Grenades ruin infantry combat for me...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diilicious, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Diilicious

grenade splash radius is larger than most of the copy and paste rooms in the game. when 96+ 96+ battles happen there is nothing you can do apart from try to throw more grenades than the enemy are.

what is the point in this, you are just dying over and over and over watching the room continuously explode everyone dies and gets instantly ressed, then dies again and ressed then blown up some more, and you can see the same happening to the other side. huge piles of enemys just dropping dead and then springing up and then exploding again.

you cant even hear bullets just "GRENADE OUT! GRENA-GRENA-OUT-GRE-O-NADE OUT-"

and the occasional grenade that laughs when you throw it.

jesus christ. it frankly takes a massive wee on my enjoyment of infantry combat.

and on a side note a TR soldier ran up to my sunderer and threw an AV grenade at me and it killed me from 80% HP. im like REALLY????

whoever thought of AV grenades needs lobotomizing tbh
    • Up x 2
  2. Jac70

It's only the scale that makes it an issue, as in the grenade itself is pretty weak and I rarely get a kill with it. It's just the fact that when there are 96 people throwing one your bound to get some splash. I think the best solution would be to spread people out a bit rather than have 200 people on a 5 square mile map all fighting in a 100m square space.
    • Up x 5
  3. SerasVic

They do.

And the bigger the fight is , the worst it is. To a point a 96+ vs 96+ is only grenade spamming
    • Up x 1
  4. BlueSkies

Well, at least the AV grenade is getting nerfed vs infantry.
    • Up x 2
  5. OldMaster80

Flak Armor is your friend.

Things are more complicated since resources update pushed grenades spam to the sky. Camping a room is now definetely more complicated but don't blame grenades: blame NS as their buildings have no doors.
    • Up x 4
  6. Canaris

Yeah I wish someone had the foresight to hammer home the point to the Dev's during development all about the problems of having limitless grenades and the explosive spam it will cause.... oh wait I did. That's why it wasn't a problem till they changed the resource rules with their new habit of not thinking things through these days.

Oh Well

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. placeholder22

That wasn't an AV grenade, you genius. That was most likely a sticky nade, thrown by an engineer onto the anti tank mines that were just deployed beneath you. (In the unlikely event that it was not an engineer throwing a sticky nade, it was the anti tank mines or possibly C4 that would have killed you, not any number of AV nade a single soldier can carry)
  8. PWGuy93

Grenades by themselves thrown from a single player isn't an issue.

The issue is Grenades have become the cookie cutter loadout increasing the number of players using them.

The Oct 30 update doesn't address this aspect.
  9. Sobdude

It's the combination of 3 bad implemented features:
    - common nanite pool for everything, i.e. 750 resources for grenades
    - grenade bandolier, which is bad feature itself
    - HA directive, which have AV grenade kills string in it.
    And here it is ! GRENADE SHOWER.
    • Up x 1
  10. Avrien

I think they need to give maxes or engineers or medics or something a shield that can bounce grenades back. Have it literally act like pong but with a curved surface. Then you can try to master bouncing them back at the enemy. That would be funny to bounce sticky grenades back and the enemy and have it land on someone.

I think it should be a special ability like the medics AOE repair or the maxes run or zealot ability.
  11. REZistance

As of tomorrow the AV nades are basically worthless.. score ANOTHER one for Forumside! You guys won't be happy until there is literally zero lethality in this game. I'm just going to copy paste my response to the OTHER grenade 'spam' thread that you should have posted in, instead of starting a whole new one..

• Up x 1
  12. patrykK1028

You dont like grenades? Then go play... Skyrim (I cant imagine any game about modern warfare without grenades)
    • Up x 1
  13. Bloodlet

This. Plus saying grenades are a problem in a futuristic war game is like saying guns are a problem.
    • Up x 1
  14. Zica96

USE FLAK ARMOR BRAAAAAHHHH.
  15. xDesideratus

Hmm yes in very large fights grenade spam IS problematic, it's a real shame there's no way to leave, or possibly find a different battle, without just logging off.

Such a shame.
  16. Pikachu

Grenade complaining is so 2013 whenever frag grenades were nerfed.
  17. Diilicious

such a shame the game promotes giant battles with hundreds of players in single fights only for to end up being an oylimpic who-can-throw-the-most-grenades competition.

Such a shame.
    • Up x 1
  18. Hatesphere

AV grenades got better at AV, so I have no idea what you are talking about. you simply are mad you will no longer have a one size fits all load out for killing tanks maxes and infantry with ease. Sticky AV nades are a godsend that will make them good at, you know AV.

as for standard grenade spam its only inevitable that people will use them more as the number of clustered targets increases, its kind of how AOE works, and we arent exactly throwing compressed air can here. grenades are at a point were they take skill to uses against targets on your own, lowing the damage anymore will make it so the only possible way to use them will be the spam we have now but worse.
    • Up x 1
  19. AlCohonez

damage is not the problem, the resource system that allows you to spam nades like they are peanuts is the problem
  20. Crowne

You guys remember that Battlefield 3 map in the subway with the stairways up to the point? Quite a few servers started limiting the number of high explosives that could be used on that map.

No one would have argued that such explosives didn't belong in Battlefield 3, of course they do and did. The point was that the particular layout of the map made the battle a boring, foregone conclusion. Could be fun if you were topside lobbing the explosives but even then... so repetitive and predictable.

In Planetside 2, many bases have the types of areas that make vast amounts of high explosives problematic to gameplay. When something about your game makes it boring, predictable, repetitive, and lacking fun for one or both sides... kinda have to maybe address it.

Grenades will still be available and will continue to be lethal, in case you were genuinely worried.
    • Up x 1