Lets End the Nerf Culture.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Villanuk, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rift23

Lacking the attention span to learn how to counter something in the first place, the nerf babies probably got bored and left to go **** on the next BF/CoD game that comes out.
    • Up x 1
  2. Shuguard

Let's end nerf culture by either redesigning the ranger or buffing it a tiny bit.
    I'd say split the sundy/ mbt/ and harasser variants and increase the damage on harasser and mbt variants. There's no point in a deterrence weapon when the walker straight up kills esfs and the skyguard is a way better weapon.
  3. MasterFancyPants

People calling for nerfs need to realize that sooner or later: SOE will nerf something that you like, then you will revel in your own foolishness.
    • Up x 3
  4. PWGuy93

I call it balancing the game towards tactics and skill.

I don't miss the lolpodders in their ESFs or the can't be damaged Liberators or the harassers that wouldn't die or the Magrider sitting on the side of a hill at insane range shooting PPAs or the Engineer AV Mana turret that could hit at 600 meters beyond render range or the...
  5. Vaphell

you are assuming that people calling for nerf do this out of selfishness. What if they see the danger of the game gravitating towards a few near unstoppable toys which would force people to join the full-on farm or be left behind as food for the heroes, not to mention damaging the depth and the variety of the gameplay.

How long your average player is able to withstand mentally smashing his head against the wall of 30 zoe maxes or strikers wiping out all air in the whole hex giving TR air superiority for free or 30 swagriders on every rock, hill and mountain spamming easy mode PewPewA in every. single. base. on. every. single.day.?
    Players are not NPCs for the cheese heroes to farm. Once you start paying me for my time i'll consider being a star in your effortless killstreak youtube clip.
    • Up x 3
  6. patrykK1028

NC and TR about PPA nerf: " Yes, we need balance in this game!"
    NC and TR about Ravens and Banshee nerf: "Lets end the nerf culture!"
    • Up x 4
  7. Frostiken

I think it's funny how now that the VS is left with not one single weapon that is outstanding in its field, it's time to "end the calls for nerfs".

Meanwhile:

Ravens
    Banshee
    Pounders
    Prowlers
    Claymores
    Marauder
    NC AI MAX weapons

"Hey guys, we should stop nerfing things now."

How about you guys go make threads asking to buff the Lasher, ZOE, Phaseshift, Magrider, Spiker, Vortex, and Comet, and then we'll believe for even one second that any of you actually give a **** about a fair, balanced game.
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

i dont understand what problem with Ravens?
  9. Frostiken

In case you didn't know, the Raven is supposed to be an AV weapon. Currently, like the Pounder, it's used to freely farm infantry. A long-ranged pixel-perfect SACLOS missile with significant splash damage and high direct damage with a rapid ROF and irritating sound? It's literally an NC MAX PPA, except at least the PPA was designed to kill infantry.

On top of that, it's overwhelmingly the most effective AV MAX weapon when used against vehicles too.
  10. Hoki

So have you tried rolling with fire suppression yet? ;)
  11. Goldmonk

Beamer
    Manticore
    Cerberus
    Sirius
    Deimos
    Phobos
    Thanatos
    Pulsar
    Serpent
    CME
    Equinox
    Flare
    Orion
    Ursa
    SVA
    Ghost
    Parallax
    V10
    XM98
    Only to list a few exceptional choices in the VS arsenal.
  12. Frostiken

lol Goldmonk, you are so transparent. Do you have a single factual bit of information to back anything on that list up?
    • Up x 1
  13. Goldmonk

Yet you do not provide an argument on the others. Hm.
  14. Sossen

Do you think that was random? Are you sure?

The different factions play very differently, especially when it comes to tanks. If you mean that you compared the AV MANA turrets, I can make up a dozen different reasons (that may or may not be the actual reason) that would explain the difference in performance. If the stats show that Vanu AV MANA turrets are underperforming, it could be due to the NC and TR overusing them in order to kill magriders, that are notoriously hard to hit with dumbfire weapons and easier to hit with guided weapons. Maybe this could be rectified by increasing the resistance that Magriders have vs MANA AV turrets, maybe it isn't actually a problem that needs to be rectified but rather mechanics working as intended.

What you are essentially saying is that there is a possibility that one faction's players are better than the other faction's players. LRN2PLAY noobs, or something like that. Well, even then something needs to be fixed. What if good players only played on T side in counterstrike, kicking the noob CT teams over and over? Maybe there is a weapon imbalance that causes the good players to flock to Vanu? Maybe Vanu is a more attractive team to too many players?

In the case of PPA, it did outperform equivalent weapons in the statistics as well as make you very annoyed while playing against it - another problem, although separate. Since it was so widely used, it is very, very unlikely that the statistics depended on randomness, especially over such a great period of time. So then, what was the reason for its success? And, more importantly, how could the developers make it perform equally?
  15. BULLET010

I agree with you...somewhat. By now the devs have been nerfing over the course of 2 years. And if people are still whining about nerfs it's probably because they...are well...bad. And I'm not talking bad as in good...I'm talking bad as in terrible.
    On the topic of VS causing forumside nerf toxicity...I think not. I mean honestly, let's talk about the striker buff. I know the /cry command isn't supported in game...but damn...apparently it's supported in forumside. Because when the TR whined about it being OP, it got nerfed back up...and quick too. Probably in less then two weeks. I guess I can't say the same for the ZOE though. When it sucked (insert here) it just stayed that way. And the PPA, NC and TR whined about that ish for months and the devs have recently started to neuder it. But the NC scat max is still insta kill at close range...no contest there. Nope. The only thing VS has ever gotten is grief, grief, and more grief. I suppose the NC and TR will call for nerfs on the Orion next and get that too.
  16. Rovertoo

It's kind of ridiculous to think about buffing all other guns aside from Orion. A small tweak is all it needs to be put in line, why would they throw balance into the air, buff every other gun, and hope it sticks?
    • Up x 1
  17. patrykK1028

IQ isnt high with this one.
    Deimos, Phobos, Thanatos - equivalent for all factions.
    Ghost, Parallax, V10, XM98 - also equivalent
    Serpent - equivalent to GD7F, TR has even better option
    Equinox, CME- garbage
    Pulsar - outclassed by Cycler
    Manticore, Cerberus, BEAMER - THE WORST PISTOLS IN THE GAME
    Ursa, Flare - worse NC guns
    SVA, Orion - good, but overrated
    Sirius - almost equivalent to Blitz, Hailstorm is similiar
    Is it troll post? If you are serious, I thonk you should try some psychologist.
  18. Goldmonk

VS have good weapons
    NC have good weapons
    TR have good weapons

On the flip side
    VS have crap weapons
    NC have crap weapons
    TR have crap weapons

Get over it, stop crying, stop calling for buffs, stop calling for nerfs. And for the love of all that is holy: I do not have autism, I'm not ********, I am not mentally handicapped, I do not need help from a psychologist, be mature. Stop the **** personal attacks...typical VS.
    • Up x 2
  19. patrykK1028

I havent seen your post when PPA nerf was announced. You are crying because of Banshee nerf incoming, right?
    • Up x 1
  20. Rovertoo

Today I (NC) saw a huge line of Raven MAXes bombarding a base. A base filled with nothing but infantry. I fully support a change to Ravens to make them less effective against Infantry. However, at the same time, Infantry damage for other MAX AV should be reduced as well. Adaptability should be traded for power, and in that respect powerful weapons should be less adaptable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.