Aimbots Rampant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Targanwolf, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CriticalThinker

Yep. I can accept it if an LA kills me with a few lucky shotgun blasts while flying close by... but the number of LAs using the Trac5, SMGs, or even pistols to kill me while they're in flight just beggars all reasonable belief.

Been seeing it a lot lately, past couple of weeks. It's mostly TR, but that's because you don't see many VS LAs on Emerald.
  2. CriticalThinker

Being a scientist who understands the concept of parsimony, I'm going to go with the simplest theory that explains the most (ie, Trac5's killing snipers at 100+ meters, people moving through walls, perfect accuracy with LMGs while jetpacking, etcetc) - that it's people using hacks on a free to play shooter that uses client side hit detection.
  3. CriticalThinker

Oh yeah I remember that, "theres no working cheats" debacle meanwhile people were uploading videos to Youtube of obvious hackers during the same period, and a popular hack forum had a number of PS2 users equal to half of the PS2 playerbase. I remember that whole thing.
  4. PWGuy93

I used to get uptight about perceived aimbots, then I leveled up and understood that with practice, aiming just becomes 2nd nature and stopped worrying about aimbots. It's the players that appear on one side of the base then suddenly appear on the other, then in the middle, then through a wall that bothers me.
  5. Psionic Storm

I'm fairly certain you would call me a hacker. I look at my map and snap 180 because of something called fast reaction time. It must be a hack to be good at the game to turn around and 3 shot headshot someone before they even know what hit them
  6. Hatesphere

Its not a fallacy its a statement, it is in response to another post about everyone who thinks that they arent rampant must not think they exist at all (thats a fallacy) my argument is that most people dont think hacks dont exist, they just dont think they are "rampant" (read "flourishing or spreading unchecked.") so yeah, you are reading into this far more then you should and inserting your own words into what I said as that part of the statement is not directed at "everyone who complains about cheating" But I guess your GED in English is really going far eh?
    • Up x 1
  7. CriticalThinker

It's a fallacy to say that anyone who complains about cheating "thinks everyone who killed them must be a hacker", and no amount of sniveling and personal attacks will get you out of that.
  8. Hatesphere

please quote were i even said that? or are you making up thing now?

it says nowhere there that "anyone who complains about cheating "thinks everyone who killed them must be a hacker" or am i missing something here you managed to shoehorn into my intent?

it says: "no one says they dont exist, we just laugh at people who think that every person who kills them is an aimboter,"

this implies that there are people that think almost everyone who gets the leg up on them is a hacker, this does not imply everyone who complains about cheating thinks everyone is a hacker.... but keep digging there.

sorry if you didn't like my little jab while you were jamming words into my mouth.
    • Up x 2
  9. Ender

You eat those words and you like them! I like how he defends the argument by saying it's a fallacy, which it is, yet he has shown absolutely zero reserve in basically saying anyone who says they (omghackz) aren't abundant is probably a cheat themselves. Hell, he's confident my entire outfit makes the DA.exe joke to hide the fact (lol) we hack... but it's you're argument (that you didn't actually make) that's the fallacy. That shows you noob!
    • Up x 3
  10. Rogueghost

These threads are my favorite.

I swear the people that make and defend these threads are either playing a different game than me, or playing it with 500 ping and 10 fps.
    • Up x 1
  11. DocSnider

First of all: I believe there are a lot of cheaters in this game and while I am usually not very suspicious or even care about this, they attract attention from time to time. Not talking about suspicously good players - they might be chinese prison kids after all. Talking about wtf-moments that clearly results out of cheating, exploiting or abusing glitches.

But: As far as my knowledge about bots in FPS games goes, it is not very likely that they would work for LA in midflight. Since most bot technologies work by picking a definite area of pixels and putting your crosshair there; or playing a definite key combination for client side movements/commands it might not eben be possible to use an aimbot like this in midflight.
    This is because first of all you cant manually aim down - not at all while flying/falling. And the weapons spreading, which is actually the main factor it's very hard to hit sth in midflight, can't be influenced by a client side bot.

