Emerald's Rock Bottom

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CorporalClegg, Oct 7, 2014.

1. SerasVic

Why do we have "Emerald blalblabla" threads every day?
  2. Arghy

Thats because emerald is server 17 which is mattherson and if your not on mattherson YOU DONT MATTER SON.

Seriously though i think server smash has already determined that emerald is the real PS2 and the other servers are weird off shoots. If there was a realm vs realm system you'd see emerald crushing every single server under its boot because its truly the only competitive server.

We hear your cries about honour and fair play then trample over them as we ruthlessly slaughter our way to victory. Emerald is where the battles are fought, the other servers are there for farming.

Defeat emeralds server smash teams before you try to talk because we are undefeated and its a sample of every single outfit on the server not some dream team. An emerald dream team would be an unstoppable juggernaut that would crush every single dream team from other servers.

Emerald is where higby tests his faithful.
    • Up x 5
  3. Movoza

Sorry I thought you where talking about OP in big numbers. My mistake.
  4. KesTro

The only thing Emerald has that other servers don't is the legacy of racism and general asshattery that BCP left.
    • Up x 7
  5. LodeTria

Just be glad it wasn't the SE gate on indar, would have been even harder to dislodge them.
  6. BarxBaron

Those canyons are cool looking and even cooler to fly through, but that SE Indar gate needs a huge overhaul.

Way too many camp fests on that damn gate, and it's so easy.
    • Up x 1
  7. DeathTollDavid

So a solution to your problem is to leave your own VS zerg and go somewhere else that is mostly empty. The end.
  8. NC_agent00kevin

I saw the TR doing pretty decently last night on Watemeradlerson. Then came VS Libs to a TR/NC a fight far from anything the VS should be concerned with. They didn't kast long but tried it a couple of times.

As for trash talk, I had a BR 100 NC a doing it just like VS does when he killed my BR 30 something TR. Git Gud he said, after walking face first into my claymore at that. Later he drove his battle Sunderer into my tank mines. I may not be able to handle ADADAD antics very well, but I'm a bastard with mines.

I enjoyed our nice back and forth battles with the NC last night. At no point did they say 'this is a tough fight' and call in another two platoons to secure a 3:1 advantage. At no point did they say 'this is a tough battle' and just redeploy somewhere else, completely abandoning the lane. At no point did I see some dumb slogan in yell chat. Even the trash talk was limited - and every faction does that, it's just the VS are at a wide margin the absolute worst. Especially when those 3:1 odds make it quite easy for them to secure victory, or you are even populations at a base that's incredibly easy to defend.
  9. Thurwell

A few TR with persecution complexes apparently. Funny thing, NC sets up these warpgate camping platoons on the VS warpgate all the time, but I can't recall ever seeing TR doing it.

BTW if you don't have the organization to clear out the campers...just go around them. They can't force a fight with anyone sitting on their little mountain, and they're probably too far behind the front lines to affect anything important.
  10. haniblecter

Sick of VS overpop and hyper meta GOKU just raining on everyones parade.

Blah BLah get more organized, well, NO. Most hte outfits I've seen are working with only one platoon, recruitment is spread out among a couple outfits, and not just one. There's coordination on command com, but with soo many outfits and blueberries reluctance to grind it out against GOKU (or VS, since most don't know why the keep losing to VS), no one really has a chance.

The pumpkin hunts only show how bad the imbalance is: VS normally has a ONE HUNDRED pumpkin margin over the other two factions. This despite territory and only a modest pop advantage. This goes without saying that the VS on emerald win 75% of most alerts.

Something needs to be done.
    • Up x 4
  11. Derek Icelord

To be fair, the Striker was bugged when it first came out (leading to an over-nerf).

It takes far more than 2 Strikers to be an effective alpha strike.
    • Up x 2
  12. Liquidrider

I can run faster than the actual velocity of the phoenix. (exaggerating a little bit, but you get my point).

But the Range and Velocity is pathetic to say the least.
    • Up x 1
  13. Zotamedu

They either need to move the bases to the ridge lines or nuke the mountains down to dust.
    • Up x 2
  14. dsty

sorry to burst ya bubble but the hyper goku meta has been playing TR scince Friday or saturday there are maybee 5-6 of us that do not play tr

2bh the overpop needs to go play tr or nc i remember the days when vs had the lowest pop rather have it that way than it currently is
  15. Crator

Redeploy to a base and grab a vehicle there?
  16. Trebb

Not gonna lie, lancers sound like a lot of fun. Platoons full of any one kind of weapon could be annoying, but make it a near instant kill and it sounds potentially OP, but really you can't balance for quantity.

What you CAN do, is to make fighting VS fun again. I've had a few fun fights with them, but only in bases where PPA is not an issue (so about 1% of the time).

It's always the same names abusing PPA from hills too. I make a point to Ji-had Jeep them to death, but with no timer they just pull another.
  17. Negator

Did the 6th of September scar you that badly?
    • Up x 1
  18. Ztiller

I don't get why the TR and NC believe that the solution to a huge, organized AV nest is to spawn vehicles.

Give me a squad of snipers and i will clear out that lancer nest in 2 minutes, max. But if you try to spawn a platoon of vehicles, you're going to lose and deserve to.
  19. Negator

Well, you can get organized. Or not. When does PotP run outfit ops?
  20. Gorganov

What do you wanna do, nerf teamwork? I play NC and any sort of attempt at coordination or teamwork fails miserably. When I join a random platoon, it's always the same...run towards the next kill, die, respawn, rinse and repeat. Enemy vehicles ? pull a heavy! enemy air? pull a heavy!

Struggling with a base capture because you can't run pass the wall of bullets? Hey guys, I spawned a galaxy so we can drop on top of them. Nope...pull a heavy...

People just need to use their brains for once.