TR Light Assault vs TR Engineer?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminiouscow, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Luminiouscow

My personal Light Assault loadout:

Primary: LC3 Jaguar, or T5 AMC, or SMG-46 Armistice depending on the situation.
    Secondary: TX1 Repeater
    Utility Slot: Medkits.
    Suit: Grenade Bandolier
    Grenade: Smoke

My personal Engineer loadout:

Primary: AMR-66
    Secondary: TX1 Repeater or TS2 Inquisitor depending on the situation.
    Utility Slot: Claymores
    Suit: Grenade Bandolier
    Grenade: Sticky
    Turret: AI Mana

Which of these two classes will reward me with...

1. More kills
    2. Higher SPM
    3. Better Teamplay
    4. More fun time
  2. Yeahy

1. LA
    2. LA
    3. Engie
    4. Probably LA.
  3. Luminiouscow

Really? The Engie will be better for that scenario?

Do smoke grenades not effect teamplay at all?
  4. Yeahy

Not as much as ammo and repairs do.
  5. Luminiouscow

Oh, ok.

But would Light Assaults with smoke grenades still be more viable for teamplay purposes than infiltrators with sniper rifles or light assaults without smoke grenades?
  6. Selrahc4040

Depends on if the Infil is actively motion-darting. If not, LA all day every day.
  7. Yeahy

Infiltrators with sniper rifles NEVER promote teamplay.

If you want to be a team player, pull a smg and hack some terminals or turrets. Set up recon tools, stalker cloak, I don't care. Just dont snipe.
  8. Tatwi

And don't forget that smoke grenades also hamper everyone on your team who isn't using the scopes that see through the smoke. Honestly, I think C4 and normal grenades on LA would be better for team play, because it gives your a better ability to clear a room and take out MAXes or vehicles, but it really depends on how you like to play. If you're just run and gun GO GO GO, then do what ever you want, no one cares. If you're playing as a team, your team dynamic will work itself out.

I play Engineer most of the time. There are lots of things one can do, from baiting people into C4/claymores to sneaking up on tanks to... well, with enough imagination the possibilities are endless.
  9. Reccettear

-it doesnt matter what they do as long as they keep throwing recon darts.

smoke grenades propably do more harm than good if there are a lot of randoms around, and a -s carabine on an engie does it the same job better anyways. spend those ressources on additional mines~

the teamplay crown goes to the engie, the rest depends on the situation really. there are few things that can keep up with being pocket-engie for a team's max when it comes to SPM for ex.
  10. Luminiouscow

I'm talking about small 12 v 12 teamplay fights preferably on Esamir. Smoke nades or nah?
  11. Tatwi

It really depends on who you are playing with. If you're rolling with your outfit, go for it, but if you are running solo it's best not to be hucking smoke, because you could be gimping your own side.
  12. -Synapse-

Go with Light Assault if you like to flank people, plink from a perch, or get up in some faces.
    Engie if you like the look of a MAX's rear end, enjoy throwing boxes around, and getting cheesy mine kills.

That's from my experience at least, I might just have an odd playstyle.
  13. KenDelta

If you want LA to be fully set for teamplay , grab your AMC , unlock flashbangs.

Your flashbangs will affect the fight , either by winning them or losing them.

And noticed you don't have C4 , which is kinda vital even if you manage to unlock 1 block.(1 Flashbang > C4 into a point room in a 90vs90 fight means a lot)

1. More kills : LA(or engy in a vehicle:eek:)
    2. Higher SPM : Engy
    3. Better Teamplay : Engy
    4. More fun time : No one likes pocket repairing or spamming F every 10 seconds. LA because jetpacks.
  14. Luminiouscow

Please reply. I would like to make up my mind for a main class.