Increase PPA bullet velocity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alox, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Alox

If the PPA has to keep this crazy bloom, at least increase the bullet velocity so the first shot becomes more useful than its current easy to dodge version.
    • Up x 1
  2. KesTro

What ranges are you trying to use it at?
  3. Schizomatic

I wasn't aware anyone was literally 'dodging' PPA orbs, as if the PPA was aimed at anyone in particular in the first place. It's more like some unfortunate fellow happened upon the PPA's impact point, realized after the first two shots hit that he was in a splash zone, and made the wise decision to relocate to somewhere else that wasn't being focused on by PPA.
  4. omni2

Bullet velocity might be ok, damage can be capped at any range that is comfortable for NC and TR.
  5. KesTro

I personally believe the new PPA will be even better for VS once they stop trying to snipe people with it and throw it on their mags. Very very very rarely do you see a Vangaurd with a canister and to a slightly lesser extent a prowler with a marauder. These weapons have basically been tuned to fit the harasser hit/run playstyle.
  6. Alox

Even at 50m there is a lot of leading the targets and needing multiple hits to kill makes the PPA quite inefficient. Before you could keep the fire button down and suppress an area, but the usage has changed quite dramatically with the last patch. I do not mind that change happens, but in its new configuration the slow bullet velocity does not mesh well with the controlled firing.

After testing it out yesterday we found that PPA could still be used for spawn room camping (at close range), but it is basically useless for anything else.

So my suggestion is to increase bullet velocity so it can be used to fight infantry out in the open with controlled firing of the weapon.
  7. Morti

[IMG]

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a PPA ball
    • Up x 4
  8. Alox

I guess that is a solution as well... since AI secondariness are not used on Vanguard and Prowler, make it so on Magrider as well. :)
  9. Xasapis

Numbers disprove this myth. Well, partially at least. Prowler does not need secondaries to be the best AI platform in the game. And yet, the Marauder is the best performing AI secondary after the nerf on both the MBT and the Harasser.

The numbers of users on the Harassers are roughly the same now. The number of users on the MBT is still three times higher for the Magrider, but it's steadily going down. Since the main cannon of the Magrider is worse than the Vanguard and the PPA is much much worse than the Canister, I expect those numbers to stabilise lower than the Vanguard ones. Prowler Marauder numbers are somewhat irrelevant, because the Prowler itself does not need the Marauder to be an effective AI platform.
  10. Alox

The magrider is an AI platform, not an AV platform. Climbing weird places enables better access to infantry (you are not going to find enemy MBTs those places), also the magrider is noticeably weaker against other MBTs further reinforcing its AI role. So a nerf to its AI capabilities is quite significant for its usage. :)
  11. SerasVic

PPA is just a grenade launcher. Well a mix of HMG and grenade launcher (like the baby of a Maraudeur and a Kobalt)

Be glad that your Vanu faction trait, that many of you are complaining about, gives you no drop on this.

Marauder:

171 RPM
    Muzzle Velocity:
    175m/s
    Effective Range:
    Medium
    Fire Modes:
    Automatic
    Damage
    Max Damage:
    Min Damage:
    Max Indirect Damage:
    334 before 1m
    Min Indirect Damage:
    1 after 4m
    Reload Speed
    Short Reload:
    3s
    Long Reload:
    3s
    Ammunition
    Magazine Size:
    Ammunition Pool:

PPA :

Fire Rate:
    300 RPM
    Muzzle Velocity:
    150m/s
    Effective Range:
    Medium
    Fire Modes:
    Automatic
    Damage
    Max Damage:
    200 before 25m
    Min Damage:
    50 after 75m
    Max Indirect Damage:
    200 before 0.1m
    Min Indirect Damage:
    1.5 after 4m
    Reload Speed
    Short Reload:
    4s
    Long Reload:
    4s
    Ammunition
    Magazine Size:
    Ammunition Pool:
  12. Alox

No bullet drop is pretty useless when the bullet is going another direction than where you are pointing it (bloom).
    • Up x 2
  13. Xasapis

I disagree. The Magrider is a tank destroyer and for the first time in the game's history reached the first place in vehicle kills compared to the other two empires quite recently. If you want to look at an undisputed AI platform, I would point you to the Prowler. Even during the reign days of the PPA, the Prowler was still the king of ground AI vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  14. CNR4806

No drop is only useful on accurate, long range weapons, and to no one's surprise, almost all Vanu weapons that fit the criteria have drop.
    • Up x 5
  15. SerasVic

Only if you don't know what burst firing is.
  16. Alox

Vehicle kills is not the same as tank destroyer. And according to http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthly-vehicle-deaths/ most MBTs dies to prowlers and vanguards, although vanguards and magriders seems to be on par. The statistics are similar for other vehicles: not showing a magrider dominance.
  17. Alox

Yeah if just the single shots (or small bursts) were actually effective. The bullets are slow.... and not that high damage.
  18. Xasapis

This is what we were told by developers on live events. Oracle is a nice site, is leagues better than nothing, but it doesn't have the full picture like the developers do.
  19. SerasVic

do you shoot fury at 75m?

same goes for PPA now.

It got redesigned for close range, forget the mounted sniper
  20. Alox

First you say burst fire, now you say sniping... its two completely different topics. No one is talking about making the PPA a sniping weapon. However, it would be nice if it was a viable burst weapon.