[Suggestion] NC15 Phoenix Rocket Self-Destruct

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meir33, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Meir33

• Up x 1
  2. ColonelChingles

I think you can press "E" to leave your rocket?
    • Up x 1
  3. CorporalClegg

Its so easy to shoot down that i feel people that die to it should be elligible for the darwin awards.

Plus only 1/2 the rockets even fire right now.

It needs a serious buff or at least functionalitiy. I feel bad for people i kill with it.... Its like punching a vegetable
    • Up x 1
  4. Meir33

what I'm talking about is having is having the self destruct be automatically bound to mouse1 while flying the rocket so that if you slightly miss the hitting target with the rocket you can self destruct the rocket and still hit with the splash damage
    • Up x 1
  5. CorporalClegg

Why? It has very little splash damage. Of all things to not like about the pheonix, you choose this?
  6. Meir33

But at least you are doing some damage rather than no damage even if that damage is small
    • Up x 1
  7. CorporalClegg

Whatever pal. Id rather 50% of my rockets not dud fire into the ground instead of getting a 20 damage splash ability.
  8. Meir33

Did I ever say they shouldn't fix the bug where the rocket dud fires, I'm suggesting that this idea be added to the launcher
  9. Killuminati C

Like Chingles said, you're better off just hitting E and moving on to the next rocket. Why not try again for a full damage shot?

I had the Pheonix for 2 months before I read on the forums that I didn't have to crash the damn thing into the ground to exit the launch screen...
  10. BobSanders123

It should have an afterburner for the rocket increasing velocity by 35%, but it lowers your turning speed by 75% while engaged. It should also be passive and not an attachment.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nehlis

I'd rather it have a fuel gauge, since the distance tracker isn't so reliable. If you turn the rocket the entire way it will explode well before 200 meters on the screen is reached.
  12. Demigan

As people said, hit "E"

Also, when you press "E" your rocket will start dropping like a stone. You can use this in case your target is too far below you to steer there, the massive drop has gotten me a few hits that I would never have had otherwise.

One last thing, self destructing would only work against infantry, not tanks which is his primary target. I don't think they will change that.
    • Up x 1
  13. Pikachu

The splash damage is so low its pointless.
  14. Pikachu

Pressing E doesntt make the rocket airburst. It just exits the camera.
  15. ColonelChingles

There's not much point in airbursting when:
    1) Splash doesn't affect armored vehicles anyways
    2) Splash is limited to 100 damage within 2m... which would be like trying to use the splash damage on the Enforcer to kill someone

The only practical benefit to "airbursting" a Phoenix is to start your reload cycle a bit earlier... something which pressing E accomplishes.
  16. Demigan

That's exactly what I said. It exits the camera, then the rocket instantly starts dropping like a stone.
  17. Pikachu

Wh
    Which is what I said earlier.
  18. Pikachu

Dropping=/=exploding
  19. Predator01cz

As all the people above stated.. The splash damage on a Phoenix is close to non-existent

Really this rocket needs more of something like afterburner that makes the rocket go faster but unable to steer. Or make the rocket continue on it's ballistic curve when reaching the 300m limit..

I understand that you can remotely control the rocket only up to 300m, but it really grinds my gears that the rocket just disintegrates at 300m mark

Also pressing E when shooting at stationary targets (letting the rocket continue on the target when the hit is inevitable) is useful to slightly increase your DPS.
    Another thing I do is when I shoot from a friendly deployed sundy is I switch do my secondary (that stops the reload animation) tap E-E on the sundy terminal, switch back to phenix... This is faster than the whole reload time on the Pheonix.. Again slightly increasing your DPS on a RL with the worst DPS in game.

Note that this only works when your latency is reasonable and you don't have to wait 3 seconds to enter the terminal.
  20. TriumphantJelly