It's getting harder to love this game with each passing day

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InoxGecko, Oct 31, 2014.

1. NanoBitSplit

What is wrong with you.

Speak with your wallet, not your fingertips. People like you are why SOE continues to fudge everything up, because these customers have been warped into some horrible Stockholm syndrome where they'll keep paying no matter how big a dump Papa Smedley takes in their mouth.
    • Up x 3
  2. Maljas23

Maybe he just enjoys the game and wants to give money to SOE for their hard work? What is wrong with supporting a company and game that you like?

Nothing.
  3. NanoBitSplit

You don't see a problem when that 'hard work' becomes 'occasional work' and near every single patch leads to gamebreaking bugs of one kind or another? You don't see a problem when many, many people have been doing just that- subscribing through thick and thin- since the start, and yet just as many would say that the game's been on a downward tilt?

Italics.
    • Up x 2
  4. Maljas23

Bugs suck, but they are a key part of MMOs today. You'll just have to get over that. They will get fixed. Basically, deal with it.

Also, those are some pretty bold accusations you are spouting. Believe or not, people will pay for a game they believe has potential, even if isn't performing up to their own par. Personally speaking, I believe this game is fantastic the way it currently is. Do I think there could and should be some major improvements to just about every system? Sure, but that doesn't stop me from buying Station Cash and supporting SOE.

They have created a game that pretty much no one else would even dare attempt in the industry. Why would I NOT support said game, if I really enjoy it?
  5. CWorth

LMAO....this tired old comment

Same thing has been said to peopel for two years and guess what...NOTHING has changed. The devs have done nothing to make this game better..they have only made it worse since release.
    So anyone leaving is only going to come back to the same crap that caused them to leave to begin with as nothing will change going by SOE's track record so far. If anything they will come back to a game in worse shape than they left it in.

As for me I stopped playing months ago and only hang around to see if anything gets better and as I expect it does not.
    • Up x 2
  6. t31os

lol ....

That all you got?

Damn, i needed some laughs, can you troll future threads i post in? (laughter is healthy).. :)
  7. SerialNumber1221

I'm in SW dev too. And extremely complex software that is used to build anything from cars to computer chips to planes and anything else in between.

I too feel that this game, should be totally epic if delivered properly using a methodology that caters for quality over quantity.

In my business "rework" is the dirtiest word I know. In this games case "rework" is the norm.

As for taking a break as someone said before, I hardly play these days specifically due to these quality issues, which are really never ending.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bindlestiff

And you can still log in with a VS, log out, and log back in with TR and NC and still have VS filters on the marketplace.

Broken ;)
  9. Octiceps

Great solution you propose! I come back to game after 3 months and it is worse than when I left. Hell, it is worse than when I started playing 1.5 years ago...
  10. Keldrath

Yeah I never saw anything like that.

Not saying it wasn't there, probably was, I just never happened to be in an are it occurs.
  11. Spoof

Cancelled mine this morning after 2 years supporting the game.

I still love it. Will still play it. And if they get their **** together I'll still pay for it.
  12. KnightCole

1st year......after that it went down hill, and incredibly fast at that....
  13. t31os

Is it bad enough that you don't want to play? You can always stop playing.

No amount of anger and frustration is going to magically make the developers get their job done any faster of better. So that leaves you two options, suck it up and manage the frustration(by playing other games, taking as many breaks as feels appropriate or whatever) or just give it up and call it a day. I guess option 3 might be to sit around the forum and jump in every thread berating SOE and chucking your own vitriol into the mix.

Let's all jump on the SOE flame train! woohoo! :confused: because that is bound to achieve something. :confused:
  14. KnightCole

This game is only 8000 some MB to download, it was like 10K+, where did the other 2K go? Or is that why were seeing these invisible spawn rooms and stuff? The Files for them were accidently deleted?