Emerald's Rock Bottom

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CorporalClegg, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Paragon Exile

Grass grows, birds fly, TR and NC complain about getting dominated.

lol

That said, the lancer/Vortex should have their max range reduced to infantry render distance, they are quite broken as it stands.
  2. Nehlis

Eh I usually stay off the continent in which the alerts happen. VS zerging is rarer then, and they're not as irritating to fight anymore. Still would rather fight TR, but it becomes less "avoid VS fights at all cost" to "Find a fun fight"
  3. CorporalClegg

Tbh, I didn't mean for this thread to take off like this.

Overall point: Vanu are dicks

I'd like some cheese with that whine.
  4. Cransoon

I, personally, have never seen/heard any VS complain that the lancer is UP. It is UP when used solo, but in an organized group, it's very powerful. But that's basically how it is with most launchers. I would say that they're well balanced as they are now, because an organized group of lancers is something I very rarely see, except in response to AoD zergs, because it's basically free kills.

I think the issue Emerald VS has right now is not that there aren't any fights, it's that there aren't enough GOOD fights. I view a good fight as roughly 50/50 (plus or minus 5% on either end), and between 24-48 or 48-96. The issue is that every VS sees this fight, and thinks "finally, a good fight", and redeploys there. Before you know it, we have a zerg, because it was the only good fight on the continent (or sometimes the server).
  5. Negator

it is the first step to getting better as a faction.
  6. Negator

The entire gist of pumpkin alerts is to find them... guess what sort of vehicle is most effective at doing so? Aircraft are! Guess where most people pull aircraft? The warpgate!

I dont claim to have won that alert for our faction, but it certainly had an impact. To claim we gained nothing is just being ignorant.

Clegg, you didnt just come at us once. You did it multiple times, and never learned your lesson. Just like you claim your faction is not know for its quick response. HOWEVER, you DONT HAVE TO BE known for your slow responses. Learn from it.

Now, as far as TR/NC avoiding us? This is our damn game too. We log in to shoot things. We will make that happen if we so desire.
    • Up x 1
  7. bladedcross

Only because the NC who try to tell the rest of the faction to stop crying and get better end up getting scolded by SOE mods, and have their posts deleted.

#JusticeforAeflic
    • Up x 1
  8. Arghy

Its not cool to tease the mentally challenged, here NC you get a star--don't let anyone tell you how to have fun!

SOE should give NC an opt out option at the start of alerts so their faction would be booted from the cont so TR/VS could have a proper fight. NC would spooky cap the **** outta hossin!
  9. CorporalClegg

Bout time. That mother****ing star had better be gold too. I joined NC for rock music an shotgun YIIIIIHHHHHAAAAAA

And TR are every bit as incompetent as NC on emerald. Thats why we like fighting each other so much. Plus, TR have nothing to exploit anymore barring banshees and kinda-sorta pounders since every other powerful weapon they have had has been uber nerfed.
  10. Devrailis

This is nothing new.

A combined EXOC / BWC platoon once backdoored into an NC/VS Biolab fight without anyone noticing and with no adjacent TR hexes and trolled the entire fight for half an hour.

And I would dispute NC/TR avoiding VS. TR just slapped VS and NC around like misbehaving children during yesterday's Esamir alert while the VS whined over why NC was farming them instead of TR in a Biolab.

Sometimes **** just happens.
  11. Lenox

Emerald is fine, leave her alone.
  12. CorporalClegg

What? We flew twice... Once before we knew there was a gank group, and again after the first gank group had been killed before we knew you had a second gank group.

well... again I'll concede, we're not as try-hard as you VS. Congrats on it and, take pride in it I guess?
  13. ajma

Why not give it falloff damage? Max damage up to 300m and then halve it or something.
  14. Juunro

Anyone remember when the NC was premenantly stuck in the Southeast Indar Warpgate and a certain TR commander actually DID drop several platoons on the cliffs around it? With like over 100 annihilators deployed there with multiple AMS units and him calling individual targets out one at a time?

No? I do.

Lancers could use to have their range nerfed down to render range, like every single other launcher ever, but using them makes you sniper bait. A half a dozen compitent snipers can pretty much permenantly lock down any launcher nest in the game, including Lancer ones. And then while they are laying on the ground with giant holes in their skulls while medics desperately revive them, that's when the air power hits and flattens the Sunderer. Just saying.

More then half my Railjack kills have been from suppressing rocket launcher nests of various kinds. It's more or less what snipers in this game are for.
    • Up x 1
  15. ronjahn

Play on VS. Warpgate camps are a perfectly legitimate tactic in this game.

I would even say that because it was a pumpkin alert, where the point is to explore and find pumpkins, the VS preventing you from leaving the Warpgate to do that hunting was exactly the right strategy for the situation. I would assume this prevention tactic played a huge role in their 100 pumpkin victory.

I always see the Warpgate camps as a fun challenge and a change of pace from typical gameplay, sort of like a game of King of the Hill. Man up OP.

And seriously, this occurs on all factions on all servers.
    • Up x 4
  16. Paragon Exile

It's unfair for a weapon to kill enemies without them having the ability to fight back.
  17. Arghy

I to, am against every 1hk weapon and all forms of explosives.
  18. Paragon Exile

Your sarcasm and reduction to absurdity fallacy aside, the game would actually be better if there were no 1HK (infantry) explosives aside from C4 and BASR's. They're a pain in the *** for everyone. Regular grenades should be as powerful as AV grenades in my opinion.
  19. Arghy

Just saying you have just as much theoretical chance of fighting back against an unrendering lancer as a pump shotty, a tank shell, a rocket, a max, an orion, etc.

If your mad about the lancer then how could you not be mad about everything else?
  20. Paragon Exile

Every one of these things can be beaten if you get the drop on them or outplay them, even if they give the user an advantage in a given situation. However, the Lancer (and Vortex I guess) can hit enemies in vehicles at ranges where you as a target do not exist. They literally cannot fight back or compensate, the only option is retreat or you are killed.

Neither the NC or TR have a weapon that can (in groups) slaughter armor at no risk to the user, even on a theoretical basis. While I approve of asymmetrical balance, that is blatantly broken and overpowered. The range should be reduced to infantry render range (300 metres I believe).

I am :3