Today's patch experience.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Draylynn, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Draylynn

Patch gets installed, shortly after, all hell breaks loose.

1) 10mins gameplay, absolutely fine no hitching, no hit box screw ups, no nothing and then...
    2) Complete breakdown of communication between client and server beginning with; floating tanks and inability to control character, to kicked to a loading screen endlessly looping 1~100%. WinMTR's/MTR's etc showed nothing wrong. Game reported 30,000+ms prior to it's binary meltdown.
    But at least I can say I flew a Magrider, if only for a few mins and uncontrollably.
    3) Unable to login at all, no stats, even though the character screen lists my character+BR, no subscription, no SC, no outfit, no teleport on map, no switching continents, frozen vehicle/infantry map icons.
    4) Validation of the client forced a 10.6GB re-download - thank god my connection is speedy (5~10min download) - at which point I immediately jump to the conclusion "amg the patch broke the game?" and "well at least it's fixed now, this is gonna be aweeeesome!".
    5) Yay, can log back in... kinda. Still no teleports, -sigh- restart the client x 3, check the forums to see if there's a known issue, can't see anything, get angry, throw my third monitor out the window. Still unable to login, I killed the useroptions.ini, finally I'm in.
    6) Players freezing mid-air, on ground and luckily, it's not my side of things - panic over, easy kills I guess, but my bullets appear to be made out of foam.
    7) Failure to land hits at point blank range, square in the face, returned with a 1 bullet head-shot - dead. Rinse and repeat this to similar circumstances. Some characters are firing 'sideways', landing 'perfect' shots on me, without facing me (but I also suspect there's some aimbot's around for once).
    8) Invisible aircraft - until they get within a very uncomfortable distance (Render Distance = max).
    9) Invisible vehicle/aircraft spawning panels.
    10) Spawning under terrain when exiting a Sunderer.
    11) Spawning under terrain when using a base teleport.
    12) Players magically rendering meters in front of me, behind me.
    13) Being revived as a light assault when I didn't die as a light assault.
    14) Random failure to revive at all after clicking accept right away.
    15) Random crashes causing system freeze, no outofmemory.txt generated this time.
    16) Inability to recover ammo to the fullest extend of the magazine, often causing a refill to only top up 50% or less of my maximum capacity, more trips to the weapons panel.
    17) VOIP death, no VOIP for some time, eventually it came back.
    18) Squad deploying; to a completely unrelated map.
    19) Phantom portal of randomness is still lurking on the map, having fallen for it's tricks a number of times now, you'd think I'd learn. >_<
    I'm half-expecting it's some kind of joke behind it and one of these days when I click on it to discover it's secrets, it takes me to a magical land full of rainbows and golden meadows, a rabbit plops out and gives me an explosive sheep to use on my adventures...
    20) Reinstalled the game on a different drive, just to make sure something wasn't foul with my SD's, even tried my hubbys pc, no change. Change the drivers... no change.

I'm not a happy bunneh. What on earth do I do now? It's unplayable and damaging my stats.
  2. Ripster

What on earth do you do now? Stop playing.
  3. C+++

Yep, stop paying this PrePre-Alpha Game
  4. Draylynn

Guess I'm done then. Thanks Planetside 2.
    *removes credit card, cancels subscription and un-installs the game*

So long, and thanks for all the certs.
  5. slawo

fu@$ you! this is fu@#$ unbelivble game work like sh!@# freezing, crash every fu#@$ time!! i dont know who work there but are totaly losers, battlefield 4 work sh@#$ too but they fix game after 4 mount and work perfect now,
  6. CommanderBully

The game always crashes to me, nearly once per 20 minutes. Actually get freeze - it's familiar, it was always getting frozen, especially when i got hits so I only could see I'm dead after a few secs... but now it doesn't show me anything no matter how much I'm waiting for it (not responding, says the windows 7..). When I restarted the game, I realized, that all my kills from my recent game has expired, need the same amount of kills to achive the next medal on a specific weapon I used to play with... Fortunately my certs hasn't expired...

In fact after a patch / update / maintenance it's just getting worse! After the Halloween patch i couldn't play just on the lowest graphic settings, before it, it was set to medium... I don't know what's changing exactly in the program at an update but I can surly tell that didn't help much.

Finally, SOE made a great game with great ideas, please let us enjoy it and fix theese prbolems.
  7. Xipoid1

Invisible TR Proximity Mines until you are very close (few meters) then you can spot them when you use a scope. Not visible with the nacket eye.
  8. C+++

SONY QUALITY AND
    DEVELOPERS DO NOT REPLY TO VARY

Firma con problemas:
    Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
    Nombre de la aplicación: PlanetSide2_x64.exe
    Versión de la aplicación: 0.0.0.0
    Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 5453bff1
    Nombre del módulo con errores: PlanetSide2_x64.exe
    Versión del módulo con errores: 0.0.0.0
    Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 5453bff1
    Código de excepción: c0000005