[Suggestion] More class based Flash Abilities!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EGuardian1, Oct 22, 2014.

1. EGuardian1

Wouldn't you love it if you - a Light Assault, could use your jetpack on the Flash to get that little extra OOOMPH in your crazy yoloswag jump? What about as a Heavy, deploy your shield on the front of the Flash to give it enough health to take ONE rocket?

Engineers could have a mini vehicle repair station or ammo station, while Medics can have a large radius heal ability.

What say you forumsiders? I'm sure I can't be the first one to think of this and how AWESOME it would make the Flash!
    • Up x 8
  2. Ranik

Small engineer repair bubble. That'd be interesting.
  3. Dieter Perras

That light assault idea, yep I definitely need more was to suicide :D
  4. EGuardian1

Imagine jumping off Howling Pass and landing by Mao.
  5. ajma

Sounds cool, but turbo and LA jetpack ability kind of overlap.
  6. EGuardian1

not exactly. Turbo makes you go faster, but doesn't give you any vertical lift unless you're pointging upwards. I'm talking being able to traverse those bumps on Indar hills without having to bound up and down, up and down....

Give turbo an additional 30% vertical lift when enabled. I'd buy it in a HEARTBEAT.
  7. STR1D3R109

The medic already has triage, so just give that a buff and where good for that! xD

The engineer should make the seats bigger for Maxes.. heh
  8. Cest7

LA Flash Ejection seat!!!!!
    • Up x 2
  9. Nitrobudyn

We actually have this already on live server and every class (except MAX) can use it. The only problem is that the triggering is not consistent.
  10. Rikkit

watchout it would be ... wait you can't cloak, ok you can get this
  11. Demigan

Wonderful idea. It's rather unfair that the Infiltrator has the best option for the flash, making the cloak flash with fury the best available to all.

i've seen some people use turbo to get their LA to some tanks, but C4 fairying and using just 50 resources for a solid vehicle are two different things.
  12. Ixidron

Check my signature for more stuff:

Class specific utilities:

Light Assault: Thrusters, like jumpjets but for the flash, they'll make the flash more adaptable to combat environments.

Heavy Assault: Frontal shield, an unidirectional shield you can toggle (F), big enough to cover a few allies, it can stop some bullets, but explosives will bring it down, non-sticky grenades will bounce back, it can also be deployed (B) to create a bubble shield.

Medic: AOE heal you can toggle (F), also comes with a deploy mode (B) that creates a shield repair station.

Engineer: Ammo dispenser, for both infantry and vehicles, but it's less efficient compared to an ammo sunderer and it has less radius, comes with a deploy mode (B) that will make it a repair station, being able to repair vehicles and MAXes at half the rate of the repair tool.
  13. Cest7

Does it give vertical lift or does it just inherit the momentum? Never tried/knew about the ejection seat :S I never flash
  14. EGuardian1

*headdesk* He's talking about the Ejection bug in vehicles :p You exit the vehicle and you get deposited like 100m in the air if not more. IT's actually hilarious but nobody knows quite what triggers it. (i wish I did, i'd use it all the time.)
    • Up x 1
  15. Dracorean

I heard this idea before, frankly I like the concept.
  16. Cest7

OOoooh damn got me good >_<
  17. Schizomatic

Well, that'd solve the problem of having to get off a Flash to resupply or repair someone, given that the Flash is inevitably going to keep going in whichever direction it was going like it has a deadman's throttle.
  18. Whatupwidat

Naw, the flash is wank and shouldn't be in the game. Or if it has to be, then it shouldn't have a gun.
    • Up x 1