Alpha-pack/2+yrs players - how many of you still playing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fabien, Oct 15, 2014.

1. OldCuban

Still here since beta!
  2. Spiritualised

Here since Beta, but starting to go off the boil with it. Currently spending more time in beta for the return of a space game I used to play back in the day on a zx81. Although PS2 isnt without its faults, I still feel its more like the game a certain other well known combined arms shooter should have been. Overall Ive really enjoyed my time with this game.
  3. Shoes

On and off since Alpha Squad.
  4. firewolf

I have been here since beta. Don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
  5. Flag

August 2012, checking in.
  6. YourNameOnRice

Played PS1 for 6+ years. Here since beta. Bought into Alpha Squad and have been an Auraxium member for 1.5 years now. Love playing the game and having the membership.
  7. Leer

Played in Beta, purchased Alpha and a membership from day 1.

All because TR is so evil, red, utterly OP, filled with cheaters, and uhh have funny hats that I need to stay around and shoot them.

EDIT: Shoot at them. They are slippery criminals and I start missing after a few beers-eh!
  8. Timithos

I started in Alpha/Technical Test, and am still here. I've also been playing since 2003 in PS1. I login to get certs almost every day, and I login to play a character or two most days. I don't play fps games. No new CoD or BF arena shooter can ever draw me into that past-gen arena crap.

I paid for Alpha Squad and then unsubbed after lattice along with spawn camping, bad base defesne, bugs, and lack of QoL improvements. I'm not paying yet until a whole slew of leadership features get put into the game, and more QoL. I'm also not recruiting for The Renegades until then either. I'm really liking the continued improvements of the game - capture point bonuses being one of the last ones. I like what d.carey has been able to do so far. I look forward to getting an SOE All Access Pass soon hopefully.
  9. Corporate Thug

Was on break for a few months, not knowing if I would return but I did and I'm still here. There were enough changes since July to warrant a "replay" of this game, so far so good. PS2 will always be a great game, though time off every now and then is a requirement to keep one's faith in it.
  10. LucioS

Here since beta, love making new charecters and getting that Alpha boost.

The main things that keep me here are my love of games with deep teamwork and multi vehicle combat.

While Battlefield offers some of this, it's strengths are in areas that PS2 lacks, it's weaknessses are where PS2 shines.

The other major thing that keeps me playing is it's uniqe format. Eve is the closest game I can compare to PS2. Persistent combat not round base massive player counts, fairly complex command and logostics. Eve obviously is more complex but there are only a handful of FPS games as complex as planetside when your leading a platoon, and most of those games are neich like PS2, and none have the scale.

Warhammer 40k: Eternal crusade is the closest competitor I can see coming out, and even that doesn't have the same amount of vehicles it's mostly a masive infantry game which is what Warhammer is all about, but the melee combat already looks amazing.

If Starwars: Battlefront by DICE bring 128-256 player count and maps that aren't fish bowls there may competition from them as well, but I don't see that happening, plus they have to make up for the first year of BF4.

So while PS2 might wain in numbers I don't see it being repalced for me. BF4 is now more playable but it just scratches a different itch.
  11. Valok

Been here since tech test day 1. (Man I'm getting old..)
  12. ThreePi

Alpha Squad as well. Early on I was sharing time between this, Tribes: Ascend, and MechWarrior Online. But now I only really play PS2. Played a little bit of BF4, but that game was just not good. Such a far cry from how great BF2 was.
  13. Foreman Joe

I'm still here, played since launch of the game, then lost interest in it and for about a year I didn't play at all, maybe just a few times, but now I'm here again (since August).

I'm also an old EVE player and also feel this way. For me personally Planetside is somewhere between EVE and games like WoW (I mean instant PvP there and RPG elements that Planetside has too) - because in EVE I love epic huge battles and tactical gameplay in alliance fleets - much like in a good platoon, but it requires a lot of time which I don't have anymore since I got a kid. Planetside gives all that epic feel and great battles instantly - you have an hour or two, you log in, bam you're fighting in 100 vs 100.
  14. Loken

Still here. Tech Test, Beta and Alpha squaddie.
  15. Ronin Oni

You try classic mode yet?

Makes it a lot better IMO

Doesn't remove lockons of course, but no 3d spotting, hud on, and normal health plays a lot better
  16. Evilsooty

Bought the Alpha Squad and have been playing ever since. Brilliant game!
  17. Cuze

I bought Alpha Squad and I still play.
  18. Canno

Since early access/alpha/whatever.. not playing as much as I used to
  19. Selrahc4040

Still here, still TR.
  20. Tona

Since beta and also bought alpha squad!