Kill the pointless faction specific AP mine.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arsonix, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Arsonix

It is a pretty valid point he brings up. You either have to waste an explosive first or go around. EOD Hud helps the process but still doesn't solve the problem.

Good for you? Other than that I'm just going to redirect you to page 7, second post from the top.
  2. LenaQuin

Actually you missed my point. It doesnt matter if they look "exactly the same" or not.

By only looking at the KPU graph you could say that one of those weapons is slightly worse than the others if you dont know that they are actually common pool.
    So weapons that are exactly the same produce different KPU even if you just consider the experienced players. It is impossible to tell from KPU alone if something is OP or not.
  3. FrozenCustard

1) your comparing a chaingun to a shotgun and a AOE LMG
    2) your comparing a scout rifle to BASR
    3) true the prowler has more DPS but it doesn't have the armor of the Vanguard or the mobility of the Magrider, so they must also die more easily which isn't calculated in the KPU stat
    3) the only advantage is the versatility to hit infantry at close range and slightly better dps, but at a huge cost of not being able to hit anything past 50ish meters thanks to slow travel speed and high drop
    4) already being nerfed
  4. LT_Latency

I have never had problems with them, But i heard they were buffed in the last few weeks. So i don't know how hard they are to avoid now as i have not been on VS or NC for a month. But no one every asked for a buff that i know of. Personally i think mines are pointless and you should take the self heal item over them. 4 self heals is WAY better then 2 crappy mines the might get some kills...maybe

The only reason I use mines is to farm directives for explosives.

Claymores have always been better trap mines. But usually that means you blow up if you too lazy to look for them then a medic gets you up 4 seconds later because no one is around.

While the other mines where better LOL, Suicided blow 5 people up with my infiltrator

I would rather have the bomber mines to farm multi kills, The trap mines don't do much, they will just get reived
  5. Lection

then how about we make them different colored cubes based on a NS specific design?(I'm serious)
  6. Arsonix

You showed a relationship that looked nothing like the relationship I am referring to where it was a fluke for a few days among a common pool weapon that corrected itself eventually. Claymores have not corrected themselves in months. Why? Because they are better in most situations. Frag grenades aren't better between each other at all according to... well anyone really.

Please don't tell me you think I have only been saying this.
    "CMs do better than BBs and PMs for no reason but do it all the time, please change".

I was responding to Goldmonk saying TR had just one redeemable weapon in their arsenal. Some of those weapons can't be compared to anything but the weapons they were brought into the game with. It was to prove TR get love from SOE all the time.
  7. Kentucky Windage

It is very good for me. I already know how to use my mines, perhaps you should go to the VR and train with yours.;)
  8. Arsonix

Train with mines in VR? Thanks m8 that made my day
  9. Kentucky Windage

It's obvious you need help in some form or another. I thought I'd offer some advice. Not being able to use your own gear and blame it on another factions gear. That made my day. Have a nice one.
  10. Pelojian

1) if i want to use claymores i'll play TR, if i want to use prox mines i'll play my NC/VS toons, i do not want to see more watering down of unique and very useful and fun weapons so they are not unique.

2) lower usage of claymores but equal kills to more used rival mines points to a higher skill ceiling for claymores and a lower skill floor for rival mines

3) Something being more effective in some manner DOES NOT MAKE IT TOO POWERFUL.

I'll put it this way a 1 handed sword can be used with a shield and is faster at moving then up against a 2 handed claymore while the the one handed sword has the disadvantage of lesser reach of the two it has the advantage of speed and defense with a shield.

Both of these exampled swords were used and equally powerful in their own manner who died came down to skill or support.

4) nice eh throw an attempted insult because i have a valid complaint that the developers try to shape almost all TR weapons with more mag size and less damage when in some roles more damage and "no extra ammo on this TR weapon" is far more useful.

