Is HA easy mode?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by The Walrus Whisperer, Oct 9, 2014.

1. CorporalClegg

More like AV mode. The main reason people mostly pull heavies is because they are the best vehicle killer class. This game has plenty of vehicles to contend with in every battle. The shield isn't godlike. It can save you 1v1 when both players shoot at mostly the same time.

Contrary to whining, getting a jump on a heavy will result in you killing him unless he is 5m away and has a pump action shotgun
  2. DHT#

If you look at the break downs the vast majority of BR100s are either engy or HA. The other classes do exist but it's no where near an even split, and most of the engies are just for repairing vehicles.
  3. CorporalClegg

Infiltrator is actually much easier for me. Not having to even be close to the battle and rake in kills in a game where you play on mile wide maps is easy mode.
  4. Covah

HA is totaly the easy mode.

I mean, flying and attacking from wtfunsuspected angles with op weapons or going cloak with ultra fast ttk cqc weapons is absolutely terrible if you compare it to 500 more hp that don't even activates fast enough if the server is laggy.

Go play Quake or CS or COD, everyone is the same and you can blame your awfull skill now.

****tards.
    • Up x 2
  5. miraculousmouse

Is the LA not good at killing people with "flanking" tactics? What's not "OP" about killing people from the place they least expect it? Dropping C4 on a group crowded under a medic bubble? What's not good about an inf throwing an emp nade into a crowd, and quickly gunning them down with a silenced SMG, or even going crazy with oneshot knives? Or ****, kicking back and popping heads/killing wounded targets.

Those are the other two "killing" classes. Medics are mini heavy assaults and assault rifles are ridiculously good. Engineers get turrets that can either one shot infantry or hold down a room (and still kill with ease). Engineers are the master of suppression (besides MAXes and HE vehicles). Nothing a heavy has will let him suppress a group like an engie, maybe besides the Lasher on ONE faction. And the lasher heavy doesn't get a buggy shield blocking him.

Sure, the Heavy Assault seems like he does his job the easiest, but all of those big "killstreak" vids aren't done by shotty LAs or EMP/SMG infies for no reason. The other classes can do MUCH more damage albeit doing it can be trickier in smaller fights.
    • Up x 1
  6. Rovertoo

Sure, I won't say the other classes aren't powerful, especially in specific situations. But there is a reason that a large amount of BR 100s stick solely to Heavy Assault, because they get those kinds of killstreaks with enough regularity that it isn't entertaining. Nobody wants to post a video of them walking into a room, shield up, and mow down a few guys before they go into the next room and repeat.

It's my personal opinion that the reason (aside from being easy to play and phenomenal at 1v1s) Heavy Assault is played so often is because of it's adaptability. It's a Jack-of-all-Trades, with access to Anti Air, Anti Vehicle, and Anti Infantry Launchers along with their already powerful Anti-Infantry LMGs and Ability. The problem arises for the HA because it's a Jack-of-all-trades and Master of all. It's the best choice for almost any situation.

However, the only change to the HA shield I would like to see is to make it a gamble. Once it's turned on, it can't be turned off until it's depleted. That way it won't be able to just be switched on and off so they can trump any situation as it arises. Adds just a little risk to the shield. This would make it functionally identical to the Vanguard shield.

As for the 'Jack-of-all-trades' thing, I propose this solution: Give all other classes access to AA/AI/AV weapons/tools tailored to their class playstyle. Light Assaults would need a set of weak, short range grenade launchers (or something), with AA/AI/AV variants (as well as an ES version?), Infiltrators need an Anti-Material rifle and a tool that Magnetizes tracking beacons to Aircraft (or some other soft AA tool), and Engineers need and Anti-Air turret. (would accept Medic ideas)

Remember to keep all these tools within playstyle though. LA tools should be most effective through flanking, Infiltrators through precise shooting and stealth, Engineers through fortifications, etc. The HA rocket launchers should still the the most powerful, brute-force style, kind of weapon. Now all classes are equal in capabilities and power, but retain their playstyles.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheShrapnelKing

Totally.

