Worst experience EVER.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Andy04, Oct 9, 2014.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

you talk like no other game has EVER had problems with stacked teams and opponents getting steamrolled. even in the early days of Counterstrike we regularly had one team too strong and the other one getting defeated over and over again. this also happens in CoD, Battlefield and any other multiplayer shooter game there is on the market.

the main reason: there is NO and will NEVER BE perfect teambalance! it is not possible. and if it was, the game would probably either be unplayable or impossible to be enjoyed. yeah, it sucks to be on the losing team (big surprise there!) but that's the game, someone gotta lose in order to have a winner.

so stop your crying, man up, relocate to another location and take the fight somewhere else. nobody forces you to go up against zergs on your own. seriously, the hell's going on here? is it more convenient to cry on the forums instead of adapting to changed circumstances ingame?
  2. Rogueghost

Its not about having fun, its about punishing the stupid, culling the weak, delivering retribution, and teaching players that zerging is a bad idea.
  3. Govedo13

Such things happen. Today I wanted to drive around AV magrider and every fight was huge vanu zwrg vs little to no enemy vehicles and tin if infantry. If I had taken AI setup then the enemy would had filled ton of armor.
    The development have nothing to do with bad luck.
  4. Andy04

I know what your saying but I see this daily not just bad luck lol
  5. Andy04

I have been playing this game from Beta Bra.... DO you even lift BRAH!! MAN UP BRAH!! lmao.......... I totally disagree with you :D I know you don't lift BRAH so man up :D
  6. DatVanuMan

I got farmed eight times by Sinist. Freaking Banshee made me quit. NOT ONCE have I enjoyed the pleasure of tasting his defeat, because all he does is fly:(
  7. Ripshaft

I suppose it isn't conveyed that well, but planetside 2 has a bit of a learning curve. You may have skipped the tutorial, you can take it again by pressing the "support" (question mark) button in the bottom left of the in game menu.

Though it's understandable if you just want to get in and play and learn it on your own, so I'll fill you in on the details because they're pretty cool.

If you're alive, hit the "i" key, you should see a countdown at the top of the screen if you did it right - check to see if the name you see at the top of the screen matches the name above the minimap at the bottom left. If it does, hit "i" again, wait a bit ~20 sec (you can do stuff while you wait) and then try again. This will take you to another location where there should be a fight!

if that doesn't work, hit the redeploy key - I think the default shortcut should be "u", if not, look it up in your key binding options - and once the countdown finishes (be sure to let it finish! - don't take damage or hit the redeploy key again, or it will cancel it!), you will find yourself at the map screen. Take special note at the green dot that's by your corpse marker (if you accidentally have already scrolled away, hit the spacebar to centre on your death location) - this is the place you do NOT want to respawn at. Look at the list in the left, left click once on these and go through them, taking note of the location, amount of troops, and the relative percentage of friendlies and enemies in the region - choose the one that best represents the kind of fight you want to be in, and then double click on that item or left click on it then hit the big green "deploy" button.

Then you should be good to go!
  8. Andy04

Yes rinse and repeat :) LOL So glad you are here to help new players and show them how to really play planetside ;)
  9. Andy04

10. Ripshaft

Well, it's certainly not how the game is supposed to be played by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a good strategy for newer players. Ultimately people need some level of encouragement to measure their improvement, and that's not going to happen in a spawn room that's for sure, and it hurts the people who are actually trying to play the game at a level where they already have the basic skillset.

As you improve you'll figure out more and more how the game can be played and what you should be striving for, but obviously you're not going to get there if you're not willing to commit to improvement and you're not going to want to do that if it involves massive frustration and confusion =p

Anyhoo g/l!
  11. Andy04

I welcome your comments and you have good points for newer players.... But I am no new player been about since beta :)
  12. PWGuy93

Worst experience EVER.....

Having to open a service ticket to report a friendly player for team killing, to have support acknowledge that they witnessed the player team killing and months later having to open a service ticket to report the same player for team killing.
  13. Chrispin

While overpop will always be a problem at one point or another, we can at least give continent-wide respawn time reduction for the under-popped faction. This will make fighting against zergs less frustrating and help to incentivize faction balance. XP bonuses just won't be enough incentive for the average pub.
  14. Archlyte

The OP must have been on Connery. VS have overpop because the weapon and vehicle design was poorly designed from the start.

Except for PS1 vets, people chose lasers over bullets. A terrible decision was made to make the bolts from VS weapons be easier to use and land consecutive hits with at middle ranges that bloom kills TR and NC weapons effectiveness. The Scythe is basically a flying version of your character, and is the easiest to fly ESF. The magrider is able to dodge missiles while carrying an infantry evaporator. The magrider is also able to sit atop 90% of the un-scaleable terrain features in the game, giving VS an MBT that can be used as a sniper/LA Tank (Most often used in camping spawns).

Today I saw a VS BR3 and while it might be an existing player, more than likely it was someone looking to melt people with a laser in a PVP game. I told him to re-roll as we have too many VS on Connery
  15. Govedo13

I love the VS haters like the one above so funny. I bet this I the main reason why the best outfits are vs.
    Now I can give him a hint- the good players are great no matter of factors like faction. The fun fact is that good dedicated players could win using NS or stock stuff on every faction vs haters
    This fact make the haters hate even more. 5 VS nerf VS hate topics in 5 min is kinda sad while funny at the same time.