Underbarrel Grenade Launcher/Lasher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SuperTrooperWaterloo, Oct 16, 2014.

1. SuperTrooperWaterloo

Mby i missed some patchnotes or its a bug but i cant resupply my underbarrel grenade launcher with engi supply.

I know the days this thing was the infantry vs infantry farmer #1 but now i die to a 150 round lasher aoe in 90% instead of this attachment.

If i get a vehicle or a max i can spam aoe weapons until i die and then its gone. At least such weapons have only a few rounds and need long reload times.

In every zerg vs vanu i see at least one guy spamming a traffic bottleneck points with a lasher. Could you make this weapon resupply at terminals (incl. sundys) only? The weapon and dmg is fine but the 24/7 spam hurts a lot and is just annoying. Cant enter a room without losing my complete shield before i see an enemy.

If im not the only NC/TR this could be a thing we can talk about.
  2. BlueSkies

wait... are you complaining about reload issues or lasher spam?
  3. SuperTrooperWaterloo

both, once my 1/1 nades are gone i cant reload them except at terminals... and i feel like lashers outperform the barrel nades with their 24/7 spam.
    dont get me wrong the weapon is fine but those people using it to spam one point 5 minutes with an engi supply until a base is theirs is really annoying.
  4. Leer

Lasher does so little damage and is easy to see making avoiding it fairly simple. It is also a great arrow to a quick an easy kill. Just follow the little glowing path back to the victim.

Under barrel should reload from the ammo pack, it is just slow now.
  5. KenDelta

Someone complaining about the lasher , WOW :eek:
    • Up x 8
  6. SuperTrooperWaterloo

I know its easy to locate the gunner. The problem is only in zergs, spamming the only entrance the atackers/defenders have to a room

Yes the reload was always slow, like you would wait for another Decimator rocket to resupply. But if you can still reload i think mine is a bug. I have to go to a terminal once mine´s empty.
    I´ll just make a vid and report the bug.
  7. Ronin Oni

You wot m8?

Sure, and JackHammers and MCG's can't reload either.

FFS

PS: They DO resupply, just very very very slowly (slow enough it could well be faster to run to a term and back lol)

EDIT: Actually, they MAY have removed the ability to resupply your OWN underbarrel... you try sitting on a friendlies?
  8. LIKE A BOSS!

Lasher? Spam? Made me laugh you can have the POS. I die more to Phasesh1t than I do to the lasher.
  9. Schizomatic

Ah, the green arrow of Doomity Doom...
  10. DxAdder

The re-load bug is back for under barrel attachments (Smoke/Nades) this fixed this along time ago but it has returned.

BTW the Lasher does 230 damage @10m /180@65m per shot, so it actually does damage
    • Up x 2
  11. Ronin Oni

Those are DIRECT HITS.

Splash damage is pretty low

It also has a low ROF. It has a terrible TTK for 1v1's.
    • Up x 2
  12. dezusa

I think theres a bug on the 'nade launchers, there was one event where i was spamming smoke nades on my solstice SF, but it wont
    resupply even though im standing on my own ammo box o_O
  13. Octoknight

INB4 Lasher velocity nerf, ROF buff and 12 ammo per mag.
    Edit: Oh and no direct damage
    • Up x 1
  14. radrussian2

have the same issue. pretty annoying. shut up about the lasher. noone complains about the chaingun which is actually really useful unlike the lasher.
  15. Ripshaft

Reporting a bug:
    1. Use the search function to check if this bug has been reported yet. Reposting the same issue reduces visibility for other important bugs.
    2. If there's no existing post on the issue, start a thread;
      • The thread should be in the Gameplay Bugs supforum, not in tech support, GD, or vehicle/class subforums.
      • Describe one specific bug, not a general problem or observation.
      • Describe the bug clearly and concisely, including instruction on how to reproduce the bug if applicable.
      • Stay on topic - do not include information or discourse not related to the bug
      • Pictures or Video of the bug are highly encouraged
    3. Post the thread.
    4. Check the PS2 Community Issue Tracker to see if your bug is listed
    5. If there's no mention of the bug on the tracker, create a new entry for the bug using the clear, concise explanation you gave in your thread.
    6. You're done for now, put it out of your mind for now. Provided you've described an actual bug, you've done all you can to ensure it gets fixed.
  16. nehylen

The lasher was the only weapon which ever induced rage on me: opposing NC just logged to VS to TK me, after cursing on the yell channel.
    It's not powerful at all, it does lots of team damage (or even self inflicted in CQC), yet it can be REALLY annoying!
  17. Octoknight

Now I don't think Lasher is op...but the havoc it can cause against infiltrators...is just...so...overly powerful o_O
  18. MrJengles

Ha! Reading the thread's title, I wondered whether the OP was going to suggest an under-barrel Lasher.
  19. Vixxing

WOHOOOO!!! Finally someone that whines about Lasher! (other than VS that is!)
    PlZ! ALZO NURF PHASESHIFT AND SPIKER! (apparently someone died laughing at them!)
    • Up x 2
  20. SuperTrooperWaterloo

with all the replys now i know its a bug and ill post some vids for the bug forum witth the reload issues.
    but for your answer its still a difference to hit enemys with 200 round with "line of sight" inseatd of 150 round AOE you can spam on the ground to prevent infantry approaching before they see you.