Railjack seeing 4x as much use as VS, 8x TR ESSRs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fellgnome, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Vixxing

Its like... who would use a Lancer that does 750 damage with 450 m/s speed and clunky slow charge up over a 1300 damage 700 m/s decimator? Noone sane... (thats why almost NOONE uses crappy *** Phaseshift)
  2. Degenatron

It sounds to me like you are trying to use both weapons in the exact same way. They are different and must be used differently. Of course, that's exactly what you DON'T want. You're right, your not after a buff, you're out the strip everything "Empire Specific" out of everything that is empire specific. You want a total remake, into the Railjack. Instead of adapting to the weapon you have, you want the devs to remake a weapon around you. If it doesn't work at 100+ meters for you, then don't use it at that range.

I knew the response would be "all the NC players are noobs, and the VS are high skilled bada$$es and that's why our weapon has a higher kill rate". Do you have anything to back that up? Furthermore, if what you are saying is true, the kill rates on the Railjack would be MUCH higher, closer in-line with the TRAP just through the sheer volume of usage.

What's more logical, more consistent with reality, is that you are looking at a random cross-section of play ability on both sides, but the Railjack get more usage simply because of it looks. It LOOKS like a bada$$ sniper rifle so more players cert into it, whereas the Phaseshift and TRAP really just look like "just another gun" for the VS and TR.

Finally, if you're just going to degrade into calling me dumb and moronic, especially with sentence structure as bad as "...common not even a NC can be that dumb he dont realize that is moronic!", then we are done here. Do you even realize how bad that sounds when read out loud? It literally sounds like colloquial dialect written to sound uneducated on purpose.
  3. Vixxing

An honest answer... Have you actually used the Phaseshift in the field? (show me the link to your alt and how well you did with it!)
    If not, who are you to even have an opinion about it then? "its because it looks cool!" <--- THAT! is proof that you are a moron...

(and english is my 2nd language, lets take it in Swedish if you understand that better)
  4. Chris Bingley

More VS have killed me with the Lancer than with the Decimator.

Just saying.
  5. Vixxing

Would that still happen with a 700m/s decimator you think?
  6. pnkdth

I want two fire modes on the Phaseshift:

Fire mode 1: Front charge, Charged shot only. Same limitation on shots, ie, two fast shots drains the core completely.
    Fire mode 2: Semi automatic fire. It is just a reverse heat mechanic. No difference in performance. Would still be kinda meh in terms of killing potential but since this is a multiple purpose weapon, it needs a trade off.

Main purpose of these changes would be to deal with the sluggish feel of the semi auto fire, and how vulnerable a VS sniper is when charging for a "bolt action" shot.

Wouldn't change the role of the weapon, and other BASRs still have the edge on firing more follow-up shots due to bolt-action attachment. It is also significantly easier to lead with, particularly, the T3 sniper rifles and these are barely affected by bullet drop.

Please try to avoid losing your s*** if you disagree. This is a suggestion.
  7. Chris Bingley

Fixed it for you. :D
  8. ahandyman

Did some maths. Unfortunately, these forums suuuuuuuuuuuck with tables, so I'm not gonna give a full list of time traveled compared to distance. The time can be found with {distance / bulletspeed}.

Time to target numbers for sniper rifles at 300 meters:
    low tier: .544 seconds.
    mid tier: .500 seconds
    high tier: .462 seconds

railjack with .2 second trigger delay: .553 seconds
    actual bullet travel time: .353 seconds

trap: .500 seconds

phaseshift: .544 seconds
    phaseshift with full charge up: ~2.544

I draw the conclusion that the total time is worse for phaseshift fully charging, but with the added versatility of no ammo, multiple fire modes, and, to a lesser extent, no drop, the phaseshift is in line with the other two ESSRs.

*other than the phaseshift, all bullets have a drop of 7.5m/s/s.

*stats taken from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...STOL&sortcolid=4&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

*phaseshift charge time from http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/7337
  9. SpartanPsycho

y we not get the mp5 and mp7 those guns of legendary even though they r old
  10. Degenatron

Oh, I see, instead of addressing any of the legitimate points I bring up, you only want to focus on the mud-slinging and limit to only people you deem worthy. If you want to call me stupid in Swedish, feel free.

An honest answer: I'm not a sniper. I'm not VS. I've only used the Phaseshift in the VR.

Now, you post your profile and I'll be glad to tell you all of the things you don't get to have an opinion. How's that sound? Or you can accept the fact that we all share the same environment and therefore we all get an opinion.

Let me put it this way: I don't have to be a sniper to point out the hypocrisy of posting a sheet of numbers saying that it proves a weapon is bad, but in the same breath saying that those same numbers can't be trusted when they show that weapon is actually more effective. You can't have it both ways. Live by the numbers, die by the numbers. And to try to skate by with a hand wave of an explanation as flimsy as "all of our players are great, and all of your players are mediocre" as a reason as to why a weapon which is already out-performing the NC counterpart needs a buff is the very definition of hubris.

