Hitching has gotten worse and worse

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EricAurum, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Ximaster

Still the freezes continues,anyway from the last patch...
  2. queue

I haven't had the hitching problem at all so I never really looked at a video.

The hitching problem looks EXACTLY like what happens to me when I CTD with the 32bit client. I get the same pause and repeating audio just before I CTD without error instead of continuing on like the video above shows.
  3. EricAurum

I guess I'll just keep updating this thread, is that OK?

So, it's now 9th of October 17:00h GMT.

As stated before, I have this system:

CPU: Pentium G3220 (2 cores) 3.0GHZ
    GPU: ASUS AMD R7 250 1GB DDR5
    RAM: 6 GB (4+2) Kingston HyperX 1333MHz

When I'm at the warpgate, I get 80-100 FPS with:
    Render Quality 100%
    Render Distance 6 km
    Custom Settings: Everything on the lowest possible setting, if available turned off (shadows and flora).

When I enter a 96+ battle I get a freeze, then up to 30-60 FPS, then another freeze, then up to 30-60 FPS, repeat until I die.
    Keep in mind, the freezes take more time than the actual gameplay time.

Unplayable.
  4. B4dLuCk

/signed
    (i would really like to stop signing such threads but the game is absolutly unplayable for me right now -.-)
  5. YannZeRookie

Got the patch today (Oct 9th). The hitching is still there, big time - even at the Warpgate, I can't do anything, it keeps freezing every 5 secs. I tried to jump in action, it worked 15 secs and then I froze a couple of times and then I crashed, with error G12.
    We'll see if things improve after I double the RAM of my PC this week-end.

I'm pretty depressed right now. I am an active member of one of the largest French outfit, and I just cannot play with my friends anymore.
  6. queue

the patch on the 9th wasn't a fix, it was a workaround to try to take some load off the system. It helps but didn't solve the issue.

I have to stay in 1-12 or 12-24 battles or I crash every time. I played for almost 2 hours w/o a crash last night using the 32bit client by avoiding the big fights.

Good thing I like to fury wraith flash from time to time.
  7. FireclawX

Ahh, I wasn't aware the the latest patch did that.
    If it isn't your HDD usage that's causing the hitching, have you checked your RAM usage and read my first link?
  8. CanadianHick

To fix your hitching issues look up the name of the overclock software that came with your motherboard and make sure IT IS NOT RUNNING IN BACKGROUND. You can do this from the task manager under process. This is causing the hitching issue. The game is trying to read your bios clock and the programs clock at same time and causing the hitch. For gigabyte mother boards its called easy tune 6 or ET6 you will have to look up the others. So far this has fixed 5 hitching issues with outfit memebers using different motherboards.
  9. tigerchips

Has anyone tried moving the page file to a different drive? That is, a different drive to the OS and the game. It might decrease the bottleneck, if there is one.
  10. Traveller

Well, there is a definitely a bottleneck yes, but Its not in virtual memory(ie pagefile). While your suggestion wouldn't do any great harm, its also unlikely it will help many people in any significant way either-it may end up slowing down some systems-it really depends. Best not worry about PFs. The problem here is solely SoEs coding-and not our HDs, our Ram, or our PFs.
  11. YannZeRookie

Yes I tried this (I have two SSD drives in my PC). It does spread the load (I could see it using the Win7 monitoring tools) but the hitching problem is still there. :mad:
  12. YannZeRookie

Oh I completely agree with you, SOE screwed up, since things were working fine for the past 2 years until the Valkyrie patch in July, and became worse with the Pumpkin patch. I am a former Windows developer, and I spend extra care of my PC, which I use only a as game machine BTW. I don't install junk on it, keep my video drivers up-to-date, monitor the processes, keep it virus-free, etc.

The thing is that some of my friends are still able to play, so there must be something special about my set-up. Friends who have the same problem as me (although not as disastrous) have "only" 4 GB or RAM, and friends who don't have the problem have usually more RAM (8+ GB). So my theory is that SEO was close to the red line without knowing it, and that they crossed it when adding new content - or they broke their memory management. They just did not realize it because their developers don't use machines dating from the time the original game was launched, i.e. 2 years ago. At the time, a 4 GB machine was a rather nice PC.

But again, all this is pure speculation from me. We'll see what happens when I upgrade my PC to 8 GB.
  13. Traveller

But again, all this is pure speculation from me. We'll see what happens when I upgrade my PC to 8 GB.[/quote]

Well, FWiW, I can save you the trouble, I have 8GB-all paired, interleaved etc etc, a 2GB 7880 GPU and an enterprise HD(not SSD speed, but far faster than mass market HDs). Yes, my system is optimized as well and all the latest drivers-and my performance in PS2 still blows. I can run all my other demanding titles @ 1920 with either maxed or close to settings. Granted, PS2, in order to fulfill its promise of epic scale combined arms combat-has to be a very 'busy', that is to say, demanding program. That said, I could run fine last month, and now I simply cant. Unless I dont mind standing in a spawn room and dropping ammo packs and repairing maxes and doing little else,hell, I even freeze doing that so....:rolleyes:
  14. 8ladez

I have had enough and petitioned to have my sub returned. I can't play due tot he hitching problem so why should I have to pay for something I can't use...

I suggest if your in the same boat, you do the same.
  15. NITRO WARLOCK

Pentium G3258 @ 4.5Ghz, r9 270, 8GB RAM, no SSD. Game's been unplayable for three or four weeks now. It's using about 50% more RAM than it was before the Valkyrie patch and like that other guy my HDD read is generally pegged at max and my write is nonexistent. I can sit there and watch the game tell me I'm getting 90fps while I'm frozen for six out of every ten seconds.
  16. Ximaster

See??? The problem is not the FPS (in my case,yes,7 to 10 FPS in big battles) the problem is the patch,caused in half of players causes freezes. I dont play Planetside 2 from two days ago caused the game is unplayable. Thinking to buy a Playstation 4 for play Planetside 2 at console but is ridulous play in console having a computer that runs PS2 perfectly (well semi perfectly) with low settings. The patch,the patch is the problem...
  17. YannZeRookie

18. 8ladez

First, all credit of this method goes to Acidule, as he was the first person I saw who posted this solution.

Original post: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ther-details-on-hitching.203983/#post-2967487

I'm just creating a new thread here in the technical support since I figured most people with hitching/freeze problems come here.

His workaround is basically to kill one of the PhysX threads inside the Planetside x64 process.

To do that, first we need Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Extract it somewhere, no need to install, just run directly from the procexp.exe and leave it running.

Now open Planetside 2 launcher, and click play.

Once in the character selection screen, alt+tab and check the Process Explorer. There should be a process there called PlanetSide2_x64.exe (not PlanetSide2.exe, you want the one below that, the one with the actual PS2 logo).

Right click that process, and select Properties...

Select the Threads tab located on the top of the new window that pops up.

There's a big list of threads, locate one called
    PhysX3Common_x64.dll!physx::Cm::profileEventId::pVD::GetupdateSleeping+0x5.

(there should be two of them, select just one)

Once you select one of the PhysX threads, select Kill on the bottom right side.

And that's it, the game should now run fine.

Unfortunately, you will need to do this every time you start the game.

Don't forget to report back if this worked (or not), so hopefully someone in SOE sees this and does something.
  19. VikingKong

Well it didn't do crap for me. Maybe a slight improvement, but still unplayable at times. :(
  20. YannZeRookie

The Oct 16th patch fixes for good for me.From the release notes:
    Well, it's not "speculative" for me, it "spectacular"! I'm back in business! :)