Whinning slowly kills this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moonheart, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonheart

So, today, we learned the long time pending/due/predictable/fearer PPA nerf announced.

I don't play PPA. I'm also Vanu, so I don't fight against PPA either. So you can say that I'm neutral regarding it.
    I have no opinion about if the weapon was overperforming or not, and I do not wish to open a thread to aruge about it... so please, if you want argue about this, there are threads around for that.

What I want to say about it, is I'm a bit sad that once again, players spent so much time crying and sobbing and blaming the first noticeable thing their faction doesn't have of their defeats... and finally once again succeeded to broke an unique ES weapon.

I love how each empire is different in PS2, but everytime, everytime, everytime an ES weapon works well, instead of encouraging SOE to do much more of that kind of things for every empire, people just cry cry cry cry endlessly until the ES item gets nerfed so hard that almost no one want to use it.
    If I listen people who looked at it, even some people of NC/TR, the nerf bat hit so hard the PPA that it is probably going to end like the ZOE previously... which is a lost.

Why don't people get more positive and say "hey, SOE, please make our ES weapons as good and original as the PPA" instead of "please nerf others" ?

Many people blamed SOE that the new ES pistols were weak and not much interesting... but look of what will have happened if they did good ES pistols: the most efficient one would have been cried against by the two other empire, for days, weeks, months, until they get nerfed.
    Damn, I play the Spiker as a MAIN weapon. This is the worst out of the three. But I like that feeling it works in a unique, original way. I'm not asking anyone to nerf the ScatMAX, or the Raven because I'm jaleous, and when I et killed by a repeater, I do not cry "sob sob sob that's so unfair, please SOE, more nerf!", or whatever else: I would like more VS weapons that work, not that TR and NC are made poorer in viable options... and I'd also like more NC weapons that work.. and more TR weapons that work!

That's not important if a given empire has a better ES for a weapon type. As long every empire has good ES weapons to shine with... that's the way each empire will become even more unique, and the choice of which you play meaningful... I dream of a day where VS will be so different of NC and TR that I would create TR and NC characters to discover with pleasure their specific advantages.

And I'm sad, that every time, players, instead of asking the game to be improved, ask it to be tuned down by nerfing a ES feature, just because they can't accept that an enemy empire has a speciality who make them more efficient in a given situation than them.

I do not want to play Cloneside 2. That is my current feeling.
    • Up x 3
  2. MykeMichail

Well stop whining then.
    • Up x 1
  3. Moonheart

4. TheBloodEagle

Whining has gone on since BETA.
  5. Canaris

Many people did, mostly VS but can you imagine how the battles would take place if everyone just sat back and spammed PPA or equivalent at each other instead of actually fighting? Sounds like a whole lot of fun right?.... o_O

I don't think anyone wants Cloneside but SOE creates the power creep problem themselves by releasing vastly imbalanced weapons in the first place. I'm sure they do sit around the table when trying to figure out who gets what new cool FOTM weapons and try to argue the pro's and con's of what will work and how this will be balanced. Then it seem they all have a bout of stupidity they throw stuff on the test server and say we "listen" to the feed back but always they release it to the live servers anyway without making suggested changes that are reasonable and throw on a quick "we'll fix it later" fob off and piss off almost two thirds of their player base.
    How many times they've done this I've lost count

Fair enough they obviously garner a huge amount of stats about the weapons from the live servers cos not many people play the test server. If they want this stuff tested out they should start holding some TS event or have a TS night every time there's a big change in the offing so it attracts people to the server so they can get their stats without making a mess of things on the Live server.
    • Up x 1
  6. DG-MOD-02

Please keep posts constructive as suggested within the SOE Forum Guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.