[Vehicle] Wraith Flash Loadout?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Linus, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Linus

Hey guys, after all those improvements done for the Flash, I wanted to ask for your expert advices so to invest into an effective wraith flash (Vanu), for an anti-infantry role.
    Also, what could be the best loadout for an infiltrator who is using this vehicle?
    Finally, any tactical advices?

Thank you in advance :eek:
  2. Rift23

Get a renegade and learn why infiltrators had their shotguns taken away.
  3. DFDelta

Renegade, Nano Repair, Wraith, whatever Chasis you like (I prefer increased handling because of the weapons limited angle)

Fury instead of renegade if you have more certs to spare and a buddy who also does. With 2 certed fury flashes you even become a threat to incompetent tankers (of which there are a lot)

For Infiltrator I use stalker cloak and a commie. That way I can either keep farming or safely redeploy out if my ride gets destroyed.
  4. Ripshaft

It comes down to mostly player ability over any selection choices, but scrapper and nano repair are the safest bet. All the weapons have their charms, except for the basi which I'm still trying to get a proper read on. For tactics, you'll need to learn the typical mine-planting behaviour of players, and get good at spotting them, aside from that everything else will come with time.
  5. Aircool

Shotgun for infantry or the grenade launcher in case of vehicles - you can take out an undefended sundy and kill lightnings with a bit of practice.

I always have the hill climber chassis, it grips well and allows you to escape to places that no-one would expect you to go. It's therefore very easy to lose pursuers whilst cloaked. It also allows you access to many places that a normal flash couldn't go. All in all, I found it far more useful that I would have imagined.

Don't forget to carry anti personnel mines as there's a great trick you can pull off with a cloaked flash. Map the seat 1 and seat 2 keys to something you can easily reach. Swapping to seat 2 will instantly uncloak you and you'll have whatever weapon you selected when you mounted the flash. Dropping mines or even just switching to the seat to shoot people can give them quite a surprise.

Make sure you get a straight run up for mowing down infantry, or practice doughnuts for clusters. Always have an escape route in mind so you can regen health via your implant and repair the flash with the auto repair.

If you're worried about AT mines, take the EOD implant, but often, you'll be travelling so fast that you can't really do much about them. However, the flash is quite small and it's easy to dodge mines if you've seen them.

If you're going for a suicide run (in which you expect to die, especially attacking those spawning at a sundy under the grav pads by a bio-lab, get a couple of pals to cover your flash in C4. You'll take out the sundy and everyone nearby without even having to uncloak.
  6. Linus

Thank you for your replies guys.
    On your advices, I have tested the following loadout in the VR, it seems to be very good:

Renagade (I will try the Fury when I will be more experienced)
    Nano repair
    Wraith (of course)
    Scrapper Combat Chassis (easier for a flash beginner)
    Stalker cloak + Commissioner
    Implant Regeneration III
    2x AP mines
    Frag Grenade

Should I use Flak armor or Nanoweave armor?
  7. K4is0r

That depends. Do you mainly play with your flash while enemy tanks are there or do you mainly play with your flash while enemy infantry is the main threat? I would switch flak armor and nanoweave if I were you, depending on the situation you are just in.
  8. K2k4

My go to load out is surger chassis 3, fury with max extended mags and thermal, composite plating, flak armor, armistice SMG, claymores, enhanced targeting implant, and oops I forgot wraith cloak maxed.
  9. Moonheart

Wraith AI loadout:
    - Renegade (AI weapon)
    - Nano repair
    - Wraith
    - Scrapper Combat Chassis (you'll have to turn a lot more while hunting infantry)
    - Regeneration III (you will recieve lots of small wounds)
    - Nanoweave armor (small arms protection

Wraith AV loadout:
    - Fury (AV weapon)
    - Extra armor for Wraith (don't remember the name)
    - Wraith
    - Racer chassis (outspeed other vehicle is handy)
    - Advanced targeting (seeing the health bar from your target is a must have when fightning vehicle)
    - Flak armor (explosions from tank shells will often kill you before they finish your Wraith)
  10. Tommyp2006

I personally run wraith, nanite auto repair, so your flash can repair while your an infil, scrapper, and fury. Fury allows me to take out burning vehicle, flashes in 3 or 4 hits, and harassers, as well as infantry pretty quickly.
  11. Linus

Thank you guys, I got all the informations I needed. ;)
    I will stay on a pure AI loadout.
    If the other vehicles can kill the wraith flash as often as I do with my Magrider, it might be wiser to stay far from those ones.
  12. Moonheart

Survival of an AV Wraith is very low for sure... however, that is where the most of the fun is.
    There is like a "YAAAAYYYY!" effect when you blow an MBT that you don't get when killing simple foot soldiers.
  13. Moonheart

Also, what I make me a fan of AV Wraiths is that is, IMHO, the most teamplay-oriented choice possible using cloaking technology.

An AV Wraith is a nice help to every other vehicles:

- Tanks: you can flank every target they engage and shred them into pieces before they understand that the tank was not alone, you can also hunt down the smoking enemy tanks that retreat behing their allies lines, and think they can stop here to repair... (that's amazingly easy to break into an enemy tank line once with a Wraith... when they were not mentaly prepared for it)

- Sunderers: You can scout ahead of any traveling sunderer to warn it of any incoming threat, then divert the threat to give the sunderer an opportunity to act first. You can also guard a deployed sunderer by turning in large circles around it and mark anything getting close... (better not do it where you can be too easily seen, however, or you will give the position of your ally)

- Harassers: They are hard to help, but you are the only vehicle that can follow them at full speed, so something, drive just behind them to add more damage into their raids is nice

- Other AV wraiths: Probably the best part. They are rare, they are squishy too, but a good AV wraith driver that know how to synchronize with you can turn you two into a plague for any lone driver. There is nothing than two well-synchronized AV wraiths can't take down, including MBT... mostly because most drivers, including some very experienced ones, never fight a couple of wraiths at once often enough to know how to deal with them efficiently.

Playing alone with an AV Wraith is a waste, imho.
  14. Linus

Understood, thank you for your advices
    I will probably try the AV wraith in some weeks, to see if it is more enjoyable.