Aimbots Rampant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Targanwolf, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeanutMF

While it certainly is possible that they are cheating, if something like that happens to you relatively frequently it's also possibly lag or an introduced patch bug given that it happened to you today.

Especially with the snapping and 1 shot killing, it seems indicative that you lost connection for a split second and when your connection was established again, your client updated his position correctly to be staring at you instantly (and in the second scenario, with shield activated) and all of the packets from the server telling your client the damage you've taken came in at the same time, giving the impression you were killed in one bullet from an automatic weapon.

I've heard of people abusing connections to achieve this effect on purpose but if it happens with a number of different people rather than the same one then the issue may be on your end or the game in general.
    • Up x 2
  2. Alarox

For every "hacker/cheater" there are likely hundreds of people who get upset when they die and want to blame it on something other than being outplayed by someone much better than themselves. I've seen a single hacker in two years, and even that might have just been lag.
    • Up x 8
  3. Halkesh

Since 3 day, I every NC & TR kick my *** (I lost almost every 1vs1 encounter) I assure you when lose again and again, you are strating to see cheater everywhere. Especially while you are dying in situation where you think "how this guys can have saw / killed me ?" (aka, 4 bullet, 4 headshot from 150 meter with x1 reflex)

I've caught red handed ~12 warping cheater in 1 year plus 1 aimbot cheater.
    For the other that I suspected, that may be just luck / unluck.

I play mostly as infantry.
    • Up x 1
  4. Alarox

Define "caught red handed".
    • Up x 2
  5. Saool

This was a dev stating that at the time there were no working cheats. Read what he says carefully. Yes, with each new patch will come new cheats. And they will be found and removed and the players involved banned.

If anyone thinks SOE are doing nothing then you are deluded. They are simply never going to tell you what they are doing because that just makes their job harder.

/report and move on.
    • Up x 3
  6. Goretzu

To be fair with Miller it is totally impossible to tell given the current state of the server, there's no way to tell what is extremely good shooting and what is you lagging to within 1m of them (on their screen) and being shot.
    • Up x 1
  7. Xasapis

I was accused of aimbotting yesterday, after killing a guy that was zig zagging around. I must have spent close to 50 bullets to do it. No idea how it got in his mind that I could possibly use out of game help. And risk an account of 270.000 certs and over 300 euros spent.
  8. Squirreli

PS2 has relatively few blatant hackers. How many sneaky non-blatant ones there are is anyone's guess, but I'd guess personally I've reported somewhere between 10 and 20. So, 10-20 clear hackers met during my 1500 hours of playing. Most of them were clear collision hacks. With PS2's netcode and client side hit detection it is hard to be sure of aim assists, but I don't recall any clear case of getting aimbotted (so at least I haven't been aimbotted in recent months). I've spotted aimbotters in other games and would think that I'd spot the more blantant ones in PS2 too, if there were so many around as people claim.

So, in my experience blatant hacks and especially blatant aimbots are very rare. How many sneaky cheaters are running less blatant lag-switches, speed/collision hacks, wallhacks/esp-hacks or something to increase/decrease damage is anyone's guess, but at least on Miller, hacking seems rare. Hackusations and this kind of threads however keep on popping up.

(Hackusations rock! This month I've been for instance said to have unlimited health because I didn't take damage from a Basilisk. Oh, maybe that was because I was a LA above the Sunderer, the Basilisk was shooting at some Harassers and I destroyed the Sunderer with C4... No, must be hacks, that is the only explanation ;)
  9. p10k56

After 2 years of playing this I don't see much improvement on my side while playing.
    Maybe some in ESF flying.
    When I was total noob I had better K/D ratio playing exclusively infantry compared to recent days.
    Then some supermen started to appear. With no aiming time shooting me exactly when tip of my nose leaves cover.
    Probably I am noob which was not able increase his skill at least 500% after two years of playing:rolleyes:

Aimbots?....
    ...no everybody pro:p

only me backward noob:(
    • Up x 3
  10. Saool

Most warping is in fact bad connections not cheating. I have had this myself when working away in hotels. I've run around and wondered why opponents were doing so chronically bad in cqc. Then I've had hackusations come in, and when I have asked friends to look at me and tell what they see, then have said I'm warping all over the place. No hack, just pings of 3000 > 80000.

