Should Flashes have a Bulletproof windscreen?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Oct 26, 2014.

1. minhalexus

I jump out when they see me coming. If I can catch them from behind, then no need for me to jump out.

Sometimes I just try running over swarms of infantry with wraith cloaking. It's OP as ****.
    • Up x 2
  2. Zazulio

Calling the Flash overpowered... Now I've heard everything.
    • Up x 3
  3. minhalexus

Nope, a very situational aspect of it is OP.

It's rare to find a fight where I can effectively accomplish that.
    • Up x 1
  4. I play by many names

If anything the current flash needs a nerf.

A good start would be removing the ability to have ANY weapons mounted on a cloak equipped flash.
    • Up x 3
  5. STR1D3R109

It would have to be an attachment in the passive slot (it still lets you have radar, boost etc but make it restrict cloak) Because well, Most my deaths as a wraith flash are bullets to the face, if that didnt happen id get 10+ killstreaks for every death! xD
  6. Goretzu

The Flash isn't overpowered, I wouldn't even say the Wraith Flash is........ however a 2 man Wraith Flash with a shield (of any sort) probably would be too much (so any sheild would need likely be in the same slot as the Wraith module).
  7. Whatupwidat

Given they can turn invisible, no.
  8. Ixidron

Yes, flash needs buffs (see signature)
  9. SerasVic

Shield yes, but replace cloak / turbo.

And then shield could be strong enough to take one shell / RL. Make it destroyable like the NC Max one.
    • Up x 1
  10. Moonheart

You never played one, isn't it?
    • Up x 1
  11. Paqu

Still doesn't make any sense. When you jump out you are pretty much dead. Even when going head on against enemies you have a good chance to survive when you keep dodging left and right and then uncloak on the last second before shooting.

Running over might be OP if it would work properly. Now its just a guessing game to roadkill moving infantry.
  12. MonnyMoony

Well - they can instagib a 450 resource Max suit simply by ramming it.
    • Up x 2
  13. EViLMinD

Glad I'm not the only one suggesting this feature.

YES, non-wraith Flashes need this badly. I've fully certed everything on the flash, yet I only use wraith in my loadouts (because it's freakin awesome). Full comp armor doesn't matter much. Your char is too exposed; too vulnerable. Plus, enemies target flashes because they draw more attention. A little shield would make a huge difference. With the right values, a frontal shield would make the non-wraith Flash much more viable in combat. Won't make the veh op, either.

It would look cool, too.
    • Up x 1
  14. EViLMinD

The shield should be a default like the Harasser turbo. Selecting the Wraith utility should remove it. The two combined would be op, I think.
  15. Bennybones

No they should not. Next question.
  16. Kcalehc

In the defense slot, sure, why not. Perhaps make it useable only by a Heavy driver (similar to how Wraith is Infil only).

What I'd really like it a self righting mechanism of some kind. Hit F, and back on my wheels again.

and for Extra flash fun, Class specific items:

Flash Jets - LA only - gives a short upwards and forwards burst of speed.
    Logistics - Engie Only - resupplies Ammo to nearby infantry (including rumble seat passenger...)
    Corpsman - Medic Only - health and shield regen for nearby infantry

Probably not though.
    • Up x 1
  17. patrykK1028

You destroy Flash as fast as kill the driver -.-
  18. Laxlu

All it need is 360 view radius in 3d and 1st person mode (okay maybe 280 in 1st person), and larger turn cone of fire for main weapon, ability to aim higher and lower than now. Would be especially good less shake in 1st person and crosshair in 3d person.
    • Up x 1
  19. Paqu

Running over a MAX with Flash takes about 50% of the MAX health. So you need to run it over twice which sure ain't easy given how badly the hit detection works for roadkills. And even if it do happen that MAX can be revived in few seconds so its not a big loss..
  20. EViLMinD

I don't understand why people jump to such a narrow conclusion. The shield doesn't have to be op. IT ALL DEPENDS on the design. How much coverage does it offer? How much damage does it stop? Can it break? etc etc.

People... people... open your minds.

From someone who has more exp with the Flash than most people have in total game time - the Flash determinately needs a small frontal shield. It does. And, it won't make the thing op. Trust EViL.