Do UBGL Nades not resupply on ammo packs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jackplays17, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Jackplays17

Read title.
  2. Who Garou

I have no idea what UBGL grenades are. I'm assuming they are some kind of grenade because you say "nades".

Anything that costs nanites to deploy are not resupplies with ammo packs.

If you want to carry multiple grenades then there is an armor option for that - but they still don't resupply form ammo packs.
  3. gartho33

yes they do, but have been bugged from day 1...
    • Up x 1
  4. Popper100

It feels a lot more finnicky right now, and maybe even slower than rocket resupply. Might be a bug at the moment, we'll have to wait and see.
  5. Jackplays17

Under Barrel Grenade Launcher
    • Up x 1
  6. Arsonix

Just to clarify he is talking about under barrel grenade launchers.

Edit: ninja'd:p
    • Up x 1
  7. SenEvason

He's talking about the Under Barrel Grenade Launcher that can be attached to a couple weapons, and do not cost nanites. It is supposed to resupply from ammo packs.

I pull them every now and then, but lately they seem to take a lot longer to resupply, and you have to be extremely close to the pack at times. Possibly bugged.
  8. Leftconsin

Nerfed so hard people don't even know what it is anymore.

Honestly, I don't blame you. So few people use the things anymore.
    • Up x 4
  9. TEUFELDRITCH

I'm one of the few that uses them, however the only one I use is the Smoke Grenade. I love tossing smoke. When I'm in a smoke tossing mood I will usually be near some form of resupply so I can spam it. It's helped my team many of a time when they needed cover for a push.
  10. Rikkit

ubgl and ubsl can be reuspplyed from ammo packs, but the only get one nade each 4 seconds, and sometimes it is also bugged, and you won't get ndaes at all
  11. ajma

I've also had infil sensor darts not resupply with ammo packs and I think a couple of other things.
  12. Morpholine

Ammo resupply has chronically broken off-and-on again in the game. It seems to be the worst when the servers are at their highest overall population.

There's a separate bug where underbarrel attachments will occasionally not resupply, but other ammunition will. In my experience, a symptom of this bug is the ammunition resupplying at an odd number (i.e. not an even clip size multiple), frequently 1 or 2 bullets more than the max capacity should be.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheRunDown

I use the UBSGL with IRNV when in a dead lock at Bio-Lab attacks on air pad entrances.
    It's a hit and miss if the weapon resupplies or not, some times I'll get the two nades out and it wont reload.. other times I have to use a terminal.
  14. EvilKoala

Everything in Planetside is in a state of constant flux.. but not the ammo pack bug. Ammo pack bug, you are the one constant in a sea of change. You are the lighthouse by which all other bugs guide. Long live the ammo pack bug. Forever depriving players of their ammunition in their most dire times of need.
    • Up x 3
  15. ScrapyardBob

It's buggy again. Over the course of the past 2 years I think they've broken it 3x and fixed it twice.

Both explosive grenades and smoke grenades on the under-barrel grenade launcher (UBGL!) that the medic/engineer classes can carry are currently bugged. You'll be able to restock a few times from an ammo pack and then it just stops working until your next respawn.
  16. Xasapis

The last time I used UBGL, they restocked from ammo pouches really slowly. It's been months though, so restock may have been broken again.
  17. Alkezo

UBGLs have been nerfed so many times... Its so bad that people don't even know what they are these days. :eek:
  18. Goretzu

When the 8th son of a 7th daughter rides a white mule backwards annoucing the resolution of the ammo resupply bug, so the end days will come to Planetside 2. :(

It is definately more bugged now with UBGLs, it seems to occasionally bug out on specific ammo packs, for me going to a console seems to fix it YMMV.
  19. OldMaster80

Devs have been basically forced to nerf the UBGL. In the beginning it couldn't be resupplied but it where extremely powerful. It was really worth.

Then people started complaining because it was a 1-shot weapon. They made it resuppliable and the spam suddenly became unacceptable.
  20. Frostiken

I also wasn't getting any recon ping pong balls either.
    • Up x 1