Railjack seeing 4x as much use as VS, 8x TR ESSRs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fellgnome, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Goretzu

Less would be killed with a 850m/s Deci with a fire delay than a 650m/s with no delay (and better damage out to 400m).
  2. Degenatron

Why?

Are you saying the PS has bullet drop outside of VR?
    Are you saying the PS requires ammo ouside of VR?
    Are you saying the PS has a different charge mechanic outside of the VR?

Unless any of those things are true, YOUR argument is invalid.
  3. cykael

VR and actual game are a completely different thing. You can't base your opinion on trying a gun couple times in VR.
  4. Degenatron

Are you saying the PS has bullet drop outside of VR?
    Are you saying the PS requires ammo ouside of VR?
    Are you saying the PS has a different charge mechanic outside of the VR?

I'm not going to spend 730 certs to purchase a gun I'm never going to use on a faction I'm rarely play just so that I prove that it works exactly the same as it does in VR.

At this point you people are just stone walling against the arguments that I've put forth. Namely, that the lack of bullet drop, the lack of an ammo requirement, and the fact that the charge mechanic works in conjunction with the hold breath mechanic make this a VERY versatile weapon.

No, it doesn't have the extreme range potential of the Railjack or Longshot, but they don't have the ability to sit in a location indefinitely with no need to restock on ammo.

What I'm hearing is that the VS want the Phaseshift to retain all of it's benefits while gaining additional range and power.

"How about NOOOOOOO?!" - Dr. Evil
  5. cykael

None of the things you listed change but the positions where you shoot from do, the movement changes simply because you're playing against people and not bots or dummies. It's not a versatile weapon. The close ranged BASR is a versatile weapon. The charge up mechanic is incredibly counterintuitive to the cloaking mechanic lowering the weapon's value immensely. You can use it as a scout rifle but why wouldn't you just use an actual scout rifle then? It's an inferior weapon in both the bolt action (charge up) and the scout rifle (semi-auto) department.

The pros you listed are minimal if completely irrelevant in a real situation, it's very likely you will get spotted at some point even if you have an excellent position so you have to move constantly rendering the ammunition thing pointless. Most long range sniper loadouts run ammo belt anyway. Lack of bullet drop is completely negligible at the ranges the weapon headshots anyway, RJ and Longshot variants have under a single dot worth of drop at ~200m. The cons simply outweigh the pros for it to be an actually effective rifle but I think that's the case with every single ESSR. RJ just looks cool and is simple which is why people use it.

I'm not saying it's garbage but charge up mechanic should definitely work when cloaked and it should have access to closer range optics.

"dumb people posting dumb posts" -me
  6. Hessesian

Draw backs of PS are:
    1. slow bulletspeed
    2. vulnerability while charging
    3. breath management is a lot harder with charge ups than in BASR
    4. loud blast even with silencer
    5. high recoil
    6. short OHK distance (200m)
    7. quickscoping is impossible

And you go to VR and shoot at stationary dummies where none of higher listed drawbacs apply. Then you don't see anything wrong. I am sorry but I am done replying to your posts, they are, in fact, ********, because you are unable to tryal a weapon.
  7. Degenatron

Trialing infantry weapons is generally useless because you can't equip any attachments. That's especially true for sniper rifles that need better optics.

1. One thing I did in the VR is shoot other players who were moving around on the firing range platform. I had no problem leading targets with the bullet speed or charge-up. Now, at a 180m I wasn't hitting head shots but as a non-sniper the fact that I could hit moving targets means that a real sniper could too.

2. GOOD! Snipers can uncloak, shoot, and recloak before they render to their targets. IF I had my way, snipers couldn't look through their scope while cloaked. They need to be at risk.

3. That's BS. If i can do it, and I'm a scrub when it comes to sniping, then there's no excuse a real sniper can't do the same.

4. Sniper rifles need to be loud. It's a balance to the fact that you are invisible most of the time.

5. What a joke. The recoil is nothing compared to the railjack or the longshot.

6. This is a balance against the fact that you can stay anywhere with this rifle without support. It prevents snipers from sitting way up on plateaus far away from the battle where they would never get touched. You have to come closer than snipers who have to deal with bullet drop and limited ammo.

7. Go back to COD. The fact you'd even list this is disgusting.

The only thing I'd do to this weapon is give it a couple of QoL tweaks.

Better crosshairs: If this weapon needs anything, I'd say it needs a better crosshair. The dot should be a cross.
    Longer charge hold: I'd make it so a sniper could hold the charge for an additional 3 seconds.
    Shot cancel: The ability to not fire a charged shot by unscoping.

Other than those, it's just fine as it is. If it's not a weapon you can use, then don't use it.
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

9. Saool

The Phaseshift is a simply superb weapon. It can be used for...

- Headshotting people who are already dead
    - Headshotting people who have stopped for a nap
    - Headshotting people sat by a river fishing (they may need to be asleep)
    - Headshotting peoe sat having a pick nick
    - Headshotting shop manikins
  10. Revanmug

Ahhh, so we have a pretty mediocre sniper trying to give lesson on how to use a gun.

Why am I not surprise.