Traitors R Us

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bitterclaw2, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Bitterclaw2

Well, as an Outfit, we finally decided enough was enough and we have abandoned our BR 28 to BR 100 toons from TR and done what SoE seems to want everyone to do, we have all started afresh as Vanu.

We were absolutely fed up with not winning Alerts, getting zerged at almost every base we attempted to attack or defend, and for some reason TR always seemed to be low pop and unable to defend all the bases on both NC and VS fronts while VS in particular kept whatever TR were available in a long battle for one base and the rest of the VS romping through the map. We just couldn't muster enough people to defend all along our fronts.

I have no idea what the mentality of the NC is, they can see that VS are over running the map, but NC still insist on attacking TR instead of trying to stop VS in their tracks. Just today, the alert is still ongoing, and TR are down to just 5 bases, NC and VS appear to be neck and neck for territory, but instead of fighting each other they still insist on both attacking whatever TR bases are left.

Well, this outfit is now BR16 Vanu, working well together and reaping in the Certs and XP. Thank you SoE, NC and TR for making us see the light.
    • Up x 1
  2. Prudentia

oh thats nice. any one remember back in the days, when VS was even more underpop than currently (well it's really close to balance atm but we'll see how the PPA nerf turns out) and it switched monthly between "NCside" and Terranside?
    oh the good old time of 23% world wide Vanupop. how i miss you, all the xp boni and the communication. now there are just zergfits left and everyone screams at everyone instead of shouting at one faction at a time.
    while we are on it: can i have my prenerf lasher back?
    • Up x 11
  3. TheMish

The NC mentality? Same as TR.

Fight anyone not VS, because if you fight VS, you will lose. They're unstoppable.
  4. gunnner10

Well, welcome to VS. Funny thing is, I've thought about heading over to NC, because that's what I thought Higby would want all players to do :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Draczar

It's funny because right now the VS on Miller have been pretty much warpgated on both Indar and Esamir for most of the day while being farmed by TR and NC, despite the fact that populations are equal.

But no, Vanu are clearly so OP they are unstoppable and no amount of organisation or spam weapons of your own will outmatch the PPA.

The PPA is only really used for base camp situations, and usually when it's at that stage you've lost already and all you're doing is running out to die.
    • Up x 2
  6. BadApple

That's to bad. Personally I find the TR to be more of a challenge than the VS. Now to think of it I did notice quite a few low level VS last night.
  7. Huishe

If you ever think about coming back, our commissars will welcome you with shot to the head. Traitors belong elsewhere!
    • Up x 4
  8. AFK1

I can explain the NC mentality perfectly for you:

Avoid the Vanu

NC "insists" on fighting the TR, because NC can win against the TR
    • Up x 1
  9. Iridar51

Spandex guys are so ugly that the only way lots of people will play them if they're overpowered.
  10. libbmaster

That's really pathetic.

SOE "made" you do this? The TR and NC "made" you do this?

I couldn't have made a more passive-aggressive, caustic, sarcastic thread if I tried.
    • Up x 3
  11. BlueSkies

Just wait for the follow up, where the whole outfit rerolls to Twitch Spectator mode.
    • Up x 2
  12. AlCohonez

Zergs on the NC side doesn't bother about alerts, they care about certs, like any self-respecting capitalists do.
    • Up x 3
  13. Brainpan

You're not fighting like TR! Keep it together! You have failed the Republic...

All kidding aside, if it is burning you out, try another faction for a while. Hell, try out all three factions to broaden your mind's view. Take a break and come back to TR later. You start with three character slots for a reason.
    • Up x 2
  14. Draeris

Welcome to the Vanu I guess?

The only reason I switched from the Terran Republic to the Vanu is because my friends had high level characters on the Vanu, and I came to Planetside 2 to play with them after all. However I personally did not notice any form of new superiority present since we play as Vanu troops, the NC r*ped us several times and we are losing to the TR at some fronts @ Miller EU. I am sure that the massive land we currently posses will be reclaimed, and that people like you suddenly have no righteous feelings to claim that the NC or TR are OP because they are winning so much! Ohh well.
  15. Hatesphere

man i love when people display defeatist attitudes but blame it on the company making the game.
    • Up x 5
  16. MedecineMan

Ugh, whatever happened to loyalty to the faction? I picked and stuck with NC entirely because of the backstory and lore, not because my K/D wasn't good enough and I didnt win all the alerts.

SMH
    • Up x 2
  17. Schizomatic

There just came a point where the NC mass stupidity was just too much to bear. TR was a nice compromise. Maybe after the VS is cowed we can try to change the NC, but one step at a time.
  18. DatVanuMan

Tell me more...
    PLEASE.
  19. Hatesphere

i persoanly like to play for the underdog, its why i switched from VS to TR after the merge.
    • Up x 2
  20. t31os

What's your new chars name? I'll be sure to make you a priority target for my hug gun!
    • Up x 1