[Suggestion] T7 Mini - Chain Gun needs some lovin... please :(

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Jadin, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Takoita

+1 to the 'add the drat stock in there' suggestion. Shoulder-mounted like a rocket launcher would be cool too. Just... less awkward kitchen dough mixer, please.
  2. Matt879

I'm speaking from experience, not assumptions. That's about the range that I still find it to be effective at.
  3. LenaQuin

Even at ~30-50m probably half of the bullets will miss because the CoF is already twice as big as the opponent (except MAXes).
    Still enough to drop someone but i dont think anyone would call this weapon really "effective" at 100m range. Of course it can hit targets that are far away too, but without any option to burstfire/reset the CoF it is just a big gamble.
  4. Makora

Aaaaand this thread again.

I can agree with the OP in both cases (with the TMG also). But here is how I see the current issue. The devs are at the opinion that the old version will not work simply because that version would not work well with the terrain, namely cover. As it is slung low it will be blocked by low cover if the bullets originate from the barrel.
    Now that is a valid argument in and of itself, but the counter-argument is that we know there is a functional work-around. Namely having the visual projectile (the bullet you can see) being the separate from the actual damage projectile (these you might not see). This is most common in vehicle weaponry, especially on off-set tank cannons, where the visual projectile curves into the path of the damage projectile after leaving the barrel. Meaning even if your barrel is visually blocked, if you can see the target, you can hit it.
    The problem with that is you will be dieing to people you can't see shooting. The gun is behind cover, as it is too low, but they can still kill you as the point where the projectiles actually originate is the camera/neck. So the current design is based on that argument. It's the closest version to the underslung they could come up with, that used standard hold animations and rigging.

But I propose a third option. Something that is visually somewhere in between the underslung and current model in the positioning of the barrel. Rather then having the weapon slung like in the pictures posted by OP, what if the weapon is more like, cradled under the arm. For reference I bring the "Reaper RPB" from the game Defiance.

As you'll see, the weapon is held under the arm in a fashion that makes it look like a heavy weapon, but the barrel is at chest height, not much lower then weapons in the game. So the compromise here is that the gun will be underslung, but not the whole way. In fact to further promote the "heavy weapon" idea about this gun, I would like to see an actual "rig" around the torso or shoulder of the soldier to support the weapon. And that also creates less of an issue if the actual "damage projectile" originates higher then the visual projectile because the distance difference is, in my opinion, rather insignificant.

Functionally, I think the T7 needs only one buff, and that is the increase in magazine size. Honestly a buff up to 200 rounds would really put forth the concept that this weapon is meant for sustained fire. A true wall of lead.

As for the TMG-50. A belt fed LMG is what would really be nice. Now I know what some of you might be thinking. Cool, but what about when the ammo is running out? The belt is exposed so at 0 with visually bullets present on the belt just seems wrong. To that I will say if damn near every game out there can get away with it, why is PS2 any different? Simply have the belt present when the ammo is still there, and when you get to 0 the belt vanishes, leaving an empty box. Every other belt-fed weapon (Fury, Marauder) doesn't even bother with doing that. You could be totally out of ammo, but there's a belt going from the box to the gun.
    Reload animations could simply be for the short, you open the top-hatch, pull the box away (taking the rest of the belt with it). Attach a new box, flip the belt in and close the hatch. For the long you at first pull the charging handle back and front (practically all LMGs in current service fire from an "open bolt", google it), then open the hatch, replace the box, close the hatch.
  5. DrBash00

1. I think the model is ok
    2. Yes the chaingun needs a "buff" at its current state it would need a standart magazine size of 200 to be funny, because with the high speed upgrate you are only reloading and have a close combat weapon where you need to pull the trigger before entering the fight, with extreme reload time. Or you have the 200 bullet high fire rite, wich hits pretty much nothing.....

And i yes it is good in situations like "server smash" or where 90+ outfits are operating together, and then they do a crash, thorugh a door and you dont get shot... and and and....

short: it is good, in such specal situations you experience probably once a year.

So give it some love, or bring out some new specal weapons that are actually funny and special.

Btw. why does the lynx fires faster as the chaingun ??? oO