I just went back to Light Assault, Engie and Medic to Aurax some guns after a long time playing HA and holy ******* hell I cannot kill anything, HAs just shrug my bullets off and given that there's a lot of players with godly aim on Emerald I usually always end up a dead man when they return fire. I guess my stats were a ******* illusion that covered up how terrible I still am.
  8. Ocaml

I think if every class will be able to fight vehicles in expense of their AI ability then it can make more creative gameplay.

Say, LA can take some sort of small rocket launcher in expense of his primary weapon (but you can use it from places HAs can't!).
  9. CMDante

Yes HA is easy mode, VS HA is especially easy mode. Thanks and have a nice day.
  10. Shaggath

This guy talk about aim only infi smg have problem with ha ... talk about aim when you play en smg is antagonist.
    Basr can't one shoot ha shielded because is normal bullet but you can land one more hit immediatly.
    But infi have also mid range sniper rifle to hs in all case.
    if you try hard with an mid range snipe heavy is like other one headshot.
    Cqc become one hit/knife.
    Or one hit and sidearm.
    It's a choice comfort or reward weapon.
    There is only one thing infi can't do destroy tank.
    You just need to try other weapon.
  11. Bixli

..no, as like other classes.
  12. lawn gnome

boo hoo, there is a class you can't 1 shot 100% of the time.
  13. SupaFlea

I play LA 80-90% of the time, but in the same fashion as ppl use HA. Main reason being i hate being a highly trained future soldier who can get up a hill because it a few degrees to steep lol. Jet pack gets me where i need to go easier, and seasoned speed and reflexes do the work when i come face to face with any class, including panic button HA's. The only real class i have trouble against are SMG cloakers, no time to react, You will always find most ppl need some advantage in 1 vs 1 whether it be extra sheild or being able to surprise from cloak. I will admit when i change to heavy if there insane amounts of vehicle I do feely extremely godlike compared to my LA when i use an LMG and thats usually me forgetting i have a sheild to tap.
  14. Zephirenth

Part of the reason I play HA is because I have a chance of not getting OHK'd by an infiltrator. That kind of interaction that involves no counterplay whatsoever is one of the ****tier parts of this game. If I'm going to die, I want to do it fighting, not getting farmed by some jerkoff several hundred meters away.
  15. anderswhk

I do feel that HA has the advantage in straight combat. That's the only thing he does really. Shoot down infantry, and kill vehicles. He kills stuff, naturally he must be the best at it. The other classes has nice utility that i really miss at times. However, i do feel that HA is the overall best class, and the most versatile.
  16. Corezer

easy mode for what?

For getting around bio labs, LA is easy mode
    For keeping yourself alive, medic is easy mode
    For surprise attacks, Infiltrator is easy mode
    For infantry combat, HA is easy mode
    For keeping your vehicle alive, Engineer is easy mode
  17. Juho

I play almost only as a medic. It's quite frustrating to end up face to face with HAs alone because they have a huge advantage over me. I wouldn't say they're OP but it's ridiculous how 90% of the players play only HA but no other classes. I think they should buff the exp gain of revives, healing and repairing. It also feels almost impossible to find an engineer when playing MAX

How I would compare them to vehicles, I think HA is like a vanguard whereas LA is more like a magrider. In straight up combat vanguard wins
    • Up x 1
  18. Pfundi

Help yoirself to an EM1 with Ext. Mags.
    200 shots @ 652 RPM (fast enough not to suck completely but slow enough to conserve ammo) and a reload that feels faster than some terran carbines.
    Well its lacking the Lashers shooip shooip shooip and the green laser. But its like a mobile Mana.
    So well, we got a weapon to supress. More than less
  19. miraculousmouse

While it is a nice option, it has none of the qualities that make the Lasher so lethal. Besides the visually intimidating effect that the Lasher creates, its splash damage is what really helps with the suppression. The splash will literally act like a quasi shield in that people will not shoot at you because even when they take cover, they're getting hit. They'll try to run from the splash. The other day I circumvented this when the dude poked his body around a corner getting a bit too cocky, and I emptied my carnage ar into his head. The EM1 doesn't get this effect, you'll hold people down, sure, but all one dude has to do is get behind cover, wait a bit, and then take you out as you focus on someone else.
  20. miraculousmouse