G9 Error after 2/10 patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by 1508AD, Oct 2, 2014.

1. sando

Hi sgtsavage,

Yes I got it working. I bough a Billion 7800nxl. It's about $140 but if you didn't want to spend that much there is the TP-LINK 8980 which is about $90. But really, any relatively new modem that allows port forwarding should work. If you have the BoBlite it doesn't actually port forward even though it has a port forwarding configuration.

The game connected on the first try, played for about an hour then switch back over to the BoBlite and it wouldn't connect. It's a bit disappointing because the BoBlite never had a problem before, so it's definitely something that SOE have done in the programming. On the other hand, a modem that can't port forward is no good to me anyway.
  2. sgtsavage

Celticknight86 u can set ports forward in the bob but there is a issue with either the coms between the modem and router or the nat if u can figure out how to bridging the bob lite which disables the router as far as I can understand and opens your nat.
    See how u go .
  3. sgtsavage

Update I managed to get into game using the bob lite in bridge mode and ran very stable no stuttering ect anyone need assistance with it let me know and I can run through it with u but be aware u will have no wireless the way I configured it .
  4. taurangaNZ

I have the same problem too since the 10/2 update.

NonVPN:
    game Error G9 when trying to connect to any EU, US, AU ps2 server.
    ping lp.soe.com 100% ok with zero packet loss.
    follows same Level3 pingpath route.
    when SOE gets a response back from my PC game client, it uses the MAC address of my ADSL router
    my pc client is definitely receiving udp response packets on ms procmon logger.. so I guess NAT traversal on my bob router is ok?

VPN:
    plays planetside2 perfectly with no error message.
    ping lp.soe.com 100% ok with zero packet loss.
    follows same Level3 pingpath route.
    when SOE gets a response back from my PC game client, it uses the MAC address of my VPN server's router.
    my pc client is definitely receiving udp response packets on ms procmon logger.. so I guess NAT traversal on my bob router is ok?
    Code:
    IP address and Port numbers (logged from Microsoft Process Monitor free download)

69.174.216.21 20156
    69.174.216.23 20127 20190
    69.174.216.25 20122
    69.174.220.21 20143
    69.174.220.23 20198
    69.174.220.24 20148
    69.174.194.165 amspsn-liv-gw01.planetside2.com 20154 20167 20192
    69.174.194.166 amspsn-liv-gw02.planetside2.com 20138
    69.174.194.167 amspsn-liv-gw03.planetside2.com 20150 20151
    64.37.174.140 lvspsn-liv-gw01.station.sony.com 20126
    64.37.174.141 lvspsn-liv-gw02.station.sony.com 20164
    64.37.174.142 lvspsn-liv-gw03.station.sony.com 20195
    64.37.174.143 lvspsn-liv-gw04.station.sony.com 20121 20192
    64.37.174.148 lvspsn-liv-l01.planetside2.com 20042

other IP addresses that seem not in use by my pc client
    64.37.174.144 lvspsn-liv-gw05.station.sony.com
    64.37.174.145 lvspsn-liv-gw06.station.sony.com
    64.37.174.146 lvspsn-liv-gw07.station.sony.com
    64.37.174.147 lvspsn-liv-gw08.station.sony.com
    64.37.174.149 lvspsn-tst-l01.station.sony.com
  5. taurangaNZ

Could this help us? I guess not since it is the NAT table that needs to let the UDP packets through... not the dmz table.
  6. taurangaNZ

how can it be an issue with my BoB/Genius router when the network monitor shows send and receive success on all these ports?

[IMG]
  7. sgtsavage

Mine was the same if I used port forwarder to check the ports they were open but when the asked me to do tracert and ipping tests one line was really high ping and some had no numbers in the line .
    As soon as I set it up in bridge mode which disables the router and nat ect basically a modem got into game fine .
    I don't know about your questions above not that techy .
    Have you done the tests someone else posted at the start ?
    If so have a look at the file it saved NetInfo and check the lines it pings and traces if there are high or no numbers in any of the 3 columns u will have issues like I did
  8. taurangaNZ

Hi sgtsvage, glad you asked.. yes I have the same symptoms as you.. I am extremely techy... I could even reverse engineer the planetside2_64.exe down to every line of code if I had spare time, which I don't. ignore your tracert and pathping results - soe do not know what they are talking about, they caused this issue and they don't even realize why or how they did it. I think our focus should currently be on the ports and our home router NAT, and start looking for workarounds. start downloading router updates, and pulling out attached wireless routers, and factory resets on it etc.
  9. taurangaNZ

yes my ping is perfect. lp.soe.com 100% ok with zero packet loss.

use this for testing ping 20 times, or change the number 20 for 100 if you want to test it 100 times:
    Code:
    ping -a -n 20 lp.soe.com
  10. sgtsavage

Try this and see if there is a difference

1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click the Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator"

For Windows 8 - Press the WINDOWS and X keys together and then click on Command Prompt (Admin). Click Yes to the User Account Control message that appears.

2. Copy and paste the below commands into your command prompt. You can paste into your command prompt by right clicking and selecting paste.

ipconfig /all > c:\netinfo.txt
    tracert lp.soe.com >> c:\netinfo.txt
    pathping lp.soe.com >> c:\netinfo.txt

These commands will not output to the command prompt, they will create a file named c:\netinfo.txt

This is what soe got me to do.
    Try bridge mode what do u have to lose
  11. PeanutMF

Judging by tauranga's previous explanation he's probably done that already and concluded that it is pointless.

12. sgtsavage

I gathered that just wanted to makesure he did that exact command prompt . Like I said before had the same issue for over a month and resolved it by bridging my modem router and now get in every time and no crashes .
    What does he or anyone else have to lose by trying it .

procedure for bridging is log into boblite disable wireless go to advanced settings , internet standard and protocols, wan one change ppoe to bridged 1486 save settings . Modem will restart wait fir that then turn modem off for 20 min disconnect network cable , switch modem on let it sync connect cable and u should be away .
    if it doesnt work just restore factiry setting but it will get u in game on a boblite
    factory setting

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!
  13. taurangaNZ

ok being a computer fanatic, I kept digging and researching for another 2 weeks straight.

• Up x 1
  14. taurangaNZ

15. LittleYeti

thank you very much taurangaNZ it worked for me with my orcon Router. as sown as they did the firmware the game worked fine.
    Thank you so much
  16. DanteZA

All, I just downgraded my Bob2 firmware to BoB2600 and I can once again connect using Bob2 without any hassles. Hope this helps you lost souls out here.