October: A Month of Promise?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DatVanuMan, Oct 13, 2014.

1. DrPapaPenguin

Don't hold your breath guys, it's SOE. Delivering on schedule is not their MO.
    • Up x 1
  2. Haquim

No matter how long you charge that thing, an AI weapon that an OHK is already bad if it doesnt have a huge drawback (Shotguns little range, SniperRifles - only HS and requires patience and aim).
    An OHK SIDEARM would be riddiculously OP - especially seeing that this 650dmg crossbow was specifically given a HS-multiplier so it would only OHK infiltrators on HS.
  3. Andy04

This is nothing to really be hyped about to be honest they are just miner changes nothing NEW as such just fixing broken stuff...
    Not game changing at all so why the big HYPE! ?
    • Up x 2
  4. SeanFree

I know, it's so absurd for me to want the class I play to have access to grenades that are as good as nades that render my opponents almost completely useless, making a 1 on 1 fight a complete joke. You know you're better than your opponent when you rely on multiple crutches to kill them, right?
  5. Pikachu

What kind of strange hype thread is this? o_O I don't see anything interesting coming this year.
    • Up x 1
  6. TraatAdmiral

Promises, not promise. It's a month of promises, like September, and August, and July, and like all of those months SOE will fail to make good on them.
    • Up x 2
  7. FocusLight

More crying about another class' abilities. Predictable.

You do know that flash grenades render a player completely blind for a time right? You can't see you and don't know where to shoot, you realize that right?

You may also recall that LA's can attack from multiple angles that no other class can? And can C4 you from above at any time? And can move around faster than anyone else and are thus the best flankers and ambushers?

If you think HA is OP or LA is UP based solely on who has conc nades then I got little more to offer you than the ridicule you just got.

But by all means, DON'T try and adapt to your class, and by all means, keep crying some more. Meanwhile I'll take full use of the abilities of the class I play while I play it because you definition of "crutches" and who is and who is not "skilled" for following or not following your specific code of E-honor is worthless to me.
  8. LodeTria

They don't move faster than anyone else unless they have pump equipped, but infiltrators have that too now (I dunno anyone who other than me who uses it on either class though). Their flanking abilities come from the jetpack not their movement speed.
  9. FocusLight

Did I mention exactly how they do that? No?

The fact that you have a jet-pack makes you faster than anyone else by default. You can get up to and over what everyone else have to go around. Your mobility is unchallenged, if more LA users would kindly start using it to it's full effect we might have less whiners about the supposedly OP nature of whatever other class they want to cry about.
  10. Nogrim313

October: A Month of Promise?

or in SOE speak a month we will make a bunch of promises, then mid month delete the road map and delay everything for 3-4 months if we even bother talking about it again while we half *** some new feature no one ever asked for.
    • Up x 1
  11. DatVanuMan

Tribes Ascend style, man. A little "video" section that displays the most recent or popular videos regarding the game's mechanics. That would really help out in making the player base more professional.
  12. AdmiralArcher

current frag grenades bounce WAY too much, AV grenades either dont bounce, or bounce once or twice
  13. DatVanuMan

Sums it up pretty well, man. That shouldn't be the case; after centuries of developing grenades, don't you think the factions would have perfected the arts of making them as stable as possible? And why is it that AV grenades (OR EVERY SINGLE NS GRENADE) look SO modern?
  14. AdmiralArcher

they look the same because they are NS and NS makes things cheap but effective
  15. DatVanuMan

Wal-mart!
    Of the 30th century...
  16. Sghignifiss

Woah, I've been away for a while hoping for an improvement in the near future. Today I come back here and see that players now call "amazing changes" some insignificant weapon stat changes and some less than insignificant text messages poppin out here and there.

This tells me a lot. I'll come back in a month or two to see on what players will get excited, just to have a laugh :D .
  17. Astriania

Balance updates are nice but we really need resource phase 2 and I wish they'd prioritise that (and continental lattice too).
    • Up x 1
  18. Pikachu

19. Nogrim313

i was wrong at least its something we've been asking for since launch (aka auto turrets)
  20. DatVanuMan

As long as they're not insanely OP, then sure, let the Engineer achieve uniqueness!