5) lets see NC and VS mines are lagging behind and instead of you asking for them to be improved with cited failings(i.e timer delay and people escaping lethal blast radius) you are asking for the effective mine to be given to you as an NS weapon(you insult me with a NS remark and you want an ES weapon made Nanite Systems, how very ironic)
  11. Hatesphere

your advice was idiotic and sarcastic since it is useless to train with mines in VR...
  12. Arsonix

You were so close. Just one more apostrophe on factions and you would have sounded like an intelligent troll. Would you like to try again? If not you can always go back to your double TR accounts I guess. They got pretty cool AP mines don't they? Is that why you stick with them?
  13. Arsonix

lol you said toons. I suggested a different change to keep the mines unique by giving them to different classes instead of different factions. Also if that is true where are your posts demanding there be more uniqueness to VS and NC mines?

Point towards enemy is hard. I know. I liked LT_Latency's view better.

You're just moving the goalposts now that I have got you to admit you think the Claymore is more powerful. So now it is better but it isn't too good according to your lofty standards. I'll leave this value judgment for others to decide because trying to get you to admit it is overpowered will never happen no matter how much proof I throw at you.

I can't believe you're talking about drop and forget explosives that kill people on their own like they are reaction time based combat implements. You're in your own world.

First of all you don't know what an insult is. You said "a faction trait does not nor should ever mean it gets applied across the board on everything." when referring to TR guns, to which I pointed out that your arsenal is augmented with common pool weapons that do not have your oh so terrible faction trait. How is that an insult? Just calm down.

Second I am asking for different classes of weapons to be made available to everyone and not just the chosen few. I could sit here and ask for a complete revamp to make the BB or PM more interesting but it is unnecessary and going to take resources away from other things.

Third you are obviously caught up on this whole "muh claymores" thing. You constantly refer to the change I'm proposing as asking to make the TR mine or that I am making the TR mine NS. I am giving TR omnidirectional mines too are have you forgotten?

You keep defending your precious special weapon. I don't care, you can keep it. You just have to be prepared to die to it too.
    • Up x 1
  14. Canno

Didn't read all the pages but just adding: Other mines were given lights because they lay flat and are MUCH harder to see, the claymore is vertical and much easier to see.

Each have a different utility and each are fine. I don't want the other factions mines for the simple reason that it destroys the difference between the factions which we need more of, not less.
  15. Kentucky Windage

Well well. I'm an idiot now. I'm hurt.:p It was supposed to be sarcastic Sherlock.
  16. Kentucky Windage

Tisk Tisk. Must have hit a nerve there. I used to play NC exclusively under my old account. I was CorpDriven until some techno freak decided to hack my account. I had an NC toon on Briggs and I was lethal with my BB's. I moved to TR to help them during the underpop. I never went back to NC after that so I have been around and know that you don't have a clue.

As a matter of fact I will use my current NC toon and just use BB's this weekend and see how many morons I can kill just as easily with the BB as I do with my Claymores. This isn't rocket science there Spock. Learn how to use your gear before producing charts and indexes showing number of kills. I'll post a new thread and give you some time to come up with some other LAME excuse.
  17. Arsonix

Can't take you seriously sorry. Like a fanboy pretending to be something he isn't, it's like a bad Halloween costume.
  18. Kentucky Windage

I'm nothing and will always be nothing. I can look at my accomplishments and failures in this game and speak honestly about what I can and can't do. And I wouldn't quit my day job if I were you. Your humor needs a little polishing.:p
  19. Kentucky Windage

Also, just by taking a cursory glance at your weapons, I see that you have only deployed a total of 75 mines over the entire 44 days you have been playing on this character. You have a grand total of 20 KILLS. You haven't even made an attempt to become proficient. That is if your "toon":p is on Connery and you are part of the Higby Hate Crew.

20 kills in 44 DAYS!!! Really? And you have the balls to start a thread and talk about the Claymore being OP and that the other factions should get it because yours sucks. You're funny. In 44 days you have laid 75 mines. That's just freakin hillarious. And to think you called me a pretender.
  20. Kentucky Windage

My deployment numbers are incorrect. It's not how many mines you've laid it's how many times they have been detonated with the corresponding hit count indicator and the number of kills. You had a grand tally of 75 mines, in 44 days of play, detonate. Your hit count was 42 I think and your kills are at 20. That's quite an accomplishment in 44 days of play.

You lack the knowledge to use them effectively and the honesty to admit you rarely use them at all. That in itself speaks volumes to me about the integrity of your thread. Enough said. I bid you adieu.