Your first Auraxium weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fatal_Finn, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Predator01cz

very long time ago..
    NC6 Gauss Saw..
    It surprised me given how little time I play as HA
  2. TheKhopesh

Laser sight, silencer, HV ammo (optional for med/long ADS use with silencer).
    In close range it can WRECK people. :D
  3. TheKhopesh

Impressive! :)
  4. IDragXorI

5. K2k4

nighthawk autoshotty
  6. z1967

Working on the Trac-5 Burst. Are you aware of the definition of insanity? Trying to find a situation where this gun is remotely useful. T5 AMC is better in every possible way that I can think of, except cost. And the bright as **** tracers don't help when I want to try and be sneaky...
  7. Mythologicus

I'm of the impression that silencers make everything better. I hated the Polaris before I decided to stick a silencer on it and go crazy - being able to run like a maniac across no-man's-land shooting the enemy in the face without them even seeing me changed my opinion of it dramatically.
  8. IberianHusky

My first Auraxium was the CARV, then the Jaguar, and tonight I should finish auraximating my MSW.
  9. Meshuggeroh

Longshot, great sniper rifle... And i close to get the NS-PDW Auraxium.
  10. Linedan

My first (and only) auraxium weapon is the Gauss Compact S. My next closest guns are the GD-7F and Gauss SAW and I'm 700+ kills from auraxium on each of those. I'm not very good. I honestly might auraxium Bouncing Betties before either of those guns at the rate I get gun kills.
  11. Luminiouscow

Bruh, use a 1x scope on the T5 AMC and it'll be the most versatile gun you could ever get for the Engineer/Light Assault classes.
  12. Fellgnome

Except for you know, the Mercenary or Pulsar C or hell even the Gauss Compact S or AC-X11.
  13. Ceiu

Jackhammer, here.

Started the game with a $15 buy-in to start with the JH back when you didn't have a starting shotgun option (also pre-pump action and JH adjustment). Used that thing right up until directives came out to give me a reason to try the others.
  14. TheKhopesh

Yeah, unless your targets are past 60m and you're using a ranged weapon, anything but a silencer for the barrel is just pointless.
    (Though VS weapons can actually squeeze about 70-80m out of them thanks to not having to compensate for massive bullet drop. That's one thing I LOVE about the Eridani! You can still snipe with a silencer and SPA. Won't do much damage, but at least you can actually hit the target before he reaches cover.)
  15. TheKhopesh

AC-X11... Versatile?

[IMG]

Mid/long range it can do, but effective AC-X11 use in a CQC fight is like trying to lonewolf a max full health max to death at 10m as a stalker infil using just small arms fire.
    The only time you're going to win against a guy using a shotty, SMG, or high fire rate weapon is if your target is:
    A) AFK,
    or B) a total incompetent fresh off the short bus.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty enough cannon fodder out there that CQC use is doable, but in a serious fight, effective versatility is not it's forte.
  16. Fellgnome

The AC-X11 has the highest accuracy for its TTK class and the lowest TTK for its accuracy class of all carbines.

Its hip-fire is bad and it's punishing if your accuracy is poor, but other than those two issues it's a very strong all-rounder carbine. You just don't hip-fire it beyond extremely close ranges.

It's not like you're in good shape with a T5 AMC for CQC either. Arguably worse due to much higher TTK.

The Merc is the best though, since you have a 3 headshot kill under 10m with 100 more RoF than the AC-X11 which is also a 3 shot kill. And it's just way better TTK than the T5 AMC, better TTK than Pulsar C as well, and its a more forgiving weapon than the AC-X11 due to reasonable hip-fire and faster RoF.

AC-X11 is a beast at longer ranges with full attachments though.

I'd happily throw Cougar, T5 AMC, hell I'd toss TRAC-5 away too, to have a gun as good as the Mercenary OR the AC-X11 on TR.
    • Up x 1
  17. RasFW

Lasher, I think.
  18. AFK1

default NC assault rifle
  19. Stargazer86

Trac-5S, from back in the day. And this was without using the blatantly broken Engineer + Grenade Launcher combo. Nope, I just stuck a compensator and foregrip on the thing. Quite enjoyed it back then too. Not so much nowadays.
  20. Tommyp2006

My first was the Trac5-S, back in the glory days of UBGL farming, and I was a terrible player back then. Second was the T9 Carv, followed by Prowler HEAT. Looking back, it's amazing how long it took me to get auraxium medal level of kills compared to what it does today. I have something like 4 days of play time with the trac5s to get those kills compared to the 18-20 hours it would take me now.