G9 Error after 2/10 patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by 1508AD, Oct 2, 2014.

1. sando

The saga continues with two more things to try. It didn't work for me but I'll keep trying to solve it with them as it doesn't seem to be an isolated issue.

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. I would like you to make sure that you have added the individual PlanetSide 2 files as exceptions. Often just disabling the anti-virus and firewall can still leave components enabled that can interfere.

PlanetSide 2

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\wws_crashreport_uploader.exe
    C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe

PlanetSide 2 - STEAM

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\wws_crashreport_uploader.exe
    C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe

If adding the exceptions do not correct the issue then I'd like you to follow these instructions for a fresh restart of your computer without unneeded programs running in the background.

1) Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

2) If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3) In the System Configuration Utility window, click Selective Startup on the General tab. Then unselect 'Load Startup Items.'

4) Then click the Services tab and check the box to Hide All Microsoft Services. Click Disable All. If you do not wish to disable anti-virus or security software as part of the troubleshooting process, you will need to add check-marks next to those services again.

5) Click OK and restart your computer. Try to run the game in this configuration.

This is not a permanent solution but if it does resolve the issue it means there is a third party program interfering with the game. To return your system to it's normal configuration after testing with the cleanboot, simply open the System Configuration Utility window again and select Normal Startup (instead of Selective Startup). Click OK and restart your computer. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know.

Answer Title: [PS2] Error Codes
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33981
  2. CelticKnight86

Has anyone here got this problem with a Killer NIC? I'm on a brand new laptop & running a KillerNIC
  3. CelticKnight86

Yup it's the Killer NIC causing this issue. disable the bugger and use your wireless.

---
    Edit.

Games now working, but exceptionally slowly. It's progress, at least!!
  4. CelticKnight86

Okay... I'm reposting because it's not letting me edit my previous posts.

KillerNIC isn't compatible with PS2. apparently.

Disabled that, switched on WIFI. restarted game. game is working, VERY CRIPPLINGLY slowly. (1-2fps doesn't appear to have booted the GPU renderer, it appears to be rendering from software...) Okay.

i checked, for some bizzare reason Planetside2.exe is using 7GB of memory. No it's not the Windows8 memory leak, i checked.

Okay, Found a way to change game to run from it's x64 client. boot launcher, rename planetside2.exe to planetside21.exe. Rename planetside2 x64.exe to Planetside2.exe. Hit launch.

VOILA. game boots into x64 mode, uses half the memory, and runs smoooooth! (and fast, incredibly fast. launch to playing in about 30 seconds!!)

Okay. Now it's saying 'Bad Connection' and the game is lagging to hell. Probably because of the lack of NIC, :(

If it were any other game I'd have thrown the towel in by now, but I love this game.. I hope the devs don't loose it at me for changing the game assets, but the underlying game hasn't been modified in any way.

Fingers crossed it'll work better this time!!
    --
    Edit

It didn't games unplayable due to lag. Probably because I can't use my NIC.

that's it I'm done until a dev posts on the issue, this is just ********.
  5. Kinharia

Still suffering this problem. Subscription cancelled until such time as SoE finds a fix. Wireless is not an option for me as I only have a Killer Network card. Should SoE find a fix I'll happily resubscribe.
  6. HLM

Regarding this thing about Killer network cards - just letting you know that I was using the onboard adapter on my motherboard (not at home and can't remember the model right now. It's a Gigabyte board) so I don't think the issue can be isolated to just those cards.

If this problem was effecting everyone with a Gigabyte board, I'd imagine we'd be hearing a lot more about it.
  7. sgtsavage

im suffering from the same issue nearly 3 weeks now after briggs server crashed and this patch rolled out .
    contacted support and received the same things to try as were posted above but no joy.
    .i dont have wireless card so cant try that either.
    i also tried a copy of my mates ps2 folder gets to 100% then crashes.
    not happy
  8. Ganga

Same same same :(
  9. sando

A another thing to try but again it didn't work for me...

Let us try some other troubleshooting tricks.

1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click the Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator"
    2. Type netsh winsock reset then hit ENTER:
    3. The following message should be seen: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset."
    4. Restart computer
  10. CelticKnight86

tried resetting the winsock. No change at all. I'll continue to try any and all suggestions people come up with. it seems I am unlucky enough to have brand new gaming grade hardware like everyone else. You'd think with them knowing WHAT the piece of hardware is causing it, they'd have a solution by now!! it's been going on for weeks!!
  11. sando

To be honest, I really think that it is the server update. There is another server update just released. Hopefully that will fix it.
  12. PeanutMF

I've submitted a ticket but I don't think it's likely that the problem will be fixed short of a patch, I mostly made the ticket to register my complaint. :|
  13. sando

Well I have exhausted the SOE support team and in the end it is apparently a combination of my modem (BOBLite) and possibly ISP (iinet). The connection seems to be failing on the final level 3 connection.

"Looking over the NetInfo.txt file it seems to indicate that your connection gets to the 10th hop and then your connection just drops and does not complete the diagnostic test properly. I would recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider and show them the NetInfo.txt file document as well to investigate and to look into why your connection is dropping at the 10th hop. It seems as though the connection is dropping and having issues connecting to level 3, so your Internet Service Provider will need to contact them on your behalf to investigate the issue further and to see why it is dropping at that point. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know."
  14. Primefury

They came back with the same thing for me...

Then why was the game working great until the patch and then IMMEDIATELY afterwards it wasn't.
    Why can you connect to the login screen initially if there is an issue?

Quite frankly I've given up and don't expect it to be fixed. Unfortunately made the big mistake of paying 6 months up front so will be looking for membership refund.
  15. sando

6 months! I have paid for a year! I run iinet about it. I am unable to try it right now but you might. Try toggling the port security to OFF on your account. Not the modem but actually through your iinet account and see if that makes any difference. The other thing that I am going to try is using a different modem and see if it's the BoBlite that's the problem.
  16. CelticKnight86

That's utter ********. i have a KillerNIC, a BoBlite WIFI router, and a WIFI card in my laptop.

If I turn off the KillerNIC & Turn WIFI on the game works, but lags out.

If I run from the KillerNIC the game doesn't run. AT ALL.

I might be able to actually diagnose WHAT is going on and WHERE. If someone would actually tell me what the G9 code actually means. or some diagnostic information. But I get absolutely nothing.

Sonys help here is utterly useless. I'm so glad I didn't immedately resub on re-downloading the game. It's almost like they don't want any Australians to play anymore. Good Job Sony.

utterly useless.
  17. sando

I understand your pain. The support said that they were going to issuing a bug report as well so hopefully they fix it.
  18. Primefury

Oh yeh forgot to say as CelticKnight said...

Wireless works!!! So has absolutely nothing to with ISP - they're just fobbing us off....
  19. sando

I know it's bullsh!t. Have any of you tried a different modem or tried disabling the port blocking settings in your iinet account?
  20. CelticKnight86

Can someone translate that into english!?!