Game Update: Oct 30 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Flag

At which point you might as well use a Saron HRB instead.
    Same number of hits required, has better accuracy characteristics, velocity is double, does AV damage.

There really isn't much of a point to the P.II PPA.
    Saron all the way. And like I said once already, they didn't even have to buff the Saron for this to happen.

Both of them look like ground hits to me.
  2. lNeBl

The first shot doesn't even seem questionable to me, the second shot looks like it hits the bottom of the tankbut it is possible that its hitting the ground as well. The first shot though, def. looks like its hitting the center of the tank to me.

The last time I played PS2, before I gave up on it, a squad of heavy assaults dropped near my tank and even using the HE primary on my magrider, and nailing direct hits on the enemies, I didn't get a single hit marker. I then got shot at by rockets, drove away around a corner, hopped out to repair only to be launched 100 meters high and die. <3 PS2.
  3. Keldred

Yea i like my glowy disco balls of death muahahaa.
  4. Keldred

Yea i love the saron. Saving up the certs for when i need to pull an Anti-tank mag. However the PPA is still excellent for suppression. Which is the reason why i still use it. When ground targets push forward using cover i can force them out of cover with splash damage and finish them off with some well placed shots (plus i still have my Anti-Tank main gun). The saron is easier for infantry to dodge. Can't have the little mice scurrying away now can we...
  5. Flag

The saron is -not- easier to dodge. Quite the opposite.
    I think you should try it out some more.
  6. Atis

Could be such videos
    Could be same reasons you ignore other speed characteristics - like turning speed? Yes, its also part of mobility. And ofc strafing speed, since we need to keep cannon pointed at enemy, we cant rely at forward and reverse speed as much as prowler and vanni do.
    Basically, whatever magrider does in actual fight, it does it slowly. How exactly can mag utilise its super "mobility" if it maneuvers like in permanent slow-mo?

What every MBT can do, others cant? Prowler can kill faster, can bombard at max render range. Vanni can snipe at max render range and survive longer. Both can use turrets. Mag can climb some rock where it cant move due to lack of space and become perfect target. It can slowly dance around, slightly increasing evasion rate and do some inaccurate mortar shots. Thats just incomparable.
  7. Zotamedu

Yes, what is the strafing speed of the other tanks compared to the Magrider?
  8. Xasapis

Their maximum forward or backwards speed, I reckon.
  9. patrykK1028

You could aswell dropa a target with AP, which does it with 1 hit and has better velocity
  10. patrykK1028

Whats Magrider DPS compared to Prowler, and whats Magrider armor compared to Vanguard?
  11. Zotamedu

12. Zotamedu

That's kind of the point isn't it? Prowler has DPS, Vanguard has durability and Magrider has mobility. Where the Vanguard can sit and tank, the Magrider can dodge and evade incoming damage. The person I was quoting completely fails to understand that the ability to strafe is an advantage and that it makes the Magrider more mobile than the others.

So a Prowler has to outgun its opponent or it will lose because it cannot tank nor dodge effectively. Vanguard need to outlast its opponent because it can't out DPS or out manoeuvre its opponent. The magrider needs to out manoeuvre its opponent because it lacks the armour and DPS. Different play styles and different mechanics.
  13. patrykK1028

But before a moment you wanted Prowler and Vanguard to have strafe
  14. Xasapis

15. Zotamedu

No I never said that. I was trying to explain the fact that boost and strafe make the Magrider quite a bit more mobile than the other tanks. I thought this would be a very basic fact but apparently it was too difficult a concept for that specific user I quoted to grasp. According to him, only straight line speed is relevant. I guess he has missed that this game allows for movement in more than one dimension...
  16. Keldred

Ill have too if it works better in a AI role it will be go-to top gun.
  17. Flag

Which is what me and several others have been saying for days now...
  18. Atis

You fail to understand that "Prowler has DPS, Vanguard has durability and Magrider has mobility" is simply not true. Mag lacks more than just DPS or durability. It also lacks max speed, turning speed, turret, cannon elevation, muzzle velocity, forgiving projectile gravity and tactics-defining ES ability. Enormous trade-off for very mediocre mobility.

You simply cant outstrafe anything faster than Decimator at close range, while DPS or durability are useful in any situation.

Apparently, you can grasp "we have this and they have that" concept but "this is not equal that" is already too high detailing level for you.