonymous Qwop

I am not suggesting that NC gets just shotgun mod, I am suggesting the NC gets an under-barrel double-barrel shotgun that shoots one of the three rounds: Standard shotgun shells, Grenade Launcher, Smoke Grenade Launcher.
  8. Kubin

Double-barrel grenade launcher? C'mon... :D It would be dispatching MAXes all the way! It's OHKing most infantry and ripping a MAX off of half of its health and you want more? :p
  9. WTSherman

Honestly the NC one sounds like a horrible idea. There's just so many ways SOE could jack it up. Would it only be usable on S-variants? Would each shot be just as strong as a shot from the current underbarrels that the S-variants can use (inb4 "NC underbarrel OP)? Would the individual shots get nerfed into the ground so nobody even has a reason to use it?

I'd prefer that NC gets something that removes damage falloff. Then if you do the belt feed or ex. mags for TR that would keep with the theme of being ammo-related stuff.

Though the AC-X11 doing 200 damage as far out as it can hit instead of 143 at most ranges past 10m might cause some rage.
  10. Fellgnome

I dislike these ideas.

Suppressor downside ruins TR's since it hinders a weapon at range more than that accuracy would boost it. It might be nice on a Jaguar I guess but overall not very exciting.

Then there's just the fact that I would be insanely jealous of an infinite ammo Pulsar C.

NC's entirely depends on how big the horizontal recoil penalty is. Many of their weapons would still be pretty strong at mid-long range with higher horizontal recoil than they currently have. Hell, VS and TR have some guns with lower RoF but higher horizontal recoil.
  11. DatVanuMan

VS: Skin that reduces recoil, both horizontal and vertical, by 33%.
    NC: Skin that increases velocity by 100 m/s, increases damage by 15.
    TR: Skin that increases magazine size and RoF by 25%. No additional recoil.