What happened to all of the VS on Emerald?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by m00nshake, Nov 6, 2014.

1. m00nshake

Since the PPA nerf, I've noticed that around 5-6 pm EST, VS are outpopped significantly by NC. I've heard a lot of discussion about VS being dominant on Emerald, but as of late, I haven't seen it. Have many switched to NC due to the PPA nerf?
  2. Ronin Oni

A bunch I imagine.

Band Wagon players, aka the notorious "4th faction"

VS doesn't really have anything worth sticking around for anymore besides Orion (and Lancer teams, but that's WAY to organized for 4th faction)
    • Up x 3
  3. Wafflepancake

I have to say that they did jump ship. Now there are too many TR players and my exp bonus is so small :( even factions are boring.
  4. m00nshake

That figures... Not my style, though. Thanks for your responses.
  5. Schizomatic

So thy devs giveth thee PPA, so they taketh away. And as rats take flight from a sinking ship, thy followers of Vanu find sweet the fragrance of other grasses.

I'm considering rejoining the VS now. It was my first empire, when I thought the theme song was pretty cool, LA was fun, because I come from a Tribes background (yay, jumpjets!), and I didn't yet understand how atrociously bad the VS community's attitude and willingness to exploit anything they could get their spandex mitts on was. Ah, the newbie days. Back when gaining 250 certs for the Serpent was a big deal.

I know a handful of Forumsiders aren't going to be happy 'ol Schizo will be defiling their oh-so-precious, do-no-wrong, clearly-not-OP empire again. But, hey, VS will probably end up losing Goku to the TR, so it'll be like the TR pre-Goku defection all over again.

Who wants to be on the biggest, most winningest faction, anyways? Oh, right, a lot of people on this forum.
    • Up x 3
  6. Alzir

Emerald are playing as NC in the server smash final on Saturday, so they're probably getting some practice in.
    • Up x 8
  7. Ronin Oni

Split between TR & NC far as I can figure... the % discrepency between them is about the same as it was before when VS had advantage.
  8. Ronin Oni

That's at most 260 players total and a good chunk of those are already NC....

And probably not all at once more than likely
  9. Hatesphere

yeah it sucks, i just switched to TR after the merge and was having a lot of fun being underpop TR, gonna give it a few more weeks to see what its like then, but i might end up going back to VS if they become the underdogs again.
  10. Negator

Meta has driven away much of the talented and objective based leaders that once defined Emerald VS. In there place, we have multiple mindless zergfits and new players with no drive to do anything resembling joining an active and forward thinking community.
    • Up x 1
  11. IberianHusky

I thought these days would never come... I'm glad to witness the end of their tyranny!
    • Up x 2
  12. NoctD

The 4th faction lives!
  13. MotionBlured

If they left because of the PPA, then good riddance. Maybe I'll get to play my VS without feeling guilty.
    • Up x 5
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

emerolld vs here. never cared about the ppa and never will. i will only leave if they give the magrider wheels:confused:
    • Up x 4
  15. Alzir

I don't play on Emerald so I don't know, but if VS are so dominant there (as forumside says), I doubt the "good chunk" represents the majority. Many probably have alts, but many will also main VS.

Incidentally the PPA nerf has done nothing to cobalt VS, other than allowing our infantry players to have a bit more of a fight :)
    • Up x 1
  16. sL360

If Goku moves to TR full time I think I'm gonna throw up a little. Accursed psuedo-TR philandering around with banshees. Hearing PRAISE MALORN after every victory from [playername]TR characters. *BELLEOGUH* Oh, there it is.

When I was a nub I didn't know anything about 4th factioners...it was a simpler time.
  17. munglay

The transition is almost complete. Once the Orion is rightfully nerfed our migration into TR will be finished. The CARV has been buffed, everything has been prepared. All 6 GOKU platoons will descend on the TR's foes. It will be glorious.

May Malorn show mercy to our enemies, for we will not.
    • Up x 11
  18. Schizomatic

I, for one, welcome our new weeaboo overlords. May their enemies be crushed under the combined force of kawaii.
    • Up x 2
  19. WyrdHarper

They're all playing Archeage. Not even kidding.
    • Up x 3
  20. K2k4

whoa wait.. ppa was the only thing making the VS on Emerald the way they were?

That's hilarious.
    • Up x 3