At this point there is nothing you can do but log off. You could keep playing but it's just buggereing up everyone else’s play, and there is no fun in shooting people who cannot hit you back. But the point is, this is not necessarily hacking.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bindlestiff

So is this a confirmed bug? Or is this a new angle to get VS stuff nerfed? My VS LMGs are doing the correct damage when I actually hit someone so it is a genuine question.
  12. Longasc

It's not only aimbots, exploiting or using whatever tricks to get INTO walls is also common. You can google more cheats like a perfect radar. Reporting cheaters is mostly futile.

Apparently some people didn't leave their tank in 2 years if they didn't notice. :>
    • Up x 1
  13. Halkesh

I still know the difference between someone who lag and someone who cheat.
    You speak about "blinker" people, that's lag. I speak about real cheater who use warping : it's not a lag when the guy warp 50 meter away in a random direction, 5 time per seconds.
    • Up x 2
  14. Halkesh

It's an english expression (in french, it's "pris la main dans le sac").
    For example, if you see a thief in your house while he is stealing you some stuff, he get caught red handed.
    • Up x 1
  15. uhlan

Hacking is common is FPS's, especially with client side hit detection which allows modifications on the players end.

PS2 is decent about tracking these folks and for the amount of people in this FTP game I'm surprised there aren't more obvious hacks being observed.

In two years of this game I have seen just 4-5 blatant hackers, but I have suspected many, many more. The thing is, it's very difficult to prove. Your best hope is to report the person and if enough complaints are made, SOE might monitor the individual to see if they have third party programs running, etc.

You will not catch all the aimbotters and they know it. Judicious use of that hack and ESP are endemic in these games and virtually impossible for other players to spot especially when the pop is high enough to mask their activities.

Add to this the latency issues and it becomes even more improbable that the average stealth hacker will get caught.

Despite this, there have been folks once thought to be "kings of battle" that have been banned to the surprise of many in the game.

The worst thing the devs could have done was to include personal stats in this game. Yeah, I know, people want some way to measure their success, but personal stat collection was not the way to go. Highlighting personal skill in a game that should focus on team activities and team work ethic is counter productive and leads to self aggrandizement at any cost.

This game is advertised as epic in scale and scope and should be developed accordingly. Therefore it needs the new, drop-in player to flesh out the factions. Because of that, the game should not, cannot be a competitive one since the game is an inherently "unfair" playing field in the first place.

All the hype spent on "hired-gun" players (professionals), you tubers with videos of their exploits and conferences devoted to the game celebrating certain individuals because of their statistics has been to fill the gap due to the lack of any meaningful game content.

Now, that hype is fading away as many of the original devs are now gone, moving off to other projects or leaving SOE entirely.

Such is the way of things.

I still play the game because I enjoy it in spite of all the issues.
    • Up x 2
  16. Utrooperx

I remember that...that was the "deadly rock", wasn't it? If you got close to it, it shot you...
    • Up x 2
  17. t31os

Rampant? What server are you playing on? :confused:
  18. MonnyMoony

I do think subtle aimbots, anti-recoil and esp are more prevalent than some people think. Unfortunately - it's difficult to tell the difference between these and good players/lag/bugs - and so those employing such tactics are difficult to catch/report.

There are some fights you get into where the outcome is ping-ping-dead from a weapon that simply should not be that effective at the range employed - and you are left with a very itchy chin.

The only thing you can to is comfort yourself with the fact that these cheaters probably have very small widgies ;)
    • Up x 4
  19. Goldmonk

The exact one....hated that little rock.
  20. CriticalThinker

Yes because everyone who complains about cheating thinks that everyone who kills them is an aimbotter. Fallacy much? :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.