Something SOE should take from this.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Dieter Perras

If it wasn't for latency and head shot multipliers this would already be the case.

But elitist gotta be able to crush noobs to be happy and latency is latency.

Also if you increased the health of individual units anymore all weapons would need an increase in ammo because making a gun that you literally have to reload before being able to kill someone with it isn't fun (aka the striker currently).
    • Up x 1
  2. gibstorm

In the case video games......It is cause you can just pick to play the modes you like.

In CoD. I hate zombies. That doesn't change the fact that a huge chuck of the player base only buys CoD for zombies
  3. Brahma2

See, that's what I wouldn't understand a COD player to understand.
  4. gibstorm

Am i suppose to be able to understand this??
  5. PeanutMF

Overwatch does look kind of interesting, but the larger reliance on "herp-derp press button receive points" special abilities (especially some of the ultimate abilities, emphasis on ones that auto-aim for you or do a huge AoE attack) is a big cross in my book.

Also I think you will find that in many games that have higher TTKs it's mostly because people are harder to hit, otherwise the TTK can still be quite fast if you move as slowly as you do in Planetside.

As for increasing TTK in PS2, I think that would be a horrible idea, especially with the larger fights that go on in this game.
    Ambushing enemies would have less of an impact as if it takes you 2 seconds to down the first one the others have already realised what is happening and respond. Fights would take way too long to resolve and it would favour larger numbers more because you can't exploit lapses in player awareness for short periods of time to gain an advantage, because you would have to expose yourself for too long to kill someone and the sheer numbers the enemy might have would instantly bear down on you.
    • Up x 2
  6. AdmiralArcher

he was talking about their new FPS shooter
    • Up x 1
  7. lNeBl

SoE has already increased the TTK by making every other bullet fail to register.
  8. SpruceMoose

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  9. z1967

Tried counter Strike, only a few guns can aim...

What am I missing? How is this game even remotely competitive if 90% of the weapons can OHK to the head and only a few guns can even aim?
    • Up x 1
  10. Jeslis

I can agree with an increase in ammo POOL.. but maybe not clipsize.. having 2 people NEEDING to focus fire to kill someone quickly .. aka team-work.. is a good thing from my POV. I do understand not everyone shares this POV.
  11. Jeslis

Err I'm sorry, what do you want a link to?.. Its a paid livestream, I can't legally share it.
  12. Jeslis

But to me, the above is a GOOD thing.

Keep in mind I'm not saying like 5x the current healthpools. I'm talking .5x (or 1.5x? if you want correct math), a 50% increase in just about everythings HP/Shields.

Just think, that means you'd have to eat 2 shotgun blasts to the face to die, instead of the instagib CQC fest that can happen :(
    • Up x 1
  13. MajiinBuu

I remember Halo having a fairly long TTK
  14. PeanutMF

The main reason shotguns are so good in this game is because short range combat is far more common place than medium/longer ranges. Because apart from that, they are pretty awful.

While of course it would take more effort, I think redesigning bases such that close range isn't the only way to capture a point would do far better in balancing shotguns while at the same time improving the value of longer-range focused weapons against the craze (and necessity) of high DPS/RPM weapons we have.
  15. cykael

What are you even saying rofl? He's completely correct, arguably the biggest video game success of this decade came from a mod for Warcraft 3 (League, Dota, HoN etc). Mods keep non-MMO multiplayer games alive, Warcraft 3 is over a decade old and it's still got players playing custom maps because the mod tools are one of the best to ever come out of video game.

I feel like you wanted to wave your superiority over "cod peasants" or something and just failed completely.
    • Up x 1
  16. uhlan

The reason things are so out of whack in PS2 is because everyone can pull ANYTHING at ANYTIME.

No one needs to earn anything, resources are free and plentiful. The game is about spam with very little teamwork involved.

Add clientside hit detection, hit registration woes, horrible latency, no depth or immersion and devs who think this game should be a competitive one.

The mind boggles.

The game needs new players, needs drop-ins to keep it epic. By squeezing the great big map down to little battlefields designed for 24v24 max every couple hundred meters and pack it with up to five times that number because you have the lattice system? with no other options?

What were they thinking?

Then, there are individuals and, in fact, entire outfits out there that take advantage of other peoples latency and render issues. They have good gear and good connections and use it to their advantage. Dropping into fights where their mere presence can stress the average persons gear and it just becomes a great big farm.

It might be fun for those few folks, and god bless 'em, but it's horrible for the average player.

Apparently not much was thought through with the PC version of this game.

While I'm not a console guy, at least the PS4 version will be a far more level playing field as far as equipment goes. So it only leaves the server connection to cause any issues.

I'm sure the devs know this to be true and are probably near close to giving up on the PC version anyway as a lost cause.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dieter Perras

because it would just make 1v1s with heavies annoying as well as making shotguns and other close quarters weapons impossible to counter if you aren't using one yourself.
  18. iller

20 years? ...can I actually quote you no that? Is that what you actually think? Or are you injecting hyperbole on one hand for lulz while trying to make my required end of the discussion purely bound by proven facts only?

because Tera and Destiny are technically more aim-based shooters than it is. It's more like a hunt & click throwback updated with billion dollar graphics while its TTK is actually really long considering everyone in it has Aim assist. On second thought, forget I said hunt&clicks too, most of those don't even have aim assist OR tac strikes

I'd answer this but I don't even know what you just said :rolleyes:
  19. Pikachu

For the first round youre suppossed to use desert anus eagle. For the remaning rounds as long as you have money, youre supposed to use m4 or ak47 or awp. Ignore the rest of the weapons. :) If youre in a funky mood you might try mp5 or steyr scout.
    • Up x 1
  20. cykael

Almost every weapon is viable in CS:GO with maybe the exception of autoshotty and sawed off.