There might be certain hacks that allows you to do this or which are able to send false client side commands/inputs to the server.

Also I might be totally wrong about all of this.
  12. Hatesphere

well it is technically possible to have a bot work mid flight like that in a client side hit detection game like this, so i wont go as far to say the dont exist. its the client that is telling the server that the bullet hit, so if you can hijack that data stream and ignore the normal bullet travel calcs and just tell the server that you hit regardless its entirely possible. but as was stated before by other people almost every hack provider has stopped supporting PS2 since its a pain in the *** to keep their stuff working. I have personally run into more hackers surfing random BF3 servers then I have in 1600 hours of ps2 play, it can just be a bit more frustrating in PS2 since everyone plays on a few huge server so they can impact more people in a short period of time.
  13. Unsp0kn

Rampant? No. Sure there are some running around using them (F*CK YOU GUYS) but there are not as many as people claim there to be. I get one-hit-killed all the time, but it's likely my crappy connection only showing me one hit when in reality I was hit many times.
    • Up x 1
  14. Brahma2

Only hackers I've seen weren't aimbotting, they were flying around in a galaxy at faster than ESF speeds ramming people.. Seemed pretty obvious. Never run into any aimbotters at all, ran into a bunch of laggy people but if it was a hack it was extremely ineffective.

Me and my other gunner sure get accused of hacking a lot though, which is nice. Makes me think there are a lot of bad players in this game. Hell, lawn gnome seems convinced.
    • Up x 1
  15. Hatesphere

the last aim bot hate tell I got from someone I actually decided to hit rock bottom and look up their stats (i usually dont do that), poor NC player only had 14-16% accuracy across all his weapons.
  16. Alarox

I know exactly what being caught red handed means. My question is how you caught these supposed hackers red handed.

Did you get killed by them and then sent them a tell saying "reported" or something?
    • Up x 3
  17. Sneakle

There are cheats in ps2 for sure. Like sitting in stalker cloak doing nothing, not spotting, just sitting there and a HA runs aournd the corner aiming at you (no darkligt, no nightscope) and just knowing you are sitting there and kills you. This is a cheat SoE cant spot yet as those payers are still in the game after reporting them.

This example is with friendlies on my front enemies on my back behind a wall hidden behind some boxes. Some other infiltrator used motion darts there so I could see him run to me directly knowing I was there. I didnt take any action that could have revealed my position, no one could have spotted me (unless cheating) I was getting ready for.

Now, this is not the first time odd things happend. When it's low BR's perfect headshotting me with a saw from 250 away I know it's and aimbot, and he did get deleted a few days later.

And today I could swear I saw a cloaked flash where a LA jumped of as the driver and c4'd my tank. But since you can have a passenger I'll let that pass untill I see it again ;)
    • Up x 1
  18. Frostiken

A couple weeks ago I was driving a Flash with the cloak enabled on Indar. There were some enemies around, but none in the immediate area. Nobody was nearby me at all. Again, cloak was enabled.

I heard a loud 'ping' and instantly fell over dead, killed by some NC guy with the MagShot.
    • Up x 1
  19. Frostiken

I refuse to believe that SOE does anything with those. Their policy is to not follow up and provide feedback, so I'm inclined to believe that they don't do anything.
    • Up x 2
  20. iller

+1: Any serious reports of a cheater needs to be caught on a recording program, youtubed/twitched, and filed as a ticket @ https://help.soe.com/

This one I will definitely fault SOE for... Just like how they never actually built Server-security into stopping Speed-Hacking in a lot of their other MMO's. Meanwhile lots of other games out there HAVE built those measures into their Server Code... specifically Battlefield and Teamfortress for instance have measures against No-spread. Guildwars2 eventually stopped the flying no-clippers in WvW entirely. I don't expect SOE to completely prevent them from glitching into walls in Planetside (b/c it would kill the server performance to double check player vectors like that every tick). But they could atleast let culling and spread be secured Server-side.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.