Pilots and Imaginary ESF Rules

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Tasp

If you let my galaxy ram you perhaps you should hang up your skyknight armor and go back to farming as a peasant.
  2. The Rogue Wolf

Check my signature for the real rules.
    • Up x 4
  3. BlueSkies

Rule #1: Kill the other guy before he kills you.
    Rule #2: See Rule #1

IOW... Mal: "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
    • Up x 1
  4. repinSniper

Please remember:

Not all experienced pilots think this way, and accept the game and players how they are. Not all pilots are elitist, but there are a good handful of outspoken ones, which as much as it may pain other people, still have a right to have a voice (no matter how illogical, simple-minded, misspelled, controversial, innovative, open-minded, or one sided, ect..) just as much as everyone else does.

When individuals dictate how to change the air game to have better synergy with the other aspects of the game just due to experience or skill, it does not make that statement cannon. Take what everyone says with a grain of salt, because everyone has a bias whether they want to admit it or not.
    • Up x 3
  5. Jaquecz

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. minhalexus

These rules keep the air-game fun.
    Fun =/= Winning

My outfit have similar rules for infantry too.
    In smaller pubby fights, my outfit members often let the enemy sundy live, just so the fun remains. We can easily destroy the enemy sundy by all means, but what's the fun in that?

Only place where I guess rules do not exist is in ground vehicles. In which, you can kill according to your load-out.
  7. Bobman23

This goes back to the original point though. Fun is subjective, and no one player's (or group of players) word is law. I don't have to do what you tell me to. I don't have to follow your rules. Don't get mad when people choose not to follow your rules, because you are not in a position of authority. (Not necessarily speaking to you personally, just to those who come up with this stuff.)

I have been chased across multiple continents, hunted down and killed, and then TK'd repeatedly for killing someone with the "wrong" weapon. Talk about ruining the fun.

And a lot of times fun and winning coincide nicely.
  8. Slavek

1. Want to duel 1v1, go to a secluded area. If you and an opponent duel in contested areas, expect and accept the fact that someone may interfere. Your risk, Your fault.

2. Someone uses coyotes/A2A on you, you kill them. If they come back, you kill them again. If they kill you, you get back up again and snuff them out for being "Cheap". But ******** about it only makes them win and makes you look like a tool.

3. If you limit yourself to a set of rules, you must also accept the fact that this game has thousands of other players who may not see things your way. Be prepared to adjust your game/plans. Deal with it. If you really are good, or want to be, you will log off and take a break, or get back up and put them [Those "Cheap Pilots"] in their place. Punish the use of those weapons by utterly dominating them.
    • Up x 1
  9. gary the sewer hobo

Except you still get the kill, plus the fact that it's pretty easy to avoid someone who tries to ram you.
  10. Tasp

Glad to know that you and your outfit's idea of fun is shooting fish in a barrel. Pretty low bar to set for yourselves, but "fun" is subjective as stated earlier. Personally I prefer a challenge and I prefer taking territory through attrition, but that's just me. Ghost capping and sundy farming is boring. Might as well set up a firing line and shoot stationary targets. I'm over here playing the game in a way that's not the way it's intended to be played (taking territory is useless unless it's to lock cont for an alert).
  11. DQCraze

I just troll the rage tellers to keep them chatting as long as possible. Finally they stop sending tells and sometimes tell me theyre ignoring me, all the while im grinning ear to ear. I killed a guys tank with hornerts the other day he gets in a ESF and rams me then proceeds to tell me how cheap my hornet tactic is, people rage over the funniest stuff.
  12. ronjahn

If I kill you, I win.

If you kill me, you win.

Regardless of weapon or method, these are the rules we should all live by.

Some things can get frustrating and induce rage, but that shouldnt stop you or your enemy from using it because, see above rules.

