[BUG] Lock ons please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Oct 24, 2014.

1. day ofm one

There are two major things about lock-on rocket launchers that really annoy me as an user:

It is really good at hitting towers, trees, rocks, etc. but not aircrafts.

6 out of 7 rockets hit the target but don't do anything.

I am talking about clearly visual confirmed hits.

I can see the explosion over 100 meters range.

I can see a smoking ESF over 200 meters range.

I can see when my rocket detonates on the target and I still don't get a hit marker.

Is anyone else having problems with lock-on launchers?

I use the NS Annihilator.
  2. KiakoLalene

Yeah, I was wondering if it was just me, but that NS RL has the same issue about not doing a hit marker.
  3. Movoza

I heard they will probably change some features of the rocket launcher back from what it was. The rocket now flies from your rocket launcher straight to the target, instead of going out of the launcher the way you fired and then after the target. This makes missing the environment more of a challenge. I expect a lot of it will be changed back.

Lock on´s that explode but don´t do damage probably went for a flare. My rockets always hit, and always show a hit marker the moment they don´t use flares and I don´t hit the environment.

I use the HAWK (NC specific AA launcher)
  4. McToast

Moin

I usually either get hit or outrun/avoid the missile, so it may be a problem on your side.

On a sidenote, I'm not against making lock-ons a bit more reliable, but more importantly, the range has to be nerfed to 300m. HAs locking on to me don't even render most of the time. There are areas on Indar where I can get groundlocked while flying at the flight ceiling. It's really stupid.
  5. ronjahn

One thing that pisses me off about lock-ons is that if your vehicle is close enough to the rocket user, you don't even get a lock on indication warning beep. Would be nice to know, even if for a half second that some pro has set me up to get hit with an auto guided rocket.

I'm not even asking for a change to lock on duration(though instant lock is a bit much if you ask me). It's just frustrating dying to annihilators and it's peers, but never even hearing the beep I'm promised to hear when I get locked on to or seeing the text that shows I'm getting locked.

This is particularly noticeable in an AI harasser such as the Canister, Maruader, and the soon to be nerfed PPA, because of how quickly they can die. You are forced to get close with these weapons, so don't tell me "your fault for getting to close," because it's literally the only way these weapons work.

Edit: CQC AI harassers also make me want SOE to nerf/remove blast damage on c4, because it's also really annoying dieing to some guy who plopped a c4 10 feet away from my harasser, but that's a different topic altogether.
  6. ZomboWTF

on indar the fleight ceiling can be as low as 400 meters, and the only RL locking on past 400 is the Annahilator, afaik
  7. McToast

Moin
    The "dedicated" AA launchers (lol, they are not dedicated, they can dumbfire with better optics than the dumbfire launchers) can lock on up to 450m. That's 150m more than the HA wielding his cheap, nanitefree and easy-to-use launcher renders for the pilot getting locked on. €: And that's in the best case. As soon as there's some more action going on renderdistance for infantry drops even further. It can be as low as ~100m, but you still get locked on from over 400m away.
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

yes, even in VR training every second rocket of Annihilator do no damage.
  9. day ofm one

When flares are used, the rocket does not explode but leave his path and fly up right into the sky ;)