EM6

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saool, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Saool

After reading a number of threads about LMGs in general a NC LMGs in particular I decided to give the EM6 a run out. I am pretty well versed in Vanu LMGs and am used to how they handle. And clearly, I play Vanu far more than NC. When I do play NC I have struggled with their LMGs. I am trying to auraxium the Gauss SAW, but after 750 kills or so still don't handle it very well. I gave the Anchor a go, and used it for a few hours in Server Smash but it just did not work for me. So today I got the EM6 for a 30 min trial.

Well bugger me with a fish fork and call me Higby.

I ran with it for just over 40 mins, pissed through the bronze medal and finished up with an accuracy of 24%. That's 5% higher than I do with Vanu LMGs. (Granted that is 40m vs weeks and weeks).

I am going to have to fight hard to resist buying that till I am done with the SAW. I'll also never quite look at NC LMGs in the same way again. Maybe Vanu do not have it a bit easy after all.
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

I absolutely love the Flare but for yesterdays Server Smash we were NC and I had to make due with the EM6.

I would literally trade any VS LMG not named Orion for that gun, and I hope we get a 600/167 as our future LMG they're planning on adding to all the factions like they've done with AR's and Carbines already.
  3. vanu123

My dream weapon would be an Anchor with .75 ads and 50 round heat with no bullet drop.
    • Up x 1
  4. Fellgnome

They need to just make NS 167/600 guns of each primary. Basically clone of Merc/Gauss Rifle/EM6 with maybe faster reload / lower velocity or vice versa - something minor to make them different.

Right now most NS weapons are very similar to the mid-long range VS/TR guns, just with .75 ADS on them.
    • Up x 1
  5. LibertyRevolution

Just use the Cyclone SMG..
    I gave up on NC LMGs, and it was the best decision ever! :D
  6. TheMish

Bah, the Republic needs anti-matter capped bullets for our MCG.
  7. minhalexus

You should use the Anchor over EM6.
    I think EM6 got nerfed recently, making Anchor a superior choice in every category other than magazine size.
  8. ronjahn

EM6 is the best NC LMG. The SAW is a nice gun and deadly in an accurate and experienced users hand, but doesn't compare to the EM6 when it comes to ease of use and handling.

I personally think the EM6 should be the default NC LMG. Just a much more user friendly gun. Noobs shouldn't be forced to use the unwieldy SAW to start out.
  9. CorporalClegg

Strange. You have a respectable amount of lmg auraxiums for vanu, why do you find NC lmgs so much more difficult to use (although I understand the guass SAW)?

EM6 is a solid choice, it really does every role decently well and is very adaptable with its rail/barrel options. I enjoyed auraxiuming it the second most after the saw.

Trial the EM1 and see if that fits your needs as it might feel more like a VS weapon.
  10. Dracorean

I araxiumed the Gauss SAW and I still can't control the dam thing, even gave it proper attachments, though that damage is still pretty good. The EM1 surprised me with its absurd accuracy and ability to be quite the bullet hose. Then there's the GD-22, when I got it I couldn't figure out what attachments to use to make it even 'better' but then I just slapped a grip onto it and it was 'slightly' better than it was, but that's an understatement given how good it already is.

I cant wait for the anchor or the EM6, I'm still holding onto the Gauss SAW in one of my load outs given that it really hurts people in the receiving end despite its difficulty to control.

When it comes to vanu LMG's, the one thing that bugs me about them is they don't carry allot of rounds to them, sometimes I don't really pay attention to the ammo in the gun and just keep shooting only to find out that I ran dry and I'm stuck reloading while getting shot at.
  11. Saool

I'm the total opposite. Fire off 15 rounds with the SAW then spend 6 secs instinctively reloading with 85 rounds still in the gun.
  12. Bape

You must be a new member in Goku im guessing.
  13. Goretzu

The Anchor is the best NC LMG, the EM6 is probably the second best and is the most all around NC LMG. The SVA-88 outperforms it by a bit though.