The EM1 is why TR and VS suck

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zenmonti, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Finalizer

I'd like to see the EM1 turned into an LMG equivalent of the bandit - 167/632 with an extra tier of damage dropoff. Adjust accuracy stats accordingly, and the EM1 becomes an NC-flavored CARV. That said, I suspect we'll simply see something like that in a new round of LMGs, with TR getting some 125-damage thing and the VS getting something irrelevant because they'll just keep using the Orion.

The only 143/652 LMG I find useful is the Rhino, since it has the stats & attachments to make it work around the DPS deficiency by making it a rough LMG equivalent of the T5 AMC. The others just have weird combinations of attachments & stats that really don't jive with what the weapon dishes out, like how the Bull can't decide if its CQC or midrange, or how the EM1 seems geared toward CQC where a weapon with its damage tier has no business being in.
    • Up x 4
  2. Boldosawr

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010618043180945/weapons

Legit 50% HSR with Orion. He's an exceptional player but of course range will play into HSR too as will movement, cover, etc. etc.

No one is actually assuming all players are going to have 100% HSR, but there are players who will land HS often enough to make a 167/600 gun better than a 143/750 in their hands.
  3. Iridar51

Amen. After using Cougar - which is not that stellar when compared to other 167 damage carbines - I don't want to ever go back to 143 damage with RoF lower than 845. <3 that GD-7F.
  4. SerasVic

For 20m distance

140 / 750 calc 163 / 600 calc

TTK on 1000 hp no headshots = 0.64 0.7

TTK on 1000 hp 1 headshot = 0.56 0.6

TTK on 1000 hp 2 headshots = 0.48 0.5

TTK on 1000 hp /w nanowave max = 0.72 0.8

TTK on 1000 hp /w nanowave max 1 headshot = 0.64 0.7

TTK on HA 1600 hp = 0.96 1

TTK on HA w nanowave max = 1.2 1.3

TTK on HA w nanowave 1 headshot = 1.04 1.1

TTK on HA w nanowave 2 headshot =0.96 1

damage decrease3,27272 3,6923

edit: If the game rounds up numbers, then those should be accurate and result in 143/750 outperforming 167/600 at 20m
    • Up x 2
  5. DorianOmega

Also looks like the true headshot multiplier is 2x and not 1.75x, finally got around to testing the damage in the VR, wiki needs an update.
  6. Bankrotas

I'm trying to finish Fortuna auraxium and never go back to 167 dmg carbines again.... Different tastes :)
  7. Bankrotas

What you didn't know? From old datasheet as far as I remember, 2x is standart HS multiplier, 1,5x for pellets and slugs and 2,1x for sniper rifles.
  8. p10k56

I prefer 200dmg weapon when plying NC.
    ACX-11 best mid-long range carbine.
    Gauss Saw is one LMG felling like true MG cos when it hit something I almost feel pain of enemy:cool:

But when playing TR, I am now experimenting with 2shot burst mode on TMG and Cougar.
    Cos it seem work better then 3round burst.
  9. Iridar51

You're probably just sick of using all the same weapons again and again. But 167 damage carbines are objectively better for ranged combat, while not being terribly worse in CQC, like 200 / 500 weapons. I'd say 167 / 600 is the most balanced tier.
  10. Bankrotas

I disagree. I spend too much with Orion and Carv on my alts to consider 167 damage tier as competitive. Cyclone is an exception, but Cyclone is OP.
  11. Iridar51

I was talking about ranged combat, and weapons with RoF < 750. Both Orion and Carv, and Jaguar and TRAC 5 are competitive close range weapons, where RoF and DPS are more important than bullet damage and horizontal recoil magnitude.
  12. Bankrotas

In ranged combat the amount of vehicular support matters way more than what weapon you have on hand, unless it's a sniper rifle. Otherwise it doesn't matter. Your deaths don't matter in ranged combat either since you are immortal and you don't lose ground/positions, because your weapon plinks less and you lose that one duel.
    Anything beyond 75-100 meters is a range you need to shorten, because it's a start of vehicle playfield with infantry support in repairs and disruption of enemy infantry in order for your vehicles to gain an advantage over theirs due to lack of supply support. People pretending to use non-sniper rifle weapons at that range for "ranged combat" are like squires with wooden swords at knight tournament, sure, they can hurt and kill you, if you're stupid enough. And they're good enough attraction for enemy knigts to gut you, but using your smarts and brawn, you can negate them quite easily while laughing at their pathetic attemps to play war.

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood after encountering forum 30 minute edit rules and losing 45 minute worth of edit :/
  13. SerasVic

Ever tried TMG 50 or SABR 13 ? those kill "finger in the nose" till 100m.

Past that you better get a sniper rifle idd.
  14. LenaQuin

I dont agree that NC is "OP". But i have to agree there is a problem with the way weapons are distributed right now.
    NC should have the low RoF/High dmg weapons, but they have access to some very high RoF weapons like the GD-7F, GR-22 or Blitz.
    While those high RoF options are rather limited they are still there, the high damage options on the other factions are rather lacking. No 200dmg weapons, very limited 167 dmg options.
    In my opinion there are 2 ways to solve this:
    1. Change the high RoF NC weapons to a more faction like design. This way each faction would strictly stay in their "faction trait" borders.
    or
    2. Give TR/VS also some high damage options. Maybe a single 200dmg weapon for each faction. Less diversity between the factions but more options for a different playstyle like NC already has.
  15. SerasVic

NC is the only one to have 200 dmg

TR is the only one to have 900+ RPM

What the **** are you talking about?
    • Up x 1
  16. Goretzu

This (again) isn't true though, the TR has access to 167 weapon in pretty much the SAME ratio the NC has access to 143 weapons:

When you look at that above, if you start giving the TR more 167 weapons or indeed 200 weapons then you will HAVE to start giving the NC more 143 (and even 125) and 750 & 750+ RoF weapons.

And basically factional difference will be gone (for good or bad).
  17. Goretzu

The TTK difference is usually tiny, and even then not always in the low DPBs weapons favour, however as soon as you miss one bullet though things move significantly in the high RoF weapons way (and do even more so for non-headshots).

Which is why in general performance high RoF carries and advantage you can see in the stats (because few people have 100% headshot or even 100% bodyshot accuracy all the time - and by "few" I basically mean "none").
  18. libbmaster

Okay,

#1) the TR only has three guns with the 652/143 damage profile. (T5-AMC, T16 rhino, maybe the T32 bull) The VS has two (Polaris, CME). NS systems also has two (NS-11A, NS-11C). So even if this tier is truly as bad as you say, these sides are not crippled by it as the majority of their weapons have 700 ROF or above. (And I think we can agree 750-800 ROF 143 damage guns are nothing to whine about).

#2) What is with you people and the EM1? it's my favorite weapon. It's literally a lazer gun: virtually no drop, virtually no recoil, virtually no COF when aiming down sights, 100 round mag and a lighting fast reload for an LMG. It's my go too gun for when I have to battle through open ground: it just effortlessly drops people at 80meters+ under full auto.

Yeesh. I must be a freak or something.
  19. SerasVic

Because it's just straight up worse than the T16 Rhino, and even T16 is getting complaints about so you have an idea.
    (though i like the T16)