Further Details on Hitching

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Mbui

Awesome. This worked for me, I love you man (platonic only).
  2. François

I love you in a platonic way too Acidule. Thank you.
  3. noobindo

Dude, you are the best!
  4. KiraValtraut

HELL YES! Thank you thank you thank you! :D My gameplay has never been better!
  5. Bindlestiff

• Any player - most commonly Light Assault class for obvious reasons - that is killed mid air. We get approximately 4-5 seconds of jagged up and down animation before they eventually fall to the floor.
    • Jump pads between bases, it is like the animation is playing keyframes only
    • Light assaults with crazy legs when using their jetpack
    • Lag when closing infantry or vehicle terminals. Happens (almost) every time on each new terminal that is opened within a hex. Frame rate drops to about 10fps (from a smooth 40-50+), and the game goes CPU bound for about 3-4 seconds before sorting itself out
    • Attempting to enter any vehicle or activate any terminal either doesn't take the first time, or opens 2-3 seconds after the button is pressed
  6. andy_m

Nice :)

How do we do this? Do we need the Process Explorer software?

cheers, and thanks :)
  7. YannZeRookie

Acidule, you are a genius, it worked for me !! :)
    I was freezing every 10 secs since the Pumpkin patch, and I just played 1.5 hours continuously without a glitch !

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
  8. Stachelkeule

DUDE! I LOVE YOU!
  9. queue

Yes, get process explorer from here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Run Process Explorer and then start the game.
    At the character select screen, alt-tab back to process explorer.
    Find the Planetside2_x??.exe in the process list and double-click it.
    Select the Threads tab
    Select one of the threads starting with "PhysX"
    Click Kill
    Go back to the game, select your player, login, profit!
    • Up x 1
  10. Octiceps

Dude, you win the Internet again and again and again and again and...
  11. tundranvaltias

new 120gb ssd.. fresh win7 install.. fresh ps2 install to ssd.. . started process explorer ready to kill the process but it didn't spike once.. no hitching anymore for me when i was running around.. oddly enough 9 times out of 10 when i die even on the ground it would hitch at that moment..sometimes it took 5-10 seconds to even show the death screen.. ping was a steady 90-100.. frame hitching or maybe that jitter stuff? this has been so weird i don't even..

i did notice though that after a few hours the performance started going down.. at first it was really smooth but at the end it started being a bit choppy when i was moving left and right
  12. andy_m

Thanks for confirming that :)
  13. Kislany

Just want to say a big thanks for helping many of us (including me) finally getting to enjoy the game once more - it's been 2 months now since the hitches and lag made the game pretty much unplayable for me. Today I played for 2 hours and even ventured in a 48+ game and I could PLAY. Woohoo!
  14. Bu11ish

I must thank you!

Still hitching here and there, but definitely playable again now.
  15. queue

one of the recent hotfixes changed the number of threads that physx runs so this workaround doesn't work any longer.

However, I am crashing more often than before. Way to go. You took a workaround and made it a bug.
  16. DrBash00

Do you still need Videos of the hitching? Because i have a lot of videos where enemys hitch around maby i can cut them together (but this would be some work) so you get some (hopefully usefull) stuff.
  17. andy_m

Still lots of peeps with no heads. Jerky infantry gameplay in the larger fights. Other than that I appear to be able to play four hours or more at a time without having to restart my PC...
  18. SeniorChief

Thank you radarx this helped me a lot now that I know what it is
    You are making progress, Tks again, I play on a machine that is below min specs and am limited by my cpu .
    so never noticed that this was problem for other players though it was my pp computer. Noticed over the last couple weeks significant improvement in game play in all three of these types of problems. with exception of large player areas (major battles)
  19. Gammit

Is the second physx process still a thing? Because I started to see fewer hitches until the past few days. I'm afraid they're back again, at least for me.
  20. OminousZ

How do i shut off the Physx thread in what character screen?