[Video] NC LA1 Anchor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rasatan, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Rasatan

Hi all.
    I play mainly as TR but after listenning some NC friends on TS blaming about their guns, i decided to play NC to get some directives, i record 1h and upload my best moments with my personal opinion.

Lets play NC Heavy assult with LA1 Anchor.

Feel free to add your opinion on my weapons´s conclusion to create overall idea about it, thanks

2. sindz

I main VS and love fast ROF dakka weapons, but when i finally got the anchor on my NC that changed - love that gun.
  3. hostilechild

Anchor is the best NC lmg, once you get use to the small clip size and reloading frequently. Thus some prefer EM6 for more range and larger clip for holding areas. Only 2 you really need.
    • Up x 1
  4. bubbacon

Thxs for posting Rig info and FPS's in Small,Med, & Large battles sir. Very helpful info.
  5. Magma52

Anchor does pretty well, sure.

Orion still pisses all over it.
  6. Rasatan

indeed Anchor was my first option as LMG for long time, but last times i really enjoy more playing NC Gauss Saw (the default one)
  7. Rentago

NC like to say they have it real hard 24/7 to hide how good they have it.
  8. Xasapis

Not sure why you'd say that, when Anchor outperforms Orion. And yes, in case you're wondering, it outperforms Orion in any BR tier of players.
    • Up x 2
  9. Bankrotas

True that, but at same time SVA-88 performs as well as Anchor and as far as I heard, SVA is worse than Orion...
  10. Xasapis

7236 - LA1 Anchor | Q4 KPU | Daily Average: 25.48
    7276 - SVA-88 | Q4 KPU | Daily Average: 27.28
    80 - Orion VS54 | Q4 KPU | Daily Average: 22.07

Nop, SVA is doing better than the Orion. And better than the Anchor. But we now start comparing LMGs with different usage profiles.

(Edit: I did some checking and it seems that, apart from Betelgeuse that has about 300 users (out of 6000 users of Orion), the best performing VS LMG is the SVA-88 still).
  11. Bankrotas

Emm.
    1. Never use daily, there is perfect monthly weapon performance sheet just a click away.
    2. I wrote and I quote "as far as I heard", since lot's of people complain about SVA-88. Which is more from subjective people perspective rather than statistical performance.
    3. Well you were comparing Anchor to Orion just before :), Anchor performs in same role as SVA-88, which is close to medium range allrounder.
  12. Isokon

The daily average numbers are not for a single day, but for a time span of, by default, almost two months.
  13. Rasatan

hehe indeed it was my original idea when i started these videos, but its not all like it looks like, some guns got hard downside.
  14. Rasatan

i really dont like to compare different guns, cause its a question to play right playstile with right gun.
  15. Xasapis

I wasn't the one making the comparison. Though to be fair, both are LMGs, so we're talking about weapons of the same type.
  16. Rasatan

yes u are right about LMG, but i try not to compare different factions to avoid flamming, i just prefer to think about different playstiles, i play all factions and i have to admit i play each one with its own playstyle, similar but each faction got its downside and overpower at right moments.
  17. Saool

It is strange isn't it. Especially as all the stats proove otherwise. Can't quite put my finger on what is wrong here... Oh wait...
  18. Sobdude

Even this video shows not impressive TTK of Anchor. I can drop people at 1.5 time faster with Orion and CARV. Really.
    But i have one more thing to show you, which proves that all this talks around Anchor is just a placebo effect.
    Lets start with the question. What do you think about GD-22S?
    Most of you will say something like: "mediocre gun", "Anchor is better than GD-22S" etc.
    OK.

To the stats:
    [IMG]

Suddenly! ;)
    Almost at every position Anchor is worse than GD-22S. And even this 3.83% lower ROF can be counted towards better stability of GD-22S.
    I wonder what will you say now.
    • Up x 1
  19. AlCohonez

Anchor is a straight upgrade from GD-22S as a CQC LMG:

- soft-point ammo (and 3.83% higher RoF as you know) vs no ammo options
    - advanced laser sight vs laser sight
    - one sided horizontal recoil, vs two sided 'jumping' recoil,

GD-22s is better as a medium range gun and is meant to be burst-fired so you see improved first shot multiplier, recoil decrease and min/max angle and the slighly slower RoF, which aren't needed for CQC

However, if you plan on going mid range as NC than grab EM6 or SAW, high velocity ammo, advanced grips, more ammo per clip, just better. So saying that GD-22s is bad is kinda true, since it sits in-between guns which are better at one or the other, still a good option for new players that can't handle the SAW and want a decent gun for 250 certs. TBH I would make it (or EM6) the starting gun for NC HA.
    • Up x 1
  20. phreec

Nice vid. Had a hard time going back to the Anchor after getting used to the GD-22S reload.

Also a bit of playstyle feedback; work on your crosshair placement. You're often aiming at the ground instead of head/torso level when moving about.