PPA changes vs. other AI secondaries

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liberty, Oct 15, 2014.

1. minhalexus

Just saying for those who are going to comment from here onwards, the PPA got altered one day after this video (by Liberty) was recorded.

2. ComradeHavoc

Canister is lovely to do Infantry killing passes, such as when there's an enemy deployed sundy, problem is it's a bloody shotgun on a Go-Kart. You have to put yourself at extreme risk compared to... the PPA *cough*.
  3. Jetlag

Want to explain to me why you were able to adjust for cone reset on the saron but not the vulcan.
    If you want to make a fair comparison you need to go try again.
    • Up x 3
  4. Nehlis

I gotta agree, if you're going to full auto a vulcan, you're going to have to full auto the saron at least. Or burst fire the vulcan and let the CoF reset, otherwise it's heavily biased.
    Enforcer FTW by the way.
    • Up x 2
  5. sindz

No its really not. Its performing on par with the PPA right now on the harasser.
  6. sindz

And you can actually look at all the graphs I posted - which says it all.
  7. Hegeteus

I am sane. Thus your invalid is argument
  8. rsonny

He misses when firing single-round. Too high COF
  9. WTSherman

It's also an old video: the Vulcan's CoF has already been buffed since then. Notice it has the old cross sight, instead of the new circle sight.
  10. Xasapis

Is ok, these days you'll do the same pass with the PPA and kill nobody ;)
  11. ComradeHavoc

These days I play on content updates for about a week. But I guess we're all in the same hole now.
  12. Xasapis

Well, tbh, due to various deals, I'm spending very little time on PS2 and the bulk of my time on Farcry 4, Alien Isolation, BF4, Dragon Age Inquisitor and some other games I didn't want to buy full price and picked at a discount.
  13. ComradeHavoc

Arma 3 Star citizen master reese's
  14. Isokon

[IMG]
  15. Alan Kalane

Lol two days ago I went on an insane kill streak with marauder , ended up with 8.6 K/D ( I had 2.0 before ) and lots and lots of kills in a short time. This weapon is a beast if used correctly.
    Cannister is not so bad now, I prefer marauder actually because I can aim well but cannister is more noob-friendly and offers better defense from C4 faries (tested) and enemy harassers
    PPA is finally brought to it's place if you asked me, but I like it when VS complains cuz I can drink their tears all day long.
    [IMG]
    VS tears taste best served cold
  16. FieldMarshall

When linking statistics to show how badass marauder is performing, dont forget to list burst carbine variant charts.
  17. Xasapis

Your point? Burst carbines are frigging rail guns.
  18. TriumphantJelly

"There are no plans for PPA adjustments at this time."

-RadarX

I... Just why? Most weapons or abilities have a purpose, but why would you ever use the PPA, the ZOE or the, IDK, NC/TR stupidly bad stuff? And no plans to change them?

:(
    • Up x 2
  19. Champagon

I know this is a semi-Necroed thread. But the PPA is useless, everyone knows it. And it is now another giant elephant in the room next to the first elephant (ZOE). It won't be changed so best get used to it. I named my elephant. His name is "Cert Disposal"
    • Up x 4
  20. asmodraxus

Seeing as the devs have stated that they have no plans to adjust/fix/change the PPA

Can we please instead do what the other empires requested in the fist place get some parity in the AI weapons, if that means putting the canister and the marauder back in the useless weapon box so be it. They now need nerfing to the PPA's mediocrity.

Or we can assume that said person spoke before all the stats came in and FIX the weapon so it is somewhat useful instead of only useful against the odd afk non cloaked infil on half health.