Will SOE address the Banshee in the October balance update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ztiller, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ztiller

It's a clearly overperforming weapon, and even Higby have said that it's too good right now.

[IMG]

I'm pretty sure that it takes a longer time to C4 a MAX than it takes for the Banshee to kill it.

[IMG]

The Problem with it is that it kills so incredibly fast, without warning. It can even melt a fully-certed Flak Burster MAX faster than the MAX can kill it. It offers no chance of escape whatsoever.

In my opinion, the RoF needs to be decreased, or the CoF increased.

Possibly a decrease in Velocity will also make it far less reliable against air.

• Up x 10
  2. William Petersen

Without warning? I'm pretty sure all ESFs make a very distinct engine sound. That said, I do wish vehicle stealth wasn't a thing. The best defense infantry can have against getting ruthlessly farmed by vehicles (especially air camped directly over the base at 300m) is seeing them on the mininmap.
  3. Sobdude

I hope banshee farm era will come to an end this october.
    • Up x 5
  4. Ztiller

Aagreed. It's ridiculous. The Banshee have a higher KPU than any of the PPA weapons, AND more users.
    • Up x 1
  5. OldMaster80

I dont think they will go further than what they mentioned in the roadmap. Which means that also the Valkyrie will have to wait :(
  6. Pikachu

People considered it to be fine for 1.5 years without change so probably not. :)
    • Up x 6
  7. ZomboWTF

do not apply logic in the PS2 forum!
    so was the Magrider PPA and it was recently hit with the nerfbat AND will probably be hit again since people are still crying about it
    nerf vanu is the new trend
    nerf the orion, though anchor is performing better
    nerf PPA, though Marauder is performing just as good with fewer users
    nerf Magrider, though it is allready the weakest tank with the highest skill cap
    nerf the lancer, because it is annoying to get hit by something that doesn't render
    • Up x 3
  8. Zazulio

Was there a buff to it that got it to this supposedly overpowered state? I am an irregular player, so I'm not exactly up-to-date on all the ins and outs of balance, but I never recall this weapon being overpowered. Always seemed just fine to me, both on the dealing and receiving end.

I even distinctly recall TR players complaining that it wasn't good enough (though TR players are good at doing that ;) )
  9. Diilicious

I took my vehicle stealth off once.... NEVER AGAIN.

why the hell should I appear on your minimap with no effort from you or any of your team mates? From a hundred + meters away, are you kidding me?

vehicle stealth is the only thing that protects tanks from unstoppable numbers of infantry, libbys, and ESF zeroing in on and feeding on you at all times and making ur life miserable.
    • Up x 3
  10. ZomboWTF

people started to hate on it when banshee users started gibbing AA MAXs in under one seconds, which is crazy damage output the Scythe can only dream of, and the Reaver needs to be 5-10m close to do it with the AH
  11. InoxGecko

I'm not exactly sure what you're implying with this .gif
    Would be the same with a full volley of lolpods (every empire has them...) or light PPA, not sure how the air hammer would work but yeah. If you're lulcky enough to find cluster of people lining up to get shot, that's gonna happen, doesn't depend so much on the weapon IMO.
    • Up x 6
  12. ZomboWTF

try flying the Scythe with ppa and then post that again, the scythe would need to hover over 10 seconds to kill as many people as the gif showed a mossie did in one swoop
    additionally you are giving up all your ESF to ESF fightability with the LPPA equipped, so thats another downside

and please dont even talk about the airhammer, you would be a smear on the next mountain before you even get close enough with that thing and so many people on one spot
    • Up x 1
  13. LightningPro

It`s not OK against Max, you get nearly instant down.
    • Up x 1
  14. patrykK1028

RoF is TR trait so it should stay but damage should be definitely decreased and CoF increased, as you said.
  15. patrykK1028

With L-PPA you wouldnt even get 2 shots
  16. Ztiller

The PPA remained unchanged for a very long time aswell.
    • Up x 1
  17. gartho33

can we stop with the double nerf nuke? it ruined your PPA and has done so with many other weapons... pick one and tweak that.. then if the problem persists. tweak the other as well..

nuke nerfing is how everything gets destroyed.. stop it! I understand its not balanced right now... but slamming somehing to the ground will not fix the problem...

if we did things the right way (tweak here tweak there) we would have a far better game.... not a roller coaster of what faction is OP right now....
    • Up x 1
  18. FateJH

Just from looking at the stat sheet alone, I think the amount of splash it does is rather high for its rate of fire, even if only within 0.5m. I would start by dropping that to 150 then, if that doesn't affect the numbers, to 100.
  19. Narukai

No.
    • Up x 1
  20. The_Blazing

An anti-infantry weapon killing infantry quickly? No way, nerf it to the ground now!

Seriously though, I can agree that it needs to be toned down for A2A and that perhaps the COF could be a bit larger to force pilots to take more risks. But AI effectiveness must not be altered, if it's an AI weapon, it has all the right to pwn infantry, period.
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.