[Suggestion] Bailing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brad seven, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Brad seven

So I've been getting a little annoyed lately while flying my mossy. 90% of the time when I shoot down an enemy scythe, or reaver. The pilot, instead of dying with the ship instead jumps out and most of the time redeploys before he hits the ground. This is a very poor gameplay mechanic, If soe allows this to happen then why not just make the redeploy button instant instead of having to wait ten seconds? The latest experience that brought me here was after fighting against a known ace pilot on emerald, I was able to get the jump on him and bring his health down to the red. But he bailed like a coward and redeployed after landing safely as a light assault.
    Here are several options fix this issue :
    • Make the redeploy timer longer (up to a minute maybe?)
    • Make redeploying give a kill to the last person who damaged the player
    • make a timer like redeploying for exiting an esf or other vehicles
    • disable light assault jet packs when entering an aircraft (except for galaxies and valkyries)
    I know that you get kills towards your metals for destroying the aircraft itself, but It's still not the same as killing the actual pilot. If I wanted to do that then I would go into VR training
    Any other Ideas would be appreciated.
    • Up x 3
  2. Leftconsin

It is a lot better than in Battlefield 1942 when you wouldn't even get kill credit for plane or player if they bail. Honestly, I'm fine with just getting the kill credit off the ESF itself.
    • Up x 2
  3. Sebastien

you mean, he bailed like someone that doesn't want to die
    • Up x 18
  4. miraculousmouse

Lol this. OP if you're a coyote/a2am user you have no room to speak.
    • Up x 1
  5. BlueSkies

I can't remember how long it lasted... but I seem to recall a period in PS1 where once your plane took X amount of damage you lost control of the plane and couldn't bail. This was, as I recall, a mechanic introduced because of complaints like the OP. It was also a mechanic that was viewed as incredibly lame. So... I would lean towards not changing the LA mechanics for pilots.

That being said... I don't see why redeploy couldn't have 20-30 second timer.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pelojian

ideas

*add a couple or more minutes penalty to activating redeploy after exiting a vehicle.
    *change light assault jetpacks so they produce less thrust at near flight ceiling altitudes and consume more fuel at that height.
  7. Siilk

Hardly a problem. Outside of directive grinding or K/D e-p33n stroking there is absolutely no problem in not getting a pilot kill after the vehicle destruction. Leaving a badly damaged vehicle is a legit thing, so if pilot sacrifices the (sometimes life-saving) ability of being able to repair his own vehicle to pilot as an LA instead of engie or drops a radar/fire suppression/flares for an ejection seat, I can't see a problem in him being able to bail out. I mean seriously, are you expect everyone to sit tight in their vehicle so that you will get your kill reward? What's next, banning people who seek cover to hide from your bullets?
    • Up x 2
  8. Rovertoo

Could this... could this be the solution to redeploy-side?
    • Up x 1
  9. STR1D3R109

It wouldn't be a solution as being in an outfit that redeploys after every base cap, we'd just click redeploy earlier (instead of 9 seconds to cap, do it at 19 seconds.)

In terms of bailing, you get a kill for destroying the ESF so yeah, if they want to bail like a coward then they can go ahead.. lol
  10. andy_m

No.

As for bailing. So what? I don't even fly an aircraft, and I shoot down mozzies and scythes, but I don't really care whether or not I get the kill, as long as I stop the ESF farming my team mates.
  11. WUNDER8AR

Ye it's quite frustrating. I admit I did it myself but I realized how lame it is so I'm flying as engi now and I'll go down with my ship. It's the standard meta for all vehicles but I don't see it as a problem on the ground because when you bail on the ground you are a rather easy target. Not so when you bail in the air. As a medium skill pilot I have next to no chance to score a couple of actual player kills in the air even if I manage to destroy plenty of aircraft because bailors are very difficult to hit and as said in the OP, the vast majority of pilots baildeploy before their plane explodes. ACEs can shoot you midair but as medium skill let alone novice pilot all you can do in order to get a couple of actual player kills is farm the ground. gg
  12. Xasapis

Two words ... drifter jets.

Redeploy is for those who care about their K/D.

/suicide is faster.
    • Up x 2
  13. thingymajigy

If you don't have the skill to go after the light assault and kill him/her then you don't deserve the kill.

Also, considering you "got the jump on him", he has every right to act "cowardly".
    • Up x 1
  14. thingymajigy

15. DrPapaPenguin

Of course I'll bail if my craft is burning. Why would I feed the enemy an extra kill and XP?
    • Up x 1
  16. Rentago

or they can reinstate the planetside rule of, "if you are in the red your ejection system/door malfunctions unless you land or come to a complete stop to exit"

it makes sense since your vehicle is so beaten up at that point.
    • Up x 3
  17. Goretzu

The problem is most if not all of the options to address this tend to have other factors.

The best one I can think of is you can't start a redeploy whilst airbourne, but this might annoy people that are unfortunate enough to fall through the world.
  18. barunedpat

Directives and ribbons require kills. When a player abuses the game mechanics he denies his opponents the kills, forcing them to go farm infantry instead. Air vs Air is as reward as picking your nose in a nuclear facility. Atleast it have gotten 1-2% better the last months.
  19. MaRyuu

stupid idea: DISABLE redeploy
    fixes bailing out because you'll have to suicide or jog to closest base
    promotes using transport vehicles
  20. Haquim

Yes, this is one kind behavior that really pisses me off too.
    I'm only slightly above average, but I am still trying to get aurax on my stuff. Denying me the points I worked for is pretty infuriating, especially since there are some weapons that are ONLY effective against aircraft. At the moment im trying to get kills on the Tomcats (which, by the way, I find to be horribly inefficient), its HELL to get even to gold medal.
    People that have wingmen and fly in triplets (which I can't, I've got no buddys that are pilots) and still bail as soon as they might get killed - with drifters of course - and redeploy before they hit the ground really infuriate me.
    You might see me bailing, but that is a nosedive to the ground and trying to reduce my momentum enough to survive leaving the aircraft - as an engineer! Not a jetpack assisted mid-air redeploy of pseudo MLG-ness.

But fear not. I think the solution is actually very simple. Redeploy is meant to get you from place to place, not save your K/D by redeploying in the middle of a fight. It already gets interrupted if you deal damage or receive some.
    Simply take it one step further - you can't redeploy while you are moving. Only with both feet planted on solid ground.
    Redeploy still does what it should, and the only guys hurting are those that want to redeploy OUT of a fight.
    Well, I suppose Infiltrators could still do it with their cloak, but Infiltrators vanishing at least makes some kind of sense.