Nerf the Claymore.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frostiken, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldmonk

Did I say "All players"? No, VS and NC have excellent players as well. Also, proxies and bettys are flat and if the lights were taken away, they would be way more OP than the claymore. I hate OP's point because he suggests nerfing a perfectly fine AI mine while buffing the everyliving **** out of the other two.
    • Up x 1
  2. CEGrif

maybe cause unlike the VS and NC we cant just waltz into groups of infentry and thorw our mines down right in the middle of them.
    • Up x 1
  3. OldMaster80

I never felt like claymores are op. Despite NC and VS landmines they are directional and they are the only non-flat mines.
    I don't see why i.e. bouncing betties should suck: today I stepped on one of those and died instantly (with Nanowave 5).

Btw I'd like to remember that NV scopes make landmines shine like a Xmas tree and there is a powerful implant spotting all explosive around (for you and your team mate). Moreover flak armor gives you additional protection so you don't die in one shot.
    But still you would like to nerf mines?
    • Up x 3
  4. tf2hero

i did on the fourms and i instantly got a threadblock
  5. Nody

So your argument is the Claymore gets more kills because they are harder to use and can't be thrown into a group of enemy to score a possible multikill? Seriously the arguments used in this thread to date by TR have been so silly I'm not sure if they are troll replies or not.

The VS mines got the lights added due to being to hard to spot (i.e. killed more than the other mines); I think NC mines had a similar visual nerf (but could be wrong on that one) a long time ago. Seeing how Claymores are now overperforming I'd simply start with lowering their damage down to the other mines and see how that works out and go from there.
    • Up x 2
  6. Goldmonk

Here's a tip for all the mine haters: Stop running into a building like a blind man and check your corners. It really does wonders.
    • Up x 6
  7. siiix

how about NO
    • Up x 2
  8. Morti

The TR will never know the true joy of running into groups of enemies and throwing explosive frisbees at their faces
    • Up x 2
  9. Nody

They fly instead and use the Banshee...
    • Up x 2
  10. Frostiken

Because the TR knows they can make up the most outrageous lies and say ridiculous things and get anything they don't like nerfed. They just totally ruined the PPA to uselessness, now they're going to cry about the Lancer and the Orion until those too are ruined, and then there goes every single semi-decent weapon the VS has. If the TR had their way the Spiker would be the VS's best handgun.
  11. Arsonix

They just actually buffed the damage best performing mine with the last update which is insanity.

Also nobody is talking about the real issue here and it is that you can stand on top of your own claymores and not die when they explode!

I have seen players camp in corners with these things and even with their legs protruding in front of the mine (completely obscuring it from my vision mind you) take absolutely no damage from it when it goes off.

You must be new. Last time the claymore had lights they got removed and suddenly the claymore went from worst performer to top performer. TR will guaranteed do anything to keep it that way.
  12. gibstorm

Huh, I want the claymore to be like the other mines.

I wish I could run into a room and get 5 kills by dropping it on the floor
    • Up x 1
  13. DrBash00

For 1,5 years now, we suffered from the Bug that mines just drowned into the floor, where the claymore was the only mine that could be seen, and now finaly we have a chance to see your mines (because the dont are complitely hidden) and you want a buff....

Of course maby 4m inner blast radius with 8000 dmg???

The old PPA with the new PPA RPM???

Galaxy with 12 Old PPA as weapons?

Just let me know, we all give it 2 u.

Serious now: After the patch with the Implants, you have less succsess with ALL type of mines. If you dont see mines wear flak armor and/or run the implant, that shows mines on 30m.... and dont move to forumside for nerfs/buffs.
    • Up x 5
  14. PurpleHIppo

Lets put a HUGE sign with an arrow pointing towards claymores so that no one can miss them o_O

i bet if VS and NC place proxymines and bouncingbettys the same way TR place claymores you would get more kills....maybe its not the mines but the placements of them that makes perform so different.
    I mean if TR place a claymore in the middle of a room its obviously going to be spotted so guess what happens when you do that with proxymines and bettys :rolleyes:
    Theres implants that shows explosives on your hud, theres flak to protect you from explosives, Iits a small white box so it can be spotted if you just slow down and check... (though it might be invisible after todays patch i havent checked, the one i ran into killed me before i saw it :()

My conclusion, No. Learn to watch for them before you walk into a room or use the protection offered with both suit slots and implants.
  15. Arsonix

You do understand the Claymore behaves differently from the other two mines right?
  16. Flapatax

They reward players who didn't do anything!
  17. FrozenCustard

Here's my thought on the matter, because claymores only work in one direction you can't just put it anywhere, so the places you do put it tend to be around doorways while the NC and VS ones can be placed anywhere, so you tend to be careless where you put it.
    • Up x 2
  18. Mxiter

Did you noticed that claymores were also the least used of the 3 AI mines??

Higher KPH in the hand of a smaller part of player = more effective in skilled hands but harder to use.
    • Up x 4
  19. Frostiken

CLAYMORE KPH: 169.95
    BNCING BETTY KPH: 139.55
    PROX MINE KPH: 138.85

So far here's what I've got for responses to this fact:

"It's not overpowered, the Claymore is unreliable and bad."

"It's not overpowered, the TR are just better players."

"The TR mine gets more kills because the VS and NC mines get kills more easily."

"But.. but... THE PPA!"

"Claymore secretly sucks. Also, listen to me cry about the PPA too!"

"Doing anything would make NC / VS mines overpowered, obviously."

"No."

"l2p fgt lololololol."

No wonder the TR is full of the game's most embarrassing outfits. Funny how the faction that comes up with the most outrageous things to whine nerf about (of the other factions, natch) suddenly gets hyper-defensive about something clearly indefensible, to the extent of saying things as outrageously stupid as "THE CLAYMORE GETS MORE KILLS BECAUSE IT'S BAD."
    • Up x 1
  20. Auzor

I destroyed a liberator with an AV grenade. I'm a hipster, since now it'll be easier when AV grenades start sticking to vehicles. Mine didn't. :cool:

Detonate on sight: debatable.
    It would definitely only have to detonate within lethal radius.. then again, a manual setting of 'trigger at X m could be interesting; less dmg range for higher damage etc. Waaay out of scope of the game.
    Still, the delay could be removed perhaps.

Overall: no claymores are not OP.
    No, claymores don't "blend in well". Due to standing up and having two green laser beams they are the easiest to see on many surfaces. Mines also sink; you can hide a betty reasonably well in most areas with some splashy water. Claymores are harder.
    They also need to be placed correctly, say an enemy chasing you and you decide to panic-drop a mine..

Also: placing AI mines next to a sundy is a tactic, or running into a group of enemies and drop mines around; (pizza delivery..)
    Here, claymore is less good.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.