I personally get very pissed when someone gets an instakill on my tank or harasser with a c4 because they happened to be in the right place at the right time, but you have to live with certain weapons having advantages in certain situations. Even if that situation was luck or required little to no skill on the winners part.
    • Up x 1
  13. thingymajigy

Actually it's very easy to hit and blow up C4 on an ESF. One flak burst, coyote, explosive stuff, or just a small burst of bullets near or on the C4 is all it takes.
  14. FocusLight

That's why they do it. If your going to kill them, and they realize it, they WILL kill you by ramming into you if possible.

By now I've almost perfected a method where I flip the ESF around and ram it into the wanna-be god among men chasing after me, if I can't shake him. It works about half the time.

The other half I simply find myself a nice areas to employ some heavy-duty AA lovin' in. You will take my flak and you will LIKE IT, and if you can't run off and hide like vermin from a predator in time to save yourself, that's to bad.

For you.
  15. FocusLight

Obviously. And people like to voice THEIR opinions on the opinions of the elitists among the PS2 pilots, and they have all the right to do that too without being told, it's not for them to speak back to the pilots just because some pilots speak sharply at them.

Also, I'm not a fan of hiding my bias. I'm an AA-lovin' objective-hunting ground-pounding predator. If your in the way of my goal, I will kill you however I can and I will enjoy it. Bonus points if you try to air-zerg me and you fail at stopping me from obliterating you, ESPECIALLY considering that AA is now limited to deterrent and it takes some work on my part to actually kill you.
  16. Maljas23

I see my self as a good ESF pilot, not a skyknight. This means that I will flee from a fight if I think I can't win. I will ram you if you are beating me and I have no chance of escape. I will pull A2A missles + max stealth to deal with gank squads. I will most certainly reply to your rage tells with a big fat "LOL". After that, you won't hear from me again unless I kill you again and you send another rage tell in which you receive the same reply.

Sorry Sky knights. You guys finish last, because real "skill" is being able to deal with every possible obstruction in the game. It's not creating creating silly make believe rules and then expecting people to follow them.
    • Up x 5
  17. Talthos

Harsh, but spoken like a true Combat Pragmatist. *salutes*

On another note, if I feel like being an absolute JERKASS to enemy forces on the ground, I'll hop into my Scythe using a Light PPA and the Dual Photon Pods. With Thermal Vision, and max Hover Frame.

Problem, infantryside?
  18. CorporalClegg

I run full stealth, racer, ab tanks and flares and have zero issues with lockons. They have ALWAYS been a part of the game and pilots should adjust their playstyle accordingly. The loadout is a lot of fun, allows you to seriously gank anything with the rotary or air hammer.

A lot of whining seems to stem from a refusal to shift away from the current meta of auto repair and fire suppression which makes you easy prey to lockons.
    • Up x 1
  19. Talthos

I have auto repair to reduce downtime spent with my Repair Tool out, and Fire Suppression heals an absurd amount ever since they buffed it half a year ago. And apparently, using Fire Suppression allows you to circumvent the "auto repairs starts after x seconds" effect that normally limits how useful it is.

As for lock-ons, once I start seeing those "attempts", I either go spastic-evasive if flying high, or—if I'm already flying low—I fly even lower, and use the terrain to screw with their line of sight; max Hover Frame works wonders on a Scythe, which already has the strongest base-level VTOL.

I'm not dismissing your tactics, I'm simply saying that's how I made the "current meta" functionally useful; I usually die once they start sending at least 3 other pilots after me.
  20. CorporalClegg

Well if you can make it work for you then by all means utilize it. Sorry, I wasn't saying everyone that has this loadout is complaining and lockon prey. Good flying can still be a way to avoid lockons. I'm certainly not saying I have the alpha loadout and am a pr0-l33t MLG pilot (average at best for the most part; getting better though).

I just tend to notice that many pilots I take down with GTA lockons that proceed to complain are using loadouts with fire suppression and auto repair and get annoyed its not good for everything. Its not a bad way to fly by any means but its going to lessen your ability to easily counter these threats