ES weapons are supposed to be different. They are supposed to drive players to use them in different ways than their counterparts on the other empires. If you can't handle that, then you are playing the wrong game. I am sick of people like you trying to drive this game to a homogeneous blend with no variations at all. To me, this isn't a battle of a single weapon, it's a battle of the very essence of the game itself.
    • Up x 1
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah, I'm calling BS here.

Torokill (the best sniper in the game) only manages 85KPH with the Parallax so if you have a KPH of 120 with the Railjack then post your character names where you have auraxed the Railjack and Phaseshift.
    • Up x 2
  12. Vixxing

Bad Math error got 0.42 kills/minute with Railjack and 0.13 with Phaseshift... 25k p/h average Railjack and a whooping 7,8 k p/h with Phase$hit (0.67 with Parallax 40,2 k/ph) still i do 4* better with Railjack and 9* better with Parallax...
  13. Vixxing

So you do not snipe? Have never tried Phaseshift... yet you want to have an opinion on it... i tell you what! I bet you are a Tanker so reduce damage on Titan to 600 damage per shot and make it Charge-up BUT! Make it look cool and unlimited ammo! (all NC would use it then i bet!)
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah, I'm going to say it's you trying to use the Phaseshift like any other sniper rifle and the ease of target leading that the Railjack has due it it's extremely high velocity is why you're so effective with it.

For comparison's sake, here are the velocities of some sniper rifles.

XM89/Phaseshift: 550
    V10: 600
    Parallax: 650
    Railjack: 850

Again for comparison, my KPH with the Parallax is 25.9 (It's low because it's the one I learned sniping in this game on) Phaseshift is 32.6 (it's low because of the travel time in a Scythe to camping spots) and for the V10 it's 40.5 which sounds about right since I'll pull this from a terminal and immediately start sniping. The XM89 is 28.1 but I hate that gun mostly because of it's low velocity when I've tried to make it work like the Parallax/V10 as opposed to the approaching the Phaseshift totally different from traditional sniper rifles and love it.
  15. Hessesian

You gotta know how to read the stats. The truth is in there.

Small weapon uniques skew the KPU, because they are only picked by enthusiasts (check "burst" weapons that only get picked for that reason) - they are overperforming for seemingly no reason. Thus - small uniques correlate with the fact that only dedicated players use them. There is very little correlation with their actual effectivenes.

So we look at phaseshift, see small uniques > many people don't like weapon
    we see KPU/KPH stats that are, if we look at hard stats, dubiously high > same pattern as with burst weapons, small base of dedicated players skew the results

Can we draw a conclusion ? yes, if we would increase player base, KPU/KPH stats would go significantly down, as happens with every weapon, the more players use it, the more stats return to the mean. And we can deduce that Phaseshift is underperforming.
  16. Degenatron

OK, to be fair, I went and worked with the PS in the VR a little more than I did the first time. This time, I marks a target with a way point and went WAY out. Oh look, NO FREAKING BULLET DROP. This is the part where I am tempted to stoop to the same level of name calling you have, but I won't. I'll just say that you are not painting an honest picture of this weapon. The charge is not bad, timed with breath holding it's perfectly manageable. The fact that there is ZERO bullet drop made head shots at 180m super easy. The fact that there is no ammo for the thing means you can climb or eject onto any high plateau and be totally self sufficient is a ridiculous advantage. And for all of that, you expect NO disadvantage. Wow. Just wow. The nerve of some people. You're right, before I was just talking out my a$$ based on the numbers, but now that I've actually fired the thing, I have no sympathy for you at all. If you can't master this rifle, that's on YOU. Not the devs.

My advice to you is the same advice I give to all snipers: Stop being a professional spectator sitting in the top row of the bleachers and come on down onto the field and do some real fighting.
    • Up x 1
  17. iller

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. You don't OBSERVE. The quote again was:
    How could you possibly have mixed those 2 up unless you just don't like reading anything but your own Rants?
    Reading. It's a good practice to get into if you want to be a contributing member of forums.
    Go do twitter instead if you don't want to be observant and read, please. Far less people will be calling BS on you.

The fact you won't show your actual stats, means we're also done talking to eachother. G'day.
  18. Nehlis

You could probably nerf or completely remove the railjack and the few complaints would mostly be from those who were close to auraxiuming it. Otherwise everyone would just fall back on the EM4. There's a negligible difference in the performance between the two, and when there is it's usually in favor of the Longshot.
  19. Juunro

Trade you the railjack for the PPA.

No but really, from even a purely aesthetics point of view it is far and away the coolest sniper rifle in the game. I mean, it's a freaking railgun. Are you surprised it sees more use?
  20. Hessesian

Sorry, but your whole